What's new

secret jardin darkroom tents?

Tomatoesonly

lc00p4 said:
what else would street edition mean? so cheap you can slang it on the street corner to some noobs who don't care about extra widgets and lightproofing. just erase street edition out of your mind and get a regular one. save yourself some trouble...

Actually, I would expect some sort of truth in advertising and I would also expect BG to keep their word about low key shipping and not having blinking neon signs on the outside of the box detailing what's inside.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
i wouldn't consider a box "plain" if it mentioned anything about whatever's inside. a "plain" box should only have a shipping tag, that's it! BG uses BGH to keep "hydro" off the box. always ASK about "plain" shipping! that way they know you need it...

you want some truth? secret jardin has a website, email them. troubles solved! it sucks you already ordered it though!

tehsmoker

I Just recently received my DR120, and that is all that was on the outside of the box.. i really like the heavy duty lining that they put in there, and the sock flanges are doubled up, so that is a plus in my book! I think that if don't have the extra 20 bucks a home box will work, but if you want the absolute best tent available on the market, don't sell yourself short, buy one of these!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Just got my dr80, heres a pic, seems perfect for what I need it for...

PICT0119-1.jpg

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
u mean street? no, its the regular one, whats the differance in the street addition anyway?

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I just checked it out, the steet one only has 2 windows, and it has a differant material, matte silver finish on the inside.

KUSHEATER1

that's why I asked looks good though bro..I heard that the street edition was a cheaper material and that it had light leaks. The regular one are supposed to have better zippers. :rasta:

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Oh yeah this zipper is pretty heavy duty, it got stuck once when I unzipped it almost all the way, I was pullin like crazy, most other zippers proly woulda broke. You can see the three windows on this one, on the lower part in the back and on each side.

Doughboy

I'm about to replace my C-13 with a DR-80, but have two questions. I currently have a very big can corbon filter, I think it's a can-50(65Lbs).

1)Will this big can carbon filter hold up in a DR-80?

2) Does the DR-80 have 4" or 6" ducts?

P.S. I know what the manufacturer says, I want to know what the users
says. :joint:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
4 inch ducts, I havent tried hangin that much weight but it seems pretty sturdy...

SweetNightmare

I'm thinking of picking one of these bad boys up... how do the intake windows work? Are they light proof? Hmm... the 120 or the 150w.... decisions....

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The windows arent lightproof if ya open um, the intake holes are though, you just gotta hook a four inch ducting to um.they close with a pull sting if your not usin um, just like the cord holes. Go to bghydro.com and click on one and then click to enlarge and it gives more details.

SweetNightmare

Cool get mo that answered my question was just wondering if the little windows had some sort of special screen on it or something to keep light in... the 120's ports are 6.7" just enough for insulated ducting... definitely going with the 120 though otherwise I'm going to be tempted to get a light rail n I want some dense nugs :) floranova florolicious+ I can't wait...

spacecadet

i just got a dr-120 today was a pain to set up till i figured out with end was the top but once up, it's really a nice tent, and a hell of a lot bigger than i thought any one have any idea on what would be the best light. not sure if 2 400 watts would be best or one 600 or a 1000 and cant make my mind up on either magnetic or electronic ballast

hey space cadet i think a 600 is recomended for your tent.but dont think a 1000 would be a problem as long as u can keep it cool the dr150 recomends a 1000 watter.