What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ScrOG Hawaiian snow & AUH#2

fatass

Day 24

Day 24

Hi VG.

They still have a long way to go.
HS flowers for 11 weeks and AUH2 for 13 - according GHS site.
Growers report that it can take them 16 weeks to finish.

What does bending do to buds?
I read that the buds turn to be popcorn buds if you keep sticking them under the net
I don’t care if I get high for a sexy looking bud or an ugly dwarf….

Buds close-ups are always a good idea.
HS

The right hand picture is a close up of the stem buds you see in the other one

Here are some of the underworld flowers

AHU2

HorseMouth

I like that last set of pics. I think you really have the right idea about bending to fit your space. The Overhead shot really tells the story what a good job you've done. You'll get something off your 'Underworld Buds' for sure.

Peace

2-COOH

picture.php

NIIIIIICE! Great pics too. Canopy looks nice and level, and looks like you still have some net left to work with if you get a shooter :)
Im so freaking excited for you! ...grow on..

Avid Fan

thats the same guide that got me into scrog.(its the one with the pic of the tomato/tobbacco scrog,right?)
wont be starting mine till after my holiday.just preparing just now.

if mines is as good as your ,i'll be over the moon.

great work.

Avid Fan

fatass

AUH2 closeups

AUH2 closeups

In case you thought she was discriminated against the HS in the last set of pictures - here are some more picss of the beauty.

Se’s got much less “underworld” flowers comparing to the HS – at least for now.
Here’s one

fatass

I did some more networking today, more leaves had to go.

leaves.jpg
I’m a shame to admit it but… hm,…well… - I SMOKED some of these leaves....I even microwaved them – couldn’t wait to let the dry :smokeit:

The local police managed to cut off supply of decent smoke ,I haven’t smoked a real bud for weeks.

Anyway if you want to get a smoke report about fresh leaves of young plants – keep on reading – I’ll totally understand it if you find it repulsive and want stop reading here.

Well,
As strange as it sounds, I actually got high.
I got my mouth test of chlorophyll and my lungs burning – but also got some kind of a nice high, not a couch locker but relaxed and optimistic.
I guess that if I had smoked these leaves few weeks ago – right after I took the last hit from the super lemon haze bud I had (cost me a fortune) – I wouldn’t get high at all.

My imagination is working overtime to try and imagine how it will be to smoke buds instead of fresh, nut burned leaves.

But don’t cry for me.
Next week I’ll be in countryside harvesting three Lowryder#2…
Actually they started as four LR2s, but one just didn’t auto-flower…
She’s now transplanted to a bigger pot vegging and enjoying the sun.
LR2 is a cross between Lowryder and Santa Maria (indica/sativa mix originally from Brazil) so I assume that these seed were not genetically stable. So, that one lost the auto-flowering...
These were feminized seeds so I hope that this creepy LR2 will not turn to be a hermie

There are two more ladies I’m gonna visit
“The Church” that is vegging at the outdoors for 2 months
now and an AH1 that up to recently was still a seedling.

Pictures to come

Avid Fan

great pics,looking good.
i'm defo growing sativa,sick to death of couchlock.need something more stimulating.
is there more chance of getting a hermie from feminised seeds?

good luck with the harvest

fatass

is there more chance of getting a hermie from feminised seeds?

Feminized seeds are made from hermies.
GHS promise that their feminized seeds are hermie free.
They are great breeders and I truly trust them.
But in the case of this creepy LR2 which has proved not to be genetically stable - you can never know

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Wow lookin great in here,I have a HS gal outdoor and she's probably 3ft tall and the leaves look just like yours,I can't wait to see yours ripe!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah looking good still, you asked about wheat happens when you bend a bud over - not much really but i find the best thing to do with scrog is to stop training just as the plant starts to bud up and stop stretching , then the buds grow up from the net as nicely formed colas. when you keep bending them after the buds form they still grow but less attractive and sometimes you might be slightly more likely to get a few male flowers etc - but i wouldnt worry about it.

you seem to be doing a great job for a first grow

VG

fatass

Wow lookin great in here,I have a HS gal outdoor and she's probably 3ft tall and the leaves look just like yours,I can't wait to see yours ripe!!

Hi green & thanks :wave:

I just visited your links and your current project looks very cool.
I hope some day to do largers scale grow too

fatass

yeah looking good still, you asked about wheat happens when you bend a bud over - not much really but i find the best thing to do with scrog is to stop training just as the plant starts to bud up and stop stretching , then the buds grow up from the net as nicely formed colas. when you keep bending them after the buds form they still grow but less attractive and sometimes you might be slightly more likely to get a few male flowers etc - but i wouldnt worry about it.

you seem to be doing a great job for a first grow

VG

Thaks VG
I'm not sure that thes sativa's ever going to stop stretching.
Looking at the videos at GHS site it looks like there are going to keep on stretching till week 8.
Anyway now I try to have the net over empty spaces in the stem rather then actually pushing the buds down.

fatass

Day 28

Day 28

Looks like the tough stretching is behind us - but you can never know.

I had a change of approach with the way I work with the net – instead of leading the stretching stems forward into new zones of the net, I used the stems length to lift the lower buds towards the surface.

Now I got around 85% of the net full with at least one bud but per net-hole :dance013:

Here is a top view of the HS -(I have bad access to the AUH2 to get good enough shots)

Just some more buds shots

I guess that I would get these buds on the net surface in the first place if I hadn’t used so much space between the net and the medium (12 inch - 30 cm)
However I’m not sure if this mistake will not turn to be a smart move - having relatively large space keeps the under-screen ventilated and gives me good under-net working space.

fatass

Shit,
I think I had a problem with my timer.
I had in mind to check if the lights really turn off for several days now (as part as my paranoiac check list). Anyway I got to the tent this morning about 20 minutes after the light should have turned off – AND THEY WERE STILL ON AHHHHH

Instead of checking what had happened I started to mess around with the timer and twisting it – so I’m not sure what really happened.
Now it seems that it is working OK again – I’m going to replace this timer and have some controls to verify it will not happen again – but I’m not sure what damage if any it caused…

What should I look for???

fatass

At least I had some comfort in harvesting 3 small LR2 yesterday
240 grams of wet buds will probably turn so around 60 grams of dry ones.
Not bad for lowryders – they smell real nice too
IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

fatass

Day 35

Day 35

This week the girls spent on recovery – this is the first week getting back to 12\12 after the timer breakdown.

After a week of standstill and having the nice smell gone… - today the smell started to get back.

The gals got some red hairs and many leaves coming out - Probably singes of the damage – looks like harvest got another delay :watchplant: