What's new

Scrub's PLL Coco Cupboard and Friends

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Yes I am very glad to see you back safe and sound! Also great news on the PK, the best you have ever grown is a high complement indeed :D

The funny thing watching the run I would have thought the Leda would out weight the PK but it looks like the PK was 150% the yield of the Leda.

So that PK looked great the whole way through, tastes great, and produces! I hope she will be joining you in the bush ;)

:joint:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow holy sheet ur back.:D :D yea yea.
I though U went up in a puff of smoke and were gunna be long gone.

cant wate to see ur ourdoor grow.
hopen to get a good amount from my OD grow.

also thouse pk and leda uno look killer bro. I bet that pk tast so so so dam good.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Great to have you back Scrub!!! PK is pretty good hey!!! Total medicinal weed for sure..
take care bro

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Greeetings Scrub, Good to hear from you again. Nice photos my friend.

textas

Hey scrub. I'm assuming you're from Australia. What kind of ballast are you using for your PL-Ls since the Fulham Workhorses don't seem to be available in 240v?

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hi all thanks for the warm replies, and good to see y'all :) The new place is going well. I didn't keep my PK cut but friends have it going outdoors so I can get it back if needed. I just planted the last 3 PK seeds I had so I'm looking for the best cut and then I know I'm growing the best. Yeah it's great smoke for shizzle. :dance013: My pal wasn't too keen on it outdoors, same issue with the habit of growing more trichs than bud, but the bud is like gold. I'll try to get a photo or two of his when I become more settled. He's passed the cut onto other growers too so it's doing the rounds :good: Very excited to see how the other seeds turn out!

My friend is also growing pheno #3 of my TWxPD and it's fantastic!!!! I wasn't going to even keep it around so it's lucky I gave it to him to grow out properly in the sun. This was it when I grew it in the cupboard:

His is 5ft high and buds forming like my arm :D

The way I'm growing now is I have 3 TWxPDs vegging in 35 litre growbags of pure Canna coco and I put them out in the sun, but I built a little rack thing over them and there are 2 x 30cm white CCFL bulbs, each on their own inverter, and that's all hooked up to some deep cycle batteries in a wheelbarrow, and I run them for 3 or 4 hours each night as it gets dark. When they get big enough, I'll shift them away from the lights and they'll go straight into flower. It seems to be working and the lights have run for 3 nights now with no dimming, and survived rain. :D I think it's like 6.4 watts or so total and I should get at least a pound from these 3 plants if it works.

Even though I'm outdoors, I'm still kind of micro, haha.

Textas, The PLLs I used in the cupboard came as a pre-built unit from a hydro store originally - they seem a common item in oz stores. I got some other pll ballasts from ebay.
Aquarium stores online may have them too but probably expensive.

Sorry to anyone's PM's I didn't reply to but I had a lot waiting and can't be arsed to answer old questions which have probably been dealt with by now.

Peace. :tiphat:

textas

Cheers scrub. Actually was having a look around the OSRAM catalogue last night --> http://catalog.myosram.com -plenty of info and sweet sweet numbers . They call their PL-L the DULUX L and if you have a look they have an awesome range of colour temps in the 55w version, whether or not its possible to get the whole range, well I dont know, might give a ring around a couple of OSRAM distributors.

Might I also draw your attention to their DULUX 120w HO CONSTANT. Not quite as efficient as the 55w L but puts out a nice 9000Lumens at 75 lumens per watt. Also nice and small at 23 cm in length. Could work nice vertically perhaps?

textas

Actually looking at their Australian catalogue the range is a little but smaller, notably their missing the 2700K and that 120w HO is only available in 4000K.

http://osram.com.au/osram_au/Indoor...or_Catalog_PDFs/Chapter_03-_CFL_2009_2010.pdf

Also i've been looking at their bulb to ballast compatability chart and it seems the bulb/ballast combos are rated for lumens. One of the ballasts giving 5000 lumens. Dont know if im right though in making that assumption.

http://www.osram.com/_global/pdf/Professional/ECG_&_LMS/General_information/199K001GB_combi.pdf

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well I tend to veer away from anything with a lower lumens per watt but sure, it'd do the trick. It's very short so I'm thinking it would be hella intense light. Great for PCs - nice find!

Hmmm I had a look at that ballast chart but I have a head full of PK :D

You can always order the bulbs from O/S if they don't have the spectrum in Oz by the way.

textas

Should actually introduce myself as i'm new to posting here. I've not really got much proper grow experience, only grown one plant which got pulled prematurely by someone i was living with at the time. Had a few half assed attempts at grow boxes but always been too limited by money and stealth probs so i've scrapped them. I have done a LOT of research though, been doing my homework and reading grow forums for the past 3 years or so.

At the moment i'm putting together a design for a 90mm h x 90mm w x 45mm d stealth fish tank cab. Want to have a list of everything to buy which I can save for and buy all at once, to make sure it all gets done propertly. Currently im looking at getting the same westaflex 125mm mixed flow that you have pulling through a small carbon filter and exhaust into some sort of DIY muffler. Going to have it as a flower chamber with a small mother/clone cabinet boxed off inside of it which will vent into the flower chamber. Looking at 4x 55w in flower chamber and 1x 55w in mother chamber. It will be a soil grow drawing inspiration from both you and dr.bud.

I thank you for all the information you've put out onto these forums, it seems that whenever im doing research on a product im looking at or a DIY project or something theres usually a post from you on it.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
My pleasure man, and welcome.

Currently im looking at getting the same westaflex 125mm mixed flow that you have pulling through a small carbon filter and exhaust into some sort of DIY muffler.

I know it's the micro forum and all but my advice is to go as big as possible with the filter. The more surface area, the better. Even a properly working filter is the biggest restriction in the air flow, so if it's a small filter, it makes a bad situation worse.

That fan is strong enough that you could safely blow into a decently sized filter on low speed. That in itself acts as a muffler. If you sit down and think about it, there's usually a way to drastically increase the surface area of a diy carbon filter too - just go flat instead of round.

How stealth do you need it to be? In the long run, they all make some noise if you want to grow any real quantity of weed, imo. Hope that helps. :wave::wave:

textas

Well I was hoping that by having it under a fish tank (with a noisy canister filter and air pump) and having my desk with pc set up next to it that I would be able to disguise the muffled noise of the ventilation making it almost unnoticable. Unnocitable enough for a rental inspection even, probably help if ive got music playing on my computer too.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah that should work good then. Much easier to drown it out than try to reduce it heaps. Would the lights cause problems by warming up the water half of the day?

textas

Yeah I have thought about that but I think it would be minimal with the wood between it. Im in a colder climate anyway so it would probably just mean that the heater in the tank will have to work less.

When you have your rental inspection just play some of those soothing nature soundtracks with lots of wind noise in them, should disguise the fan sounds and possibly mollify the real estate agent/landlord making the inspection go much easier. :dance013:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey Bole I will when I get a chance but I don't have internets these days so time is short. I just wanted to drop a quick update. I started using a 500 litre water tank with a 12v CFL + the sun to veg.

Hey boom here's those 2 DPD's I have going. First one is a Smart pot, 2nd one is a hempy

And the new PKs, thanks HS

I use a deep cycle battery and a solar panel to charge it. It does the job. :tiphat:

I have a bunch of Very Berry x Erdpurt pics but no time to resize, lol. Till next time!