What's new

Scrub's PLL Coco Cupboard and Friends

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
:tiphat: Suuup.

I plugged in the old cab tonight and figured it's a good time for a new thread. (The old thread detailing the build and first 2 grows is here)

The strains I have to play with this time are
  • an S1 Purple Kush
  • 4 different Arcata Trainwreck x Princess Diesel (revegged from seeds/last grow)
  • 2 Leda Uno (unsexed as yet)

Right at this time I'm just vegging em, and trying to get some clones. Not too sure what the grow will look like. Adventure!

Well here are some pics. I put the PK and a LU in the pl-l cab under a single 55w 10,000k to see what happens:
DSCF4276.JPG

I've been tipping and cloning so these are going to be very bushy. Here's the PK and LU close up in that order:
DSCF4280.JPG

DSCF4283.JPG

This gave me a bit more space for the TWxPDs under 2x18w T-8s, 6500k & 10,000k (in the tent)
DSCF4293.JPG

Before tonight the whole lot was growing under those 36w :cool:

They're all in straight coco, mostly reused, with Dutch Master Gold nutes. The only thing I added to the coco was some diatomacious earth for silica, and I use h2o2 to control the fungus gnats and anything else feeling lucky, as well as introduce oxygen into the medium. I also put holes in the sides of all my containers as a diy semi airpot effect. Works fantastic.

Well, that's about all. Welcome to the new thread :gday: Now I just need some friends :cry::watchplant:

Edit: I will update the following list with threads that I found helpful.

How To Reveg
This thread is da peat puck freaks

The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

Plastics & Toxicity
A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)
Needed lighting concepts to develop LED grow lights (It's useful for all growers)
Coco and hydrogen peroxide? application & ratio
h202 faq from og

Hydrogen Peroxide ???

Cloning with JJScorpio

Bokashi for beginners: what is it, and what can it do for me?
Bokashi questions

Effective Microorganisms, aka EM

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)
Smart Pots

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey Scrub! :D

Different coming back to something you've put a way for a bit, eh? :D

Do you have a link to a smoke report on that TW X PD? I have a few of those and am looking forward to what may come of them. :D

You've come a long way, and fast, with your indoor stuff. :) Congrats! :tiphat:

Stay Safe! :tree:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
nice plants dude. nice new thread. Ill be watching to see how these ones turn out.
also the reveging ones r looking great.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hehehehe pulling up a front row couch for this one, brother scrubalubz.
Peace an Respectz.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those containers - aren't those soda bottles cut down and sprayed black?

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hey Scrub!! Pulling up a chair for this one bro...:jump:
:bigeye:Got my eyes on that PK plus the TW crosses
I'd love some perpetual cheese/Tw grow so now that it is warming up I can start building again..
much respect and good wishes on this new thread
Take care

F

feral

kewl beans.
I use PL-L's myself and love them. Question though....never used the 10,000k spectrum. How well are these for vegging? appreciate the info.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Wooh! Thanks everyone. I'll try to address the key points.

Madlib: I think you mean the mom containers? They are cut down 1 litre milk containers (close, xmobotx!) Roughly 2.75" x 2.75" and 5.5" tall.

And yeah, I did have a cleanup! Haha. Everything is in the back room now.

Hydro-Soil: Thanks a lot man. I still haven't smoked any of TWxPD #4 and #5 but best believe I'll post a smoke report up soon. I ended up with 37.5gm from that run. Keen to do them in coco now. :)

BC: Cheers dude, I've been thinking about perpetual too. The PK is shaping up great. Very vigorous so far.

Feral: I've never used solely 10,000k, it's always been mixed with other kelvins. But I like it and that's sorta why I'm trying just the 10,000k for now, to see what effects it has on it's own.

All the plants were vegged so far under 6500/10,000k t-8 so I think it does well as a spectrum, imo. This old pic was the PK before I took clones:

DSCF4178.JPG

To everyone else, thanks a lot for reading, and I'm not ignoring ya, just stoned, lol. Peeeaaaaace :thank you:

M

medi-useA-Redux

Looking great ScrubNinja!...I love the grouping of ya new shoots after tipping...though it looks closer to branch removal. lol:)

How much foliage did you remove from them?...

The airholes up the sides of the pots....do they really help th@ much?

muA

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Big ups, Para and Medi. I try to leave it all on if I can. I just cut enough branch to get the cut and leave everything else. The PK has the biggest leaves I've ever seen with huge long stalks.

Anytime I pinch/tip, I try to FIM it but it rarely works for me. Anyone else have problems fimming? I have probably <10% success rate!

The airholes are awesome dude!!!! If you've ever felt like your medium was too wet or damp (Like I found coco to be under weak lights) or any kind of root rot or pythium, or your soil smells a bit funky at the end of grow inspection, or you want more of a hydro effect, or you suffer from over watering.....you name it, it helps a lot.

Then you have the fact that the roots are air pruning. I guess it's debatable if that is actually going to up any yields, but it seems to me like a no brainer. I think of it like the top - I'm tipping that like crazy so I can have a thick mass of shoots in a small area, and that's exactly what I want for the roots too. It's been said that an air pot will allow a smaller container for the size of the plant, and this is also true for coco imo, so I'm ahead of the game in 2 ways. :cool:

All my pots are (diy) air pots from now, even got an ornamental pot plant in one. I notice there's a fair few posts like mine saying they won't go back to regular pots. Check out Thundurkel's HPS thread - can you picture him going back to regular pots? I don't think so :)

Here's a picture of a jiffy by ICmagger EatShitake
25382DCP_0939.jpg

I start mine off in jiffies so they're air pruned from the word go. If you look, you'll see that only the bottom part has roots coming out, so that's why I only do the bottom half on most of my pots. Water will run out the holes if the holes are too high. No water runs out my holes in normal watering.

I have some 3 gallon (#3) Smart Pots which I hope to finish these guys off in. Might be a squeeze though!

Aww thanks Madlib :) It's pretty easy with a soldering iron (don't breathe it). The Leda Uno's I did in the vertical grow were in cut down 3 litre milk bottles. There is also a 2 litre bottle (which I have many of!) and is 3.5" square. They'll be great for a SOG.

Ciao! :tiphat:

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran

^Epic

Edit: Here is a coleus plant I have growing in the above pot with organic soil mix. And that chilli I rooted in a cup of water, growing in the cut down oblong 3 litre milk container:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts