What's new

SEEDS, Biggest and Smallest?

JLP

Veteran
My metric tape is in the shop but my standard one says the G-13 F2 is 1/4'' long and the ZamalxWarlock is an 1/8'' long.I still don't know the weight.I suppose not only the size but the moisture content would play a roll in that.I read some interesting data the other day by some people who were trying to get better germ rates/longevity from tree seeds.They kept them cryogenically frozen for several years but they found that the seeds with 1% moisture content had twice as good of a germ rate as the seeds with 2% moisture.

JLP

G

here you go sam ... i think this is what you are after .... scale was tared before weighing

one gram of marijuana seed ... in this case + 67 seeds ...

the strain is Super Silver Haze X C99 ...

peace fron the nexus...

G

tared or not ur best to put them ON the scale with no paper

despite assurance it doesnt seem 'legit' enough to me

but im not out to disproove anything :p the paper being there bugs me tho
a few seeds to the far right dont even look to be on the scale.

G

woah trippy pic thats cool man.

those seeds look pretty big too!! they dont weight much at all !! nice

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
the largest seeds i have gotten were oasis nl ,and the smallest were haze cross norther bright awsome smoke though,i here you got a killer skunk that was tested at 21 percent thc sam ,thats sweet ,many peeps here are looking forthe road kill skunk smellen dank ,you got one of those avalible ?

G

xyz ...nice seed jar!

here is a shot of a pollinated seed flower ...

sometimes i've noticed that the outer seeds are significantly larger then the seeds within the bud itself ...

G

of the plants i had seeded that didnt finish the seeds that were closest were on the inside was Apollo11 x BMR i recall

nice shots c99 x ssh

Space Toker

Veteran
nice buds and seeds nexus, those seem pretty small. just goes to prove that great things can come in small packages!

Space Toker

Veteran
I still don't understand the seed size fetish, it seems like complete foolishness to me as many small-seeded as well as large seeded strains produce great smoke, but whatever floats your boat across that moat! Well ok that was a bit of a stretch of my poetic genius but you know what I mean! :D
Still, seed size is interesting I admit, but should not be the basis of any breeding program in my opinion.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You mind is to limited Space Toker, what about for food products? Do you think eaters of hemp seeds would prefer a larger seed? Both Large and small seeds have uses. Think again.
-SamS

G

i dont know of any fetish. Sams original Question was no more than 2 sentences. Anything else is a manifestation of yourself. Naked and on a stage for all the community to see. What have you made of it.

mmm may come off edgy man take that back. Rhetoric? ...you dont have to answer that... Again no ill will :wave:

Last edited:
G

I have Nirvana´s Hawaii x Skunk#1 seeds , they are so small...But whey I germinate 3 of them they have surprised me :) 100% germination and the tail was enought larger then the Bubble Gum wich was enormous as seed.I don´t think the biggest seed is better then a small seed.

by RastaBud

G

Naggar Mex seeds collected from wild plants in India, by Mriko.

Apologies for no suitable measure.

fatboyOGOF

howdy.

on the scale are cinderella 88 (bros grimm) f2's i made. my first store bought seeds and first breeding project.

there are 80 to 90 per gram. I lost count. the cindy's are the smallest i have. most of the others are of average size. Out of 15 or so store bought genetics and many crosses, they are pretty similar in size. There are some variations but that would be expected in any population.

i am very high and didn't want to compare side by side cuz i knew i would F it up and mix up some seeds. :)

the next pic are some of my apollo 13 F2s. i got carried away with pollen. lol

the next pic is of some cindy 88 F1s that I still have in their original package. (THis one DIDn't LOAD. I'll try again...)They are like 12/13 years old. the buzz is too speedy for my tastes. i think i will breed them to my white rhinos. I also got Apollo 13 when I got the cindy’s. My f2s are still viable after all this time. I’d say 75% germ rates.

It takes me a ridiculous number of tries to upload any pics or I’d show some comparisons in size.

“Steve has bred some good strains but "SweetTooth" has had it's share of negatives”

I got his sweet tooth #4. they auto flowered at 30 days veg. I tossed all the f2 seeds. I still have some f1s that I won’t be growing out. I hate autoflowering. Anyone wanna trade? :)

The final pic is of some serious seeds Bubble gum. They and the white rhino are next on the to do list.

i have way too many seeds. i just can't bring myself to throw out the extras.

here are the cindy F1s.

Last edited:

masterlow37

Veteran
Hey Sam

Hey Sam

:wave: Sam, :confused: how is it possable to pull different size seeds from the same bud ? Was smoking some mids this past weekend, most of which was almost seedless, then i ran into a fully seeded bud that had some huge & some tiny + some in between size, all dark & mature from that 1 bud, ive never seen this before, hows this possable ??? :joint:

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have seen seeds several times bigger in the same bud. If the first seeds are made and finished when the plant only has a few stigmas they will be large, if later the plant is pollinated heavily the seeds will be lots and small.
-SamS

G

fatboyOGOF said:
i have way too many seeds. i just can't bring myself to throw out the extras.
I know Gypsy was looking for freebies not too long ago... I would be happy to get some of those beauties with a pack!