What's new

Secret Ingredient?!?

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
...bottled under the brand name..'Secret Ingredient X'...cheap enough @ $19.97 a bottle...dude. You should check out their composting facility in E. Wa....quite the operation.

Seriously....the best secret stuff is anything of native value I can get from my local areas..horsetail,comfrey,nettle,etc.....which really isn't a secret if you know me.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
My secret ingredient...... ICMAG. :dance013:

No bullshit, if I didn't get the info directly from a post on here, I usually got the idea to go looking, from a post on here. Its stepped up how I do many other things as well. A fantastic group here with amazing..... simply amazing amounts of knowledge.

And for me, my secret ingredient is recycled soil. 80-40% depending on mix and age of mix, how many cycles its been through etc...... the recycled soil, compost, and EWC are the reason this is all so easy going for me. Most everything else; teas, etc is just something for me to do :D :D :D

Still learning, hope it never ends. :tiphat:

Cheers
GS

Gascanastan

Veteran
My secret ingredient...... ICMAG. :dance013:

No bullshit, if I didn't get the info directly from a post on here, I usually got the idea to go looking, from a post on here. Its stepped up how I do many other things as well. A fantastic group here with amazing..... simply amazing amounts of knowledge.

And for me, my secret ingredient is recycled soil. 80-40% depending on mix and age of mix, how many cycles its been through etc...... the recycled soil, compost, and EWC are the reason this is all so easy going for me. Most everything else; teas, etc is just something for me to do :D :D :D

Cheers
GS

Mr Smiley goes way back here.....back in the day when we was rollin' in the forum all gangsta and shit G sauce~....I believe we started recycling at the same time and started out with roughly the same mix back then. Using all the 'secret ingredients' at the time...

...so the public knows...I wasn't 'kicked out' of the OFC..I and MGD bailed out,left,quit,exited the building,hit the road,got sick of the snakes and thieves,etc...one bitten twice shy...in my case 3 times bitten.
I will continue my work in more realistic and honorable places where the cannabis plant and those doing the real work for the cannabis plant are the most important things to protect...just not really into hangin' out in frightened and weak places where they make choices to protect those who lift a hand catering to those contributing to the sacred plants modern day exile from the real world.. ...if you catch my drift brotha's and sista's.

That The One x BMR you see all over Google images...yeah...ripped off from me....there's more too from other so called 'solid peeps'....PM me if you want the lowdown and warnings on these 'good ol folks'

Anyone with my/our genetics who is serious and wants to continue that work,I'm sure you know how to reach me.

EDIT..and just like the kind of people they are they neg rep and leave no trace...cutthroats.
...and that's the kind of shit I'm talking about....the type that sneak up behind you and bite your ankles when your not looking...as you turn to face them and they scamper away with tails tucked.....or threaten to call the po po 'cause they got called out on the BS. Solid peeps there boyeeee~

Seandawg

First off, WOW!
I never actually expected this much feed back, this fast!
Thank you everyone for your replies!
love and respect. plus i yell at my bitches
I think the myth busters did an experiment like that with music.
and i think the heavy metal was most effective. (according to their SHORT experiment.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7xkuzH1X0
...bottled under the brand name..'Secret Ingredient X'...cheap enough @ $19.97 a bottle...dude. You should check out their composting facility in E. Wa....quite the operation.
Seriously....the best secret stuff is anything of native value I can get from my local areas..horsetail,comfrey,nettle,etc.....which really isn't a secret if you know me.
I agree!
Although i dont have horsetail, comfrey, stinging nettles n such.
I use Mango, guava, native seaweeds, and others. they all work very well together.
My secret ingredient...... ICMAG.

Cheers
GS
A really smart guy told me this,
“The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.”

Im sure it wasnt his quote. but yeah, he's a smart guy so i listen.

the compost from my composting toilet!
Sounds like a great idea, but i dont think i eat well enough for that lol.
All you need is love - love is all you need! ;)
I will agree kelp is great. Alfalfa also.
I see a great benefit in proper mineral provision as well. Azomite is gold.
dank.Frank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gng7EBv3G2k&feature=related
Sean

Plant Materials: Neem tree products, Kelp, Aloe vera, Alfalfa & all of plants in the Mint family, sprouted seeds (Barley, Alfalfa, Legumes) teas

Humates: Humic & Fulvic acids from BioAg

Minerals: Glacial Rock Dust, AgSil 12 (Potassium Silicate)

