What's new

secret jardin darkroom tents?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ask and ye shall receive, icon :wave:

This is my dr120 and its current occupants, a grabbag of survivors from my messed up Hydrohut & its messed up Habitat replacement.

They've had a bit to recover and have been switched to 12/12 like a day ago.

Smooth sailing so far in the Jardin tent, so I give it an initial recommendation.

I don't care for the sock ducting things though, and I'm using the Hydrohut duct flanges instead with holes I cut myself.

:rasta:

stream

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Smooth sailing so far in the Jardin tent, so I give it an initial recommendation.

how did you modify your dr with the hydrohut flanges? do you just cut a hole for the flange and puncture the walls with the screws? does the flange need any support or does it just hang freely from the fabric?

i am thinking of stealing your idea to facilitate cooling my light because my current setup has too many bends in the flexible ducting for my liking.

globel

Harry Gypsna said:
mainly th hydrohut ones kill plants becaue of gases given off by the dodgy material theyve used.....

this probume is no wide spred in hydro huts. If you have a hydro hut and dont have dead plants yours is not one of the infected huts. YOU WILL KNOW IF YOUR HYDRO HUT IS INFECTED

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stream said:
how did you modify your dr with the hydrohut flanges? do you just cut a hole for the flange and puncture the walls with the screws? does the flange need any support or does it just hang freely from the fabric?

Hi Stream :wave:

Yes, I cut the walls with a sharp kitchen knife to make holes for the Hydrohut flanges. The material cuts very nicely so long as you keep some tension on it. My advice - mark the circle, then cut a + in the middle, so it is like a pizza with 4 slices. Then you can keep tension on each "slice" as you cut them out.

The screws that come with the flange kits don't have a pointy end, so I recommend you carefully poke holes with the knife. Just a tiny slice the size of the screw. Don't roughen up the hole or anything - it is best the screw fits in tightly so you can get the other side of the flange on without them falling out.

Anyways, the flanges don't need any support, they hang freely as you mentioned.

Good call on getting rid of any inefficiencies in your ducting. In my case, my exhaust vents/fans are in a closet to the side of the tent, which is not what these tents have in mind so far as their duct locations go. As such, I was able to reduce my canopy temperature 7 degrees by putting the ducts where I needed them.

Good luck, and imo, one of the best personal sessions you can have is the one after you've accomplished something significant for your plants - so enjoy :joint:

yo is the silver type of material the street edition or is the white material it? i jus ordered the silver 4x4 one and now im scared i ordered the wrong one?

i just got the secret jardin dr 150 and it has the silver lining. i also have a older hydro hut 3x3. i think the quality of the secret jardin is better in my opinion except for the zipper. the zipper on the hydro hut is bigger and seems to work more freely. the first dr 150 tent i got the zipper broke when i set it up i haven't had a problem with the new one and i hope i never do

H

HEADDS

Whos gunna buy the DR300w when it comes out? I think they are a bit over priced though.. the 300 will probably be $450-$500..

The Dark Room is available in the following sizes :
DR80: 2.6' wide x 2.6' deep x 5.25' tall (31.5" x 31.5" x 63" tall)
DR120: 3.9' wide x 3.9' deep x 6.5' tall (47.25" x 47.25" x 78.75 " tall)
DR150: 4.9' wide x 4.9' deep x 6.5' tall (59" x 59" x 78.75 " tall)
DR300w: 9.8' wide x 4.9' deep x 6.5' tall (118" x 59" x 78.75 " tall) Coming Soon!

phattybudz

just setup my dark room last night. I agree its better except for the type of zippers. The reflectivity and ventilation are better, and the side windows are sweet. + it won't kill my plants, or so they say.

S

ShawnyBoy

AWESOME TENTS

AWESOME TENTS

Great info everyone!!! Mr. Bojangles, we seem 2 be sportn the same setup
what ype of ladies u running in there?
Keep the pics comin people!!! :wave:

cheers!!

Lt. Go0B3r

i switched to the DR150 after i had several horrible experiences with the 4x4 hydrohut. my friend switched as well and ever since then theyve been working very well with no problems that ive experienced with the hydrohut.

SpacedCWBY said:
Want them at wholesale from the Chinese? Look at some of these - you'll see a lot of the tents for sale on the hydro sites.

Quit getting ripped off!

Contact these folks through Alibaba and get the good pricing.

If you buy a minimum order that is.... 95% of the listers on Alibaba will not sell one only units. Smart Outdoor Products looks to be the maker of the Secret Jardin brand and want to sell in lots of 150 pieces. Not bad if you and 149 of your friends all want a tent I guess... just playing devils advocate.

Latest posts

Latest posts