What's new

Secret Jardin Grow Lab Club! Wattage doesn't matter!

i just got my dr120 a lil while ago. i'm gonna throw a 600w HPS in there with a SS2. what will i need to properly vent this thing? which carbon filter should i get? this will be my first run in indoor and i don't know enough about exhaust and ventilation. i'd love some help over here!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Grizzly I would look at getting a 6" Vortex that should be fine for that tent along with some clip fans in the corners...

choch

The can 33 would probably work well, nothing larger than the can 50 or you won't be able to hang it. If you need quiet you might be happier with the S&P 6" fan at reduced speeds.

jorgeblen

Has anybody tried a Sputnik Reflector like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COOL-STAR-GRO...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item3ca913569a in a DR60 ? I am having some heat issues and an air cooled reflector would be the solution but a cooltube is too big for this tent.. this sputnik i believe might fit nicely in there...

I also found in the same shop this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROLITE-AIR-C...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item3a558ded9a but I cant see how to connect my filter with this one. There's just one hole for extraction of hot air! (I got just one rvk)

Thanks

Think Green

Just had to throw in a few pics for the Tent Peeps!
:bigeye:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thc007

hello!:wave:
I've got the flo 240W DR and DR 60 for veg: D
flo lighting 3 x 600 watt
veg lighting 250 watts
picture.php

amnesia mother
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:smoweed:

sednal

much needed update:)

much needed update:)

Heres some Big Bud rockin out in 4 gallon Air-Pots. Also have two PurePowerPlants in 1 gallon containers squeezed in there. Its a GL80 with 400w air-cooled HPS, 4 in. Canfan and Can9000 filter.

The Big Buds are at day 36 of flower, the PPP's are at day 30

I think its cool in the 4th pic you can see how barley any light is getting down to the base of the tent, Im really learning how to fill this tent in. Next run is gonna be huge, hopefully i wont have to chop off some tops to fit them in by the end of stretch:)

Attachments

• P3020183.jpg
    P3020183.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCI0434
    DSCI0434
    96 KB · Views: 21
  • P3020185.jpg
    P3020185.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 10
  • P3020187.jpg
    P3020187.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 9

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm learning how to fill my tent in the right way too! I'm gonna have a 2x2 table from Botanicare in there next run and probably still gonna hand water but keep like rubber maid totes under the table to catch run off? Could I make it through a full cycle before I'd fill one up?

sednal

I dont know about that. That would add way to much humidity to your room (tent). Keeping stagnant run-off water in the tent woudnt be the best i dont think...

choch

Yeah Tk, you might be able to pull it off, but it will only do harm to your garden if you make that your goal.

OPT

just make a easily moveable res to empty it. Thats what I'm planning on making for my next run as well...something like a platform to put my pots on, water, have it drip down to a container, and dump every other day or week or so.

For me the added humidity is a good thing right now as the air is really dry these months.

OPT

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea these are all good points, I just don't want to have to pull all my plants out of the tent to water 2x a day like I've been doing it's tiring... I'd like to do a recirculating drip system but the Head Formula is for drain to waste from what I read and same with Rez's Recipe so I gotta figure some shit out...

sednal

You water 2 times a day? umm....WHY? That sounds like a bit of a waste of water and time... Are you watering until there is runoff everytime?

Im telling ya bro, less pots, larger pots, in return ull get bigger plants, easier to water hehehe. I remove two pots, and water the other two while there in the tent...Nice and easy, and oh yeah, i water once every 4-5 days or so, depending on what week of flower(they use more water and nutes the first 3-4 weeks)...With the root systems these babies build in the Airpots they are really able to hold water. I give each 4 gallon airpot 1 gallon of water, added very slowly, like it will take me an hour to water the 4 pots, thats how slowly. But they really retain the water that way. After that i let um sit for about 30 minutes then empty the drip treys they sit in. They usually have a half inch of water in them by the end of the drip.

I always liked to let my gals dry out a bit so the soil isnt always soaking wet. By day 4-5 the top of the soil is dry, but if i stick my finger tip in an inch or so to till up the soil, its still cool, but not wet, and not dry.

I felt i had to share this with you, as watering two times a day, all those plants in there, would drive me nuts too and make me wanna have a drip resevoir in my tent full time too.

Your making things to hard on yourself!!

Plants look fantastic though, lets see an update soon

*Edit*Man you got me thnking, and i hate watering my plants every 5 days!!! You must be going fuckin crazy!!

**Edit**I just got home from work and check on the laidies...I watered monday morning and they are still completly moist and dark. after smoking a bong and thinking about it, my distance from the light to the pots is alot greater than yours as well, because my plants are much taller, and also, there is like no light getting to the containers when the tent is all sealed up, so these also must contribute to my watering schedule difference with yours:) When i peak in the circular vent at the bottom of my tent, theres not much light below the canopy, but i still need some bigger plants next run!

OPT

From what I've gathered, feeding 2 times a day is not uncommon when using coco coir as a medium. It's more like a hydro setup moreso then a normal soil grow. I believe that is why Thundrurkle waters so much.

Another thing common with coco coir is people using smaller pots. When hand watering, the smaller pots can actually make your plant uptake the nutrients faster and more efficient because them damn roots explode so much in coco.

Soil grow, hell yes you want to let your plants dry out, thats for sure!

OPT

sednal

HAHA, i totally forgot TD was using COCO! that what happens when i get stoned and read somthing and respond hahaha.

Sorry TD for that long useless response of drivel!

Just more reasons to get rid of the COCO and back to SOIL:p

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yup there it is there Sednal you are in soil and I'm in coco that's why your are getting away with that long of time. BUT you could do it with coco to BUT you would get a better yield from the 2x a day opposed to 1x every 2 days or so. The reason for this is more oxygen is getting to the roots and they are taking up more nutrients think Flood&Drain table.. Last run I was lazy and let the pots get dry completely almost which is a big no no in coco though I was lucky enough to catch my plants at the right time to not fuck em up too bad. I can see the difference in health and the size of buds ect.. Also I'm on day 28 today and tomorrow they are getting my 14ml Liquid Kool Bloom slam for tomorrow only then back to the 10ml Bloom 5ml Plant Amp 5ml Mag Amp and the new additions of 5ml GREX and 5ml SUGAREE ... GREX is Cutting Edge Solutions rooting additive "NOT HORMONE" but a bottle of live myco organisms made by a PHD Mycologist and dude from CES told me the other companies products can't be compared cuz they are dehydrated and not alive ect. I can say since I hit my clones that are rooting with it the roots have exploded on a few with tons of white hairs which I didn't get before with just eh Dip n Grow like I had some but these are like the hairs plus lil feeder roots coming off those! So I can only imagine how this shit is working in conjunction with Air Pots.. I need to get some batteries today so I can show whats going on in the tent and I also opened a Air Pot to see how the roots looked this time around and MY GOD!!! They have gone crazy!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts