What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ScrOG Hawaiian snow & AUH#2

fatass

looks promising fatass :) the ah2 looks like a nice plant.

scrog with more than one strain, or even more than 1 pheno of a strain, can be tricky because of the differences in stretch, thats why i use a modular system with a separate screen attached to each pot.

thats all part of the fun though and learning though :D

VG

That’s a good point VG,
I hope I’ll manage to keep them at the same level although it looks like the AHU2 is growing much faster then the HS.
I was inspired by Freezer-Boy’s grow that forced all the upper-screen grow keep at the same level by bending and tying them even after the crossed the canopy.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2089706&postcount=270
I hope I’ll manage to do the same

fatass

Day 14

Day 14

Both ladies crossed the canopy.
The AHU2 was already bent once – it is growing faster then the HS.
I’m debating with myself when I should let them cross it and start tying them from above the screen

Here is the AUH2 before I bent it (again)

And the HS before it's first bending

Some more of both

The HS after bending

AHU2 after bending

fatass

Day 18 and God loves me

Day 18 and God loves me

The ladies started to kick-off

They are both gorgeous – I actually get high just watching them
I know it must be a newbie surprise – but I’m looking now at my first post – I wouldn’t imagine that they will get that big just in 18 days.

The HS is a super classic NOBLESSE OBLIGE girl.
She has beautiful flowers and gentle stylish leafs.

Here is what used to be the main cola:

Two little flowers staring at each other

Under the hood

The AUH2 is a busty chick that like to show-off her juicy flowers.

Here is a downtown bud that won't get to maturity :canabis:

As you can see like a true newbie I couldn’t resist my self and overfed them – see the burning tips.
I’m going to cut off the amounts of the biobizz feeding schedule in half and just wait then to ask for food

I really hope I got the PH right – I irrigate with 5.7 PH and get runoff water of 6.3.

Experts - comments please

fatass

I'm feeling kinda lonely here :puppydoge - though I see there are quite a few visitors viewing this thread.
Come-on guys and ladies - say Hi, good-luck, nice buds, your grow sucks - anything

2-COOH

your grow sucks, nahh im just kidding ITS GREAT!
Im very impressed this is your first grow. Nice screen work. So you overfed a little big woop. Go easy on the nutes, These sativa doms shouldnt be heavy feeders.
Again, nice job keep it up. A TOTAL nube thing would be not to complete the grow/show, so keep it coming.
Also, I think it might have been mentioned subtly that you should prune more? Looks like that would help, especially under the net.
Here is a great link on aggressive pruning if you didnt see it yet: "defoliating" for yield: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163
Good circulation and pruning will help to avoid mold prone places like basement with high Rh. Keep soil on the dry side as well.

fatass

Thanks for the encouragement 2-COOH – I needed that.
And thanks for the tip – I did get rid of some bug fan leaves but I wasn’t sure about removing more of them – I will sure do now

fatass

Day 19

Day 19

Today I removed many fan leaves that blocked the light for the lower buds, I would be happy to cut off some more but I’d like see how the ladies react for having some of their sugar factories cut-off.

The CFL was reposition to help up the lower buds

Say Hi to HS lady

AUH2

2-COOH

picture.php

im particularly interested in your auh. Im a haze lover and am growing mango hz next run.
Any particular reason you choose the auh2? Hows the grow rate compared to the hs?
btw, I personally would not sweat the ph at all, unless you want to thats cool, but I dont think it will matter that much in soil. Even soiless like coco has a bit of a buffer. On your first grow its good to keep it simple and relax.
Do you have a plan with how much you let the plants stretch above the screen.. in other words, when do you stop bending stalks under the net(inches)? Again, very impressive screen work for a "nube" :)

2-COOH

hows the AUH2 smelling if at all? I LOVE that classic haze smell...
so I guess the better question is how much headroom, space between net and your lamp, and then a rough calculation of when you think they will stop stretching I guess will let you know when to tie above?

HorseMouth

Great thread, lots of well worded info to accurately describe what you are doing. I can only imagine your interest and success will continue to grow.

Subscribed.

