What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Searching for the Best OG (Biker Kush V2.0)

ipot

3YocOfF.jpg

0zdsOup.jpg

CmEZnnZ.jpg

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I am really interested in this grow because I have also got some Bikers in veg and our soil mixes are similar!

ipot

Some how got thrips. I just added a handful of crab meal to each pot to prevent larvae in the future. Im glad Im not flowering. I have no idea how I got them. Probably from going to grow stores. Can they come through the window? Im going to try this in the morning. Why aint shit open now? Getting lady bugs too.

https://www.thc_farmer.com/community/threads/how-to-kill-your-thrips.19567/

List:
1.Neem (I got that acutally forgot going to spray that now)
2.Lady Bugs
3. Sharp Sand
4.Nemotodes
5.Insecticide soap
6.spinosad

Im going to fuck these things up. I learned from the fungus gnats.

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
erase all that and just use the spinosad kills em dead bro. Foliar and a root drench, done.

ipot

erase all that and just use the spinosad kills em dead bro. Foliar and a root drench, done.

I was reading that they could be immune to that and I should also rotate pesticides so I don't contribute to making them immune in the future. I know its probably not needed but Im just going to be real extra with it. I dont want to take any chances. Probably wont even find half that shit on my list. lol. Im definitely going to do that spinosad foliar and root drench though.

Spinosad
neem
inscit soap
Cover soil with Sand

Drop light on them, then find thrips. :violin:

Just posting this quote to reference later.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5106397&postcount=4

"Their eggs are often laid in the plant material and won't be killed by spraying.
They often drop off the plant into the soil or hide in the vegetation during their pupal stage and won't be killed by the spraying. You could cover pot with newspaper soaked with a spray.

You need to repeat the sprays every 5 to 10 days depending on your climate to catch all the newly hatched thrips - you will probably have good breeding conditions indoors so 5-7 day interval would be best. 3 to 4 sprays should be enough to cover the lifecycle.

When spraying it is best practice to switch between different compounds so there is less chance of resistance build-up. I would suggest you get a neem based product to alternate with and/or an insecticidal soap which has a physical mode of action (suffocates them). Water can blast some of them off too.

Also clean out your grow room thoroughly and spray all the surfaces in the room.

Try some sticky traps to catch the flying adults. Spiders webs will catch them too.

They don't like cool and humid conditions...a morning misting with water before lights on every day will slow them down.

Hope you get on top of them. Using as many different angles of attack as possible is usually best."

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Thrips are not a serious problem ime, I have eradicated them using horticultural oil and predator mites before. The neem you have should work. I don't have experience of spinosad but I am sure that will work too!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

:laughing: Tony beat me to it

Thrips are not a serious problem ime, I have eradicated them using horticultural oil and predator mites before. The neem you have should work. I don't have experience of spinosad but I am sure that will work too!

Save yourself all the trouble and headache of those other products and just do several treatments of spinosad like 3 days apart. Thrips are the training wheels of cannabis pests. You got this :yes:

ipot

I got some jacks dead bug for the spinosad and some insecticide soap, I did not get any neem or sand. Im going to start doing preventative maintenance with the bugs. Thanks for all the advice. I dont see any today after the neem spray yesterday. Probably will get some more neem.

Where do you rank fugus gnats? Those are the only pests I have had other than these thrips. I could not get rid of the fugus gnats at all.

thank you again.

Last edited:

ipot

Looks like the thrips are gone. I didn't see any of them after the second spray. I did a root drench also. Two of the plants where showing what look like cal deff. I may be from stress or the spraying, I dont see it really spreading anymore.

I repoted the 2 bigger plants into 5 gal. today. I had them in the 3 gal. for 5 weeks or more. It was a little too long. They were showing signs of lack of food and/or root space. ie drooping a little off colored. I should have transplanted a week or more sooner. Wanted to take care of the thrips first. I will continue to veg the smaller one until it is big enough, looks like she is 1.5-2weeks behind.

I will veg them out in the 5 gal for about 3-4 weeks then put them in 7s then flower. It is clear I will need to topdress mid flower. 4-5 weeks then the soil is about maxed out.

I will post pictures later on super ugly right now. lol.

ipot

Your veg times sound very long, are they not very vigorous?

I think they are pretty virgous, I dont really have that much experience growing different strains. I just want 3 plants to fill a 4x4 corner to corner, they outgrew the 3x3 tent so I have them vegging in the flower tent. I could have started flower a while ago and got 4oz plants, I want 8oz plants lol. I dont have any clones yet either. I switched from hydro to rapid rooters I think it should work this time. Ive done straight to dirt before.

They are 13 weeks from first sprout. I broke roots a little on the first transplant. So about 9-10 perfect weeks of veg.

Glad to hear you solved the thrips issue:) how tall are they?

I tie the plants down so they are about 26" tall. The biggest one 36" long and 22" wide and 26" tall.

Lights off Pic:

Iepv9SO.jpg

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
My Bikers are the most vigorous of the four Karma strains that I germinated, I have been running clones for years so I am probably not used to the extra veg time from seed.

ipot

My Bikers are the most vigorous of the four Karma strains that I germinated, I have been running clones for years so I am probably not used to the extra veg time from seed.

Yeah for me it always takes about 2wks for the seedlings to enter the "veg" mode.

ipot

Yeah for me it always takes about 2wks for the seedlings to enter the "veg" mode.

ipot

Im running out of room. I am going to start flowering as soon as I see roots on these clones, only going to wait another week. I will leave them in the 5 gal. I left room to top dress mid flower. Once I start flowering Im going to plant some stawberry banana cream seeds.
(bubble gum x banana og)x White og v2

2udq9pg.jpg

ipot

#4 is the biggest. Looking good. Starting flower 10/8 so harvest should be 12/17. Clones are still looking good put them on top of the light to get them warm.

c6AxmuB.jpg

4VBYP1v.jpg