What's new

Security Compromised by Postal worker? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchedout

it takes a fairly high bar to get a warrant, seed orders apparently don't fall in that category
the worst case(initially) would be a 'controlled' delivery where the delivery guy/girl could testify that you received the package
that said, there isn't much of this going on anymore, seed orders are not a priority
but it will be difficult to grow at your spot now, if only for the level of worry

That is what I thought. I have a clean record as well well so im hoping even if they are suspicious they will have nothing to go on. I refused the package so I have plausable deniability on the only real indicator of illegal activity.

They sure as hell arent coming in without a warrant, so hooefully im in good shape. I cant see how they could get one after refusng the package.

I have watched that barry cooper video already, but it may be time to watch again lol.

Marco61

I highly doubt the police discovered your equipment ordering history. Most of the time, police stumble across grows b/c of fires, unrelated events brought them there, or they were tipped off by someone who known about/seen it. Out of all my years growing, not once have I seen a grower tipping off the police from ordering some grow equipment through the internet. Even seeds being found aren't usually the result of the police watching purchases, but rather seedbanks getting sloppy and making their packages easier to recognize.

I pay attention to all the busts around my area and most of the time if the police find a grow house, the person's activity was revealed b/c they were dealing or showing it off.

Sketchedout

I highly doubt the police discovered your equipment ordering history. Most of the time, police stumble across grows b/c of fires, unrelated events brought them there, or they were tipped off by someone who known about/seen it. Out of all my years growing, not once have I seen a grower tipping off the police from ordering some grow equipment through the internet. Even seeds being found aren't usually the result of the police watching purchases, but rather seedbanks getting sloppy and making their packages easier to recognize.

I pay attention to all the busts around my area and most of the time if the police find a grow house, the person's activity was revealed b/c they were dealing or showing it off.

Lets say, for example they did see my purchase history. Horticulture equipment is not illegal anyway, but could they do something with that?

I have also purchased alot of flower, fruit, and vegitable seeds online. So even if they were digging, could that atleast cover my ass?

I dont plan to grow here much longer but it would suck to chop but I will unless im 95% sure I can finish this harvest up

Marco61

Lets say, for example they did see my purchase history. Horticulture equipment is not illegal anyway, but could they do something with that?

I have also purchased alot of flower, fruit, and vegitable seeds online. So even if they were digging, could that atleast cover my ass?

I don't plan to grow here much longer but it would suck to chop but I will unless im 95% sure I can finish this harvest up

The amount of data one would need to sift through is enormous. Trying to find grow houses by looking through online purchases of horticultural equipment isn't the easiest method to find them. It is much easier to do the traditional bust and CO (confidential informant) operations that will eventually lead back to the source.

So if you haven't exposed yourself to the streets through dealing or been associating with people who have, it is unlikely the police will find your house short of randomly stumbling across it for other unrelated reasons.

That being said, if you have a close confidant that is willing to order stuff for you, use their address and credit card to ease your mind. Also ensure that odor is in kept in check and there aren't any visible light leaks to the outside. DEA are much more concerned about cartel and organized crime activity than they are about small time growers. Locals are much more concerned with finding dealers to bust. No doubt they'll take a few down, but that is typically when those growers are handed to them on a silver platter. Real investigative police are usually found in the movies, not in real life.

Sketchedout

I figured it would be pretty simple to check an order history if they had been given a possible lead from some rogue postalworker. But your right they probably wouldnt have enough anyway.

I definitely need to find someone trust worthy enough for the future if I plan to make purchases, Iagree

Jhhnn

Veteran
If the package didn't include a mail interception notice from the USDA rather than the seeds, it's probably just another of life's sometimes weird interactions that are easy to read too much into.

My post office got confused at one point, left a notice that I needed to sign for seeds at the post office. At the counter, when I pointed out the "no signature" logo on the label, I didn't even have to produce ID.

Where the Hell do you order from that sends seeds that way?