Local water from the Mt. Hood National Forest which comes out of the water faucet
WOW! you have lost of secrets!
I wonder what your closet looks like lol
Water from young green coconuts.
Now there is an under appreciated ingredient!
Absolutely!
Taro leaves if that's available and fresh rice stalks (up there with Alfalfa)
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/duke/highchem.pl
another fine suggestion!
nope!; wont share its a Secret.
I completely understand...
My secret ingredient is old age. I have time (no job) to spend hours doing research (daydreaming and smoking cannabis). I no longer look for get rich quick schemes or bottled miracles or think one ingredient holds the secret(s) to plant life. I spend my efforts on keeping my microbes happy because one day they will be in charge of my decomposing, so i want them well fed for now......scrappy
Happy microbes!
thats, an answer we all can agree to.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr Smiley goes way back here.....back in the day when we was rollin' in the forum all gangsta and shit G sauce~....I believe we started recycling at the same time and started out with roughly the same mix back then. Using all the 'secret ingredients' at the time...

...so the public knows...I wasn't 'kicked out' of the OFC..I and MGD bailed out,left,quit,exited the building,hit the road,got sick of the snakes and thieves,etc...one bitten twice shy...in my case 3 times bitten.
I will continue my work in more realistic and honorable places where the cannabis plant and those doing the real work for the cannabis plant are the most important things to protect...just not really into hangin' out in frightened and weak places where they make choices to protect those who lift a hand catering to those contributing to the sacred plants modern day exile from the real world.. ...if you catch my drift brotha's and sista's.

That The One x BMR you see all over Google images...yeah...ripped off from me....there's more too from other so called 'solid peeps'....PM me if you want the lowdown and warnings on these 'good ol folks'

Anyone with my/our genetics who is serious and wants to continue that work,I'm sure you know how to reach me.

What's OFC?

Seandawg

I like to use green, fresh duck-weed in my soil mix.
Anything that grows fast and spreads fast is typically high in plant hormones. great idea.
10 X 20 organic raised beds outdoor screenhouse . This year I added two banana boxes of lump charcoal that I smashed up in a wheelbarrow with a shovel. Also busted a bale of alfalfa and mowed it up to shred and then mixed it in. napa floor sweep for organic silicon to make stems stronger. Screenhouse if outdoor seems to scatter the sun and increase growth. Mulch with cedar seemed to be a big help. Lots more sun and near perfect weather here in central Valley is making for a bumper crop.
Cedar mulch and bio char.
these are two things that i know of but not a lot about.
care to share a bit more?
Biggest secret with organics is variety. I try to have at minimum 3 sources of each nutrient. Do that and you are guaranteed to have happy plants.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I have also been adding pre frozen banana and lacto B to my compost teas. Once the banana is thawed it is quite gooey. By the time the tea is done brewing there are no signs of anything left. I have used as many as 2 in a 4 gallon brew with all of the material being broken down. Next I will be doing this with kiwi and other fast decomposing fruits and veggies to let the lacto make the minerals and vitamins available to my soil very quickly.
Anyone else trying this?
Pre-frozen banan? and lacto B in and aerated compost tea?
please, teach me...
Glacial rock dust gathered by barefoot hippies on LSD near Mt.Rainer...and the residual ash from the pyroclastic flows off Mt.St.Helens.....dude.
Does it have to be at Mt. Rainer? because that may be the deal breaker for me.
Composted barefoot hippies who gathered glacial rock dust on LSD near Mt.Rainer
Is that importable?
Vermicompost made from composted barefoot hippies who gathered glacial rock dust on LSD near Mt.Ranier

"That's how we roll in the shire"
Dude! Serious?
Now i know this is all out of reach :(

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I include many powerful ingredients that are seldom used by other growers, but these two items really changed my game: Sea Minerals (Sea-90) and Raw Milk (non-fat variety).

Seandawg

I include many powerful ingredients that are seldom used by other growers, but these two items really changed my game: Sea Minerals (Sea-90) and Raw Milk (non-fat variety).

I've heard of sea-90. And have seawater available for use to me. But I myself never thought of this as being a more beneficial resource over kelp meal or native brown seaweeds. If you could, please explain a little more about both of these additives or ingredients. How and why you use them, and if by chance could you show a study paper, pdf, or book that would give me more info on these topics to increase my knowledge in the subjects it would be very helpful and appreciated.

Mahalo
SD

Gascanastan

Veteran
I've heard of sea-90. And have seawater available for use to me. But I myself never thought of this as being a more beneficial resource over kelp meal or native brown seaweeds. If you could, please explain a little more about both of these additives or ingredients. How and why you use them, and if by chance could you show a study paper, pdf, or book that would give me more info on these topics to increase my knowledge in the subjects it would be very helpful and appreciated.

Mahalo
SD

I had incorporated the mineral sea salts into my soil and then had a bit of trouble on that run. Later reason came to me and I realized that I was adding salt to the soil....and that I could just continue to get the benefits of 'sea minerals' in the form of kelp meal.