What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sea solids and coco; Side by side trial

bunta*bun

hi,
so on the first picture the package of the salt says 100% organic sea salt, does this mean this is just plain sea salt. The normal salt that you could eat or take a bath ? or is it something special?
I can't believe that plants can live with seawater???

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics are there now. Looking really good. Don't know what the problem was.

Our girls like more N (Nitrate form) than most NPK hydro nutes provide. I have been using GH FloraMicro (5-0-0) , but the Azo seems worth trying. Where did you get it?

CovertCrops

Bunta*bun - Sea-90 is nothing but evaporated seawater. My sea solid table has been fed nothing but sea-90 and 5 ml/g pbp grow. Plants absolutely can grow in seawater, crazy as it may sound.
Sea-90
picture.php

Petflora - Thank you. Glad you can see the pictures now. I would have to say that the azos work, because with 5 ml/g pbp grow the plants are only getting 44 ppm of N per gallon. I got the azos from a company called extreme pumpkin, they were the only place I could find it.

CovertCrops

Day 14

Day 14

Things are looking good, the Sea solid plants are still smaller in stem thickness but their stems are a good deal stronger than the control plants. The control plants have stretched more than the sea solid plants. I had to do some low stress training after these shots were taken. For the record 5 ml/g of PbP grow is:
44 N (additional N is provided by the bacteria Azospirillum)
13 P
48 K
7 MG
15 CA
All other nutrition comes from the 5ml/g of sea salt.

Day 14
picture.php

Sea solids
2.2 EC Sea water + 5ml/g PbP grow
picture.php

Control
1.6 EC Canna Coco
picture.php

Sea solids (LEFT) Control (RIGHT)
picture.php

Sea solids ECSD
picture.php

Control ECSD
picture.php

The controls are bigger, but the sea solid plants seem healthier and happier. They display almost no leaf curl, where as the controls almost all show some leaf curl. I'm getting a bit more comfortable with the high EC of seawater, its hard to get used to at first, I kept thinking I was gonna cook my plants but they show no ill effects.

osirica420

yea its seems the flowering has sped up a lttile on the sea solid group ....pretty much expected..

what i have notice in the yrs growing with sea salt is that the plants internal chemistry is heightened wit the sea solids so there is more resin, smell and vitamins etc...

i suspect this theory will hold very true here...

here is a seasolid chemdog dd bud for u 46s days since first pistil...
they are really starting to pack it on now!....

picture.php

picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AMAZING! Do you think Him Sea Salt will be as good? And thanks for the lead on Azos

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found it. http://www.extremepumpkinstore.com/ecom-catshow/extremegardening.html They have really cool nutes and additives, like
Nutrical (link below) which has 6% Nitrogen Nitrate, plus 8% Calcium.

I'm almost out of CalMg+, and GH MicroFlora, seems like Nutrical would take the place of both. http://www.extremepumpkinstore.com/ecom-prodshow/nutrical25gal.html

Did you say you are not using any bloom booster? They also sell FF BigBloom- which I use, and am almost out of.

I am liking this nute schedule very much!

CovertCrops

Buddah - Thanks for stopping in, its been a very enjoyable experiment so far.

Dopeboy - I'm very excited for the finished product, thanks for checking this out.

Petflora - No HIM sea salt for me, just sea-90. That nutri-cal looks like good stuff, I have a few strains that would benefit greatly from that, may have to grab some as well. Do let us know if you start playing with the Azos, there doesn't seem to be many using it currently. As far as bloom boosters, I'm not certain if I will use one this round. Might just run it as is and see what happens. So far its been working rather well.

Osirica420 - Those buds are looking great bro. I suspect your theory will be correct with the end product being superior to traditional nutrients. I've grown with PbP for many years and Canna for a few, any differences should be very noticeable. Have you used bloom boosters with your runs?

osirica420

I have used koolbloom and guano tea on different runs... both worked very good..

Using small amounts of koolbloom this run..
right now the chemdog is on koolbloom and sea solids only for the next 10 days til i start flushing...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been told Azo will not do much in high pressure aero (if at all in hydro), and that the CO2 for leafs is BS, and micco takes to long to colonize in short grow strains. Although the Nutrial seems great, I enlarged the HSS label Osirica provided- 3g Ca/1.5g Mg- I don't think the plants need more than that. CHA-CHING. Savin $$$ and steps!

I am strongly considering using HSS as my primary nutrient for my next grow- a 65 day lowryder X bubble strain. I am still not sure whether I should bump it with N (Osirica?), plus 0-7-0 bat guano at the beginning of bud, then bring it home with some FF BigBloom; Fulpower fulvic acid throughout, of course.

If I hook up a second system, I will do a side-by-side: Neptune Harvest Seaweed Plant Food/Fish Food vs HSS.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sea Solids? We Don't Need No Stinking Sea Solids!

Sea Solids? We Don't Need No Stinking Sea Solids!

Just came across this Frequency Infused Water

"There is a woman doing experiments with sound, water and plants. She takes simple water, then infuses it with specific sound frequencies, then feeds that water to plants in a hydroponic set up. This water is the ONLY nutrients these plants get, nothing else - no soil, just this water and air. Surprisingly, the plants thrive! She postulates that nutrients have specific frequencies, and you can actually infuse those frequencies into the water via sound. I have been wracking my brain, trying to come up with this womans name, "Joyvie???" something like that, I will get it if you are interested. I saw her speak in california a few years back, fascinating stuff."

CovertCrops

Petflora - Frequency infused water? So, a woman takes a sound machine and infuses the sound waves into the water, which in turn provides all the nutrition a plant needs? I don't know enough about it to pass judgment but it seems kinda far fetched but I will keep my mind open, if you can find the info that would be great.

Bummer the azos won't work with aero, a part of the reason I ditched hydroton for the coco was to utilize more microlife and give them a happy medium to colonize. I have to disagree with you on the Mycorizahe, they colonize fast enough to be of benefit even for 45 day strains. I had a good laugh at that co2 fixing spray.

I'm sure some people are saying that Sea solids is a far fetched idea but is it? Sea water is the oldest nutrient solution on the planet, all life and land masses on this planet came out of the ocean. Marine life is healthier and longer lived than terrestrial life

Osirica - I think I'm going to use Natures Nectar P and K to boost through flowering.

osirica420

I heard of sound frequency having a profound effect so who knows, provide us with a link if possible..

PetFlora... i would add small amounts of NPK in this ratio 2 2 5, never more then half strength depends on where your at in the cycle along with the 1000-3000ppm seasolids..

Natures Nectars def sounds like a good choice never used them before..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Petflora - Frequency infused water? So, a woman takes a sound machine and infuses the sound waves into the water, which in turn provides all the nutrition a plant needs? I don't know enough about it to pass judgment but it seems kinda far fetched but I will keep my mind open, if you can find the info that would be great.

Bummer the azos won't work with aero, a part of the reason I ditched hydroton for the coco was to utilize more microlife and give them a happy medium to colonize. I have to disagree with you on the Mycorizahe, they colonize fast enough to be of benefit even for 45 day strains. I had a good laugh at that co2 fixing spray.

I'm sure some people are saying that Sea solids is a far fetched idea but is it? Sea water is the oldest nutrient solution on the planet, all life and land masses on this planet came out of the ocean. Marine life is healthier and longer lived than terrestrial life

Osirica - I think I'm going to use Natures Nectar P and K to boost through flowering.

The support info has to do with this: Before anything can manifest physically there must be sound= frequencies. So to me, her premise makes sense, but how do you do it, and hold in in solution? In the mean time, we have sea minerals. :jump:

I would love to see you stay the course with just sea mins, but fully understand why you would want to bump. :artist:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In True Aeroponic Growing (TAG), which uses high pressure- >50psi- and low flow nozzles- < 1gph, we never go beyond 600 in mid-veg and 1000 in full bloom. Why? The roots are being fed in the most bioavailable way. They get what they need, wasting little to nothing. If you want to learn more about it, check out my journal

CovertCrops

I'll have to look into that sound stuff when I have a bit more time, things are a bit busy around here lately. Any idea when it will be on the market?

I'm trying to keep my additions to the Sea Solids as minimal as possible. I added 2 ml/g Natures Nectar Phosphorus to the Sea Solids mix which only added 10 ppm P and 8 ppm CA.
5 ml/g PbP grow + 2 ml/g P
44 N
23 P
48 K
7 MG
23 CA

The Control plants have been fed 10 ml/g A + B
145 N
51 P
72 K
35 MG
131 CA

I added 6 ml/g PK 13/14 which bumped the Control plants to:
145 N
134 P
246 K
35 MG
131 CA

And the madness....
Day 17.
picture.php

The Sea Solid plants have stopped stretching, the Controls are almost done. I am interested to see how flowering progresses, stay tuned.

Latest posts

Latest posts