Anybody can send a letter or package to anybody else, so simply receiving such a package isn't grounds for anything by the police. If they wanted to stop it, they'd have intercepted it.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
WoWoWoWoWoWoWoW

WoWoWoWoWoWoWoW

I have watched that barry cooper video already, but it may be time to watch again lol.

What did you think of it the first time?

Also, you keep refering to cannabis as "meds" or medicine. Are you in a medical state? Does that change the laws about seeds getting delivered? I think you are paranoid, and that is good.

Be cautious and Never Get Caught
BeL

Sketchedout

What did you think of it the first time?

Also, you keep refering to cannabis as "meds" or medicine. Are you in a medical state? Does that change the laws about seeds getting delivered? I think you are paranoid, and that is good.

Be cautious and Never Get Caught
BeL

I thought it was reassuring to be reminded that we can still exercise our rights to some extent. By hearing alot of the police manipulative tactics tacticsstraight from the pigs mouth will definitely ease my mind if I ever have to deal with them.

Im not in a medical state, but I no longer take synthetic drugs prescribed or otherwise. Its a shitty road and I had been down it long enough. I love to get.high and use it creatively, but it also allows me to function on a daily basis much better than I can without.

Paranoia blows but I guess its good to be on your toes lol

username474

Have you been busted before? How many packs of seeds did you order?

As the nytimes just made us aware they are tracking snail mail for certain people.
If your on their shit list, then they very well could have been using that delivery it get PC for a warrant. Always trust your instincts. F it you only lost some seeds. I would feel things out for a few weeks. I would think you are not the overly paranoid type if you are getting stuff sent your house. You did the right thing in my opinion.

B

BasementGrower

cops in the US. threw away the EASY SAFE RAID.. in for a CRAZY SWAT TEAM KILL DOGS AND PEOPLE RAID..

cops used to get a warrant to search ur property.. and then ud get into ur car to leave.. they pull u over.. take ur keys and go raid ur house..

now.. its assembling a 10 man swat team in tactical gear to kick down ur door.. risk there lifes. and the lives of our familys.. for wat? an ADDRENNALINE Rush? that's FUCKED. and needs to be stopped.

and another thing.. man.. what u did was fuckin STUPID.. rules of growing.. don't order seeds or equipment to your growhouse .. if it happens it was ur fault .. because USPS and UPS and FEDEX all r trained to look for sketchy people.

id say if ur not growing enough to get jail time.. id say just keep a tighter ship from now on.. keep people out of the loop

Marco61

I worked as a loader, sorter and delivery driver for UPS. We were not trained to look for illicit activity. You are trained to deliver packages without becoming a nuisance to the community and the traffic around you. You are trained to secure the truck and packages within from being stolen while en-route to deliver them. Above all that you are trained to be warm and friendly to all recipients. As long as it isn't drugs being moved around, they don't care what it is being delivered as long as it fills their trucks and keeps the lights on at the hubs.

A

ak-51

So now there is a pack of seeds at the post office with your name and address on it huh.

Jhhnn

Veteran
So now there is a pack of seeds at the post office with your name and address on it huh.

Apparently so. Dumb move.

Many years ago, I figured out that I could bluff my way through seemingly weird & even dangerous situations just by acting like they weren't weird or dangerous at all, like it happened every day.

Stay cool. Never let 'em see you sweat.

Here in the US, I'd never order seeds to be delivered where a signature was required. I'm not even sure that I could if I wanted, if vendors would do it that way.

Sketchedout

Signing off on a package if it was a controlled delivery would allow them to activate a conditional warrant to search. By refusing the package there is no grounds for a search or a warrant.

The only info I could find on controlled deliveries was from from juiceheads ordering gear online, but the same conditions still apply. Better safe than sorry. When all of your instincts tell you something is off, thats probably not the best time to be too cool for school.

I have kept tabs on the package, and it was sent back shortly after and is en-route to its original locale. Even if it was sitting in my local PO, it wouldnt matter much considering I refused it. I planto follow up once it gets back to them to inquire as to whether the beans were confiscated or not

festerous

Veteran
If you are in the least concerned about privacy stay way the fuck away from any interaction with the UPS requiring confirmation.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
I have kept tabs on the package, and it was sent back shortly after and is en-route to its original locale. Even if it was sitting in my local PO, it wouldnt matter much considering I refused it.
So how many times have you hit the refresh key on the tracking page from your home ip / mac address / router / ISP?

People should realize that nothing on the Internet is private anymore. Everything is logged

Sketchedout

So how many times have you hit the refresh key on the tracking page from your home ip/mac address/router/ISP?

People should realize that nothing on the Internet is private anymore. Everything is logged

Good call, I should make sure to do that through tor

dddaver

Veteran
The signature, printing the name to verify what it says, none of that seems sketchy. They have probably had complaints about missing packages and found out they were delivered to the wrong person. So now they also want the last name printed because a lot of people just scribble their signatures so they are unreadable. I think maybe you are reading into some of the things like him saying lots of deliveries to your address, there were other USPS deliveries there. You said so. What I found strange is, the guy never asked to see an ID? That should be their first move I would think.

But now because there is a package of seeds with your name on them, and they will most likely open it and call the cops, maybe you should tear down for a few months.

Another case where fear makes people over-react and shoot themselves in the foot. You have plenty of company. Fear is the biggest tool in the LEO arsenal.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Signing off on a package if it was a controlled delivery would allow them to activate a conditional warrant to search. By refusing the package there is no grounds for a search or a warrant.

The only info I could find on controlled deliveries was from from juiceheads ordering gear online, but the same conditions still apply. Better safe than sorry. When all of your instincts tell you something is off, thats probably not the best time to be too cool for school.

I have kept tabs on the package, and it was sent back shortly after and is en-route to its original locale. Even if it was sitting in my local PO, it wouldnt matter much considering I refused it. I planto follow up once it gets back to them to inquire as to whether the beans were confiscated or not

So why the Hell would you ever make an order where signature is required for delivery?

You also need to consider the idea that you're not some special repressed snowflake, either. Unless you have other involvements with organizations that the US govt sees as threatening, the only time your mail might actually be opened is at customs. Period. The USPS does not allow tampering with the mail by local authorities. That's assuming you live in the US. When they find seeds, they confiscate, add a nastygram, send the package on its way. That's it. They'll treat you the same way they treat everybody else. The number of times that happens every month has to be enormous, the number of people whose seeds are confiscated rather *large*. Your name probably goes into a rather *large* database which is completely ignored unless maybe your name starts coming up a lot. They might share that info with local authorities, but they're probably not organized in that direction, either. Even then, they have other priorities & a lot bigger fish to fry than you.

Getting busted usually comes from the other direction- loose talk or rollover from people you trust, poor security on your part, or just plain bad luck.

CobbCreekBob

spot on, imo. And with the possible cutbacks that they have contigency plans for, etc, our local one has been making personnel changes and such, you'd almost have to run over em, lol j/k, to get em excited. JME

So why the Hell would you ever make an order where signature is required for delivery?

You also need to consider the idea that you're not some special repressed snowflake, either. Unless you have other involvements with organizations that the US govt sees as threatening, the only time your mail might actually be opened is at customs. Period. The USPS does not allow tampering with the mail by local authorities. That's assuming you live in the US. When they find seeds, they confiscate, add a nastygram, send the package on its way. That's it. They'll treat you the same way they treat everybody else. The number of times that happens every month has to be enormous, the number of people whose seeds are confiscated rather *large*. Your name probably goes into a rather *large* database which is completely ignored unless maybe your name starts coming up a lot. They might share that info with local authorities, but they're probably not organized in that direction, either. Even then, they have other priorities & a lot bigger fish to fry than you.

Getting busted usually comes from the other direction- loose talk or rollover from people you trust, poor security on your part, or just plain bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.