What's new

secret jardin darkroom tents?

stream

does anyone know anything about this manufacturer and these tents?

i came across the darkroom tents while reading about hydrohut's recent problems, but i haven't been able to find much discussion of their quality.

mysticls

i think bghydro has them listed on their site and your right.. not much info about them on the net

i think bghydro says they are better quality than hydrohut but it may be a marketing ploy as bghydro may have $$ invested into them but who knows...

would def like to see some more info on them

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Secret jardin make 2 versions of their tents...the darkroom, and the darkroom street endition...make sure its the darkroom and not the street ed, the street ed version ios thinner material and isnt lightproof. the other darkrooms are lightproof(as much as a tent is) I asked a growshop thats got these about them and he said the street ed version"Glows in the dark" with the lights on inside it.
MY intention is to get 2 darkrooms, a 120x240x200cm one and a 120x120x200 one, small to veg big to flower...and maybe the smallest one the do as well for bonsai mums and cloning... But ive got to sort out the space for them 1t so thats ages away.
Anyway the more exopeensive darkrooms are good-the cheapers ones not so good.

Sepro

You can order them from any european grow site for about 580 us dollars. i'm about to do so myself. i'll post a full report as soon as i do. bghydro will be stocking them by the end of next month. i hope that these things are as good as their advertisemtns cause the hydrohuts are peices of shit. not really but theres so much extra shit you gotta do to them once you get them in order for them to function the way the manufacturer claims.

kindred1

I like what I see, i think ill snag one of these at the local shop asap. the flap and exhaust features are a must have imo

I love my 4x4 hut since its the only one with metal poles. Never had a problem with it. Someone needs to come out withs 8x8 /10x10 for the big boys.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
the big ones are nice, with the passive flaps,a nd the 8 inch in and ouit sock, one at the top corner and the other at the bottom corner on the opposite end...
then you can get one of these... http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_4118.html
under a stand for ur tay and u got an excellent air flow situation. also, the bigger ones have 3 nice mini sock things for all ur cables, so its easy have ur ballasts outside....
The secret gardens have metal poles...
8x8/10/210 isnt big boys.....big boys grow in warehouses
shit if i had somewhere for it id had a 240x240x200 with 4x 600w ballasts, 8 bulbs on relays for a flip/flop like a light mover. that would be perfect for me to flower out my needs, some extra, and to grow out new seeds all the time in the neverending search....

Last edited:

stream

thanks for the info all. i am going to pull the trigger on a darkroom sometime in the next few weeks. it will probably be the dr120.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Lucky440 said:
Whats the difference between a HydroHut and The HomeBox ones?
mainly th hydrohut ones kill plants becaue of gases given off by the dodgy material theyve used.....

H

Habibi

well fellas i just ordered one of these things. was in the process of building a shed where i could veg for my outdoor crops, when it dawned on me why not buy something that i could put away when i dont need it, ordered the 3.9 x 3.9 x 6.5, ill have some pics up in the next week or so to show how it works.

hope they dont have those problems the hydrohuts have, didnt even know they could have problems till i did a quick search but i already ordered them so whatever we shall see

G

Habibi said:
well fellas i just ordered one of these things. was in the process of building a shed where i could veg for my outdoor crops, when it dawned on me why not buy something that i could put away when i dont need it, ordered the 3.9 x 3.9 x 6.5, ill have some pics up in the next week or so to show how it works.

hope they dont have those problems the hydrohuts have, didnt even know they could have problems till i did a quick search but i already ordered them so whatever we shall see

Which one did you get HomeBox or HydroHut?

G

Harry Gypsna said:
id imaginehes ordered the secret jardin darkrooom that this thread is about

Oh, never heard of that brand, I thought the thread starter was just refering to grow tents in general, not a specific brand.

Ok, I went back and read the first post, damn I need my meds! lol.

Last edited:

stream

i am resurrecting this thread with a progress report.

i ordered a dr 80 from bghydro.com and they were very helpful. the order arrived very quickly.

for those who are interested the exterior of the plain cardboard box says "secret jardin darkroom dr 80," and also has the weight and physical dimensions. it was nice and low key, although the truly paranoid might not like that it says anything at all other than the shipping information.

apparently it was made in the prc, or at least it says so on the box. i for one welcome our new chinese overlords.

it took a little time for me to figure out that the tent has two zippers and that they both need to be open to assemble the tent, but once i got past that hurdle it took all of a minute to set the tent up. i will finish setting it up with all the bells and whistles this weekend, but so far i am very satisfied with the build quality and assembly process.

Latest posts

Latest posts