Buen Suerte

fatass

im particularly interested in your auh. Im a haze lover and am growing mango hz next run.
Any particular reason you choose the auh2?
No particular reason – (I’m a newbie remember) I was just looking for a Sativa and it looks like GH produce robust strains that can handle all this stress.
I went through several smoke reviews that described a very STRONG high and some other grow reviews that claimed the AUH2 is easier to grow then the rest of the A(U)Hs
Hows the grow rate compared to the hs?
Compared to the HS the ahu2 is a monster.
So far it took about twice the net space the HS did and it has more then twice the foliage.
While the HS flowers are gentle & fragile, the auh2 flowers are thick and just keep on spitting out leaves around them.

hows the AUH2 smelling if at all? I LOVE that classic haze smell...
Unfortunately I don’t know how the original haze smells like.
But unlike the HS that currently does not smell as all the auh2 has a great kinda earthy but sweet smell, it is not so strong right now but I guess it is going to get stronger in the next few weeks.
Anyway after net-working with it I often find myself with my fingers stuck in my nose – just to get another sniff of it

btw, I personally would not sweat the ph at all, unless you want to thats cool, but I dont think it will matter that much in soil. Even soiless like coco has a bit of a buffer. On your first grow its good to keep it simple and relax.

Well, actually I don’t want to sweat the PH at all – I’m just worried because of the PH in the runoff water.
If I irrigate with 6.0 my runoff gets as high as 7
So I keep it at around 5.8 to get ~6.5 in the runoff.
Does it make sense??? :shucks:

Do you have a plan with how much you let the plants stretch above the screen.. in other words, when do you stop bending stalks under the net(inches)?
so I guess the better question is how much headroom, space between net and your lamp, and then a rough calculation of when you think they will stop stretching I guess will let you know when to tie above?

Boy, you know how to ask the right questions :good:
I’m just asking myself the same question.
I’ve got very little space – according to my calculations if I’ll get the light to its topmost position and reduce around 6 inches of space between the flowers and the lamp - then I have 15 inch max of vertical growth space.
I was thinking of keep on bending them till I’ll run out of net space (which I assume will happen in a week or two).
Then I’ll still have at least 8 weeks of flowering in which I’ll start LST – tying them to their own stems.

Here is a excellent post by Freezer-Boy that illustrate what I’m talking about.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1868977&postcount=4

I’ll be glad to get your opinion

fatass

Day 23

Day 23

The worse thing about being a newbie is that I do not know what is going to happen next. :confused:

For instance – here is a pic of the HS (which is doing well) – as you can see I got some free net space in the middle which I guess is good since it expose the lower buds to light.
But, what'a going to happen next???
Will the buds will start growing towards the net and hit the surface or will they just stay in place.:watchplant:
hs.jpg

This photo fails to do justice to with the density of the net – I guess it is because I got these taken after I did some bending again – anyway till tomorrow they will get straighten up again.
Truth is I lost confidence that all this bending is good – but unless some of you experts will tell me I’m killing my plants I guess that I will keep on with my original plan and keep on bending them till the net is full
overview.jpg

Surface level view
screensurface.jpg screensurface2.jpg

2-COOH

Unfortunately I don’t know how the original haze smells like.
..find myself with my fingers stuck in my nose – just to get another sniff of it ...

Well, actually I don’t want to sweat the PH at all – I’m just worried because of the PH in the runoff water.
If I irrigate with 6.0 my runoff gets as high as 7
So I keep it at around 5.8 to get ~6.5 in the runoff.
Does it make sense??? :shucks:

Oh my friend. You are if for a treat. I dont know what it is but it is a special variety, no hype, but just like people say. I smoked NY area haze for years, and what I can tell you is the SMELL and TASTE is absolutely unique, almost non-weed like.
My experience with it is mostly a frankincense or cederwood incense smell and taste. Nothing like the high, but everyone experiences that diff. Of course all the hybrid haze will vary in taste, but you choose a winning line nonetheless.
As far as the gro tips im no pro, but have quite a few grwos and reads under the belt to maybe help a little. Like I said, I dont mess with the PH. Your Runoff as far as I know is an erroneous reading that shouldn't be relied on. I have adjusted ph past and it caused problems, so I stay away. Each adjustment in the PH scale is an exponential change, so one can really throw things off fast. Most ferts are PH adjusted anyway.

Last edited:

2-COOH

height control=squeeze pop

height control=squeeze pop

I checked out GH ahu2 video again and it looks like it is keeps on stretching till week 8.
Not s to worry about height control.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCLe...8AD573B4&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=30

With little to no effort height can be tamed by pinching(not topping). You must check this thread and see how SumDumGuy (screen name makes me hungry) makes a haze BUSH not TREE! :) https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=107775

2-COOH

**NETXPERTS WANTED**

**NETXPERTS WANTED**

The worse thing about being a newbie is that I do not know what is going to happen next. :confused:
attachment.php
its possible whats next is one morning you open the door and your girls have grown large heads and lips and scream "FEEEEEED MEEE fatass!!"
Yikes, stranger things happen.
Anyway, great going, i think your instincts are correct fatassSan. Keep fillen the net. I wish I could offer more, but a net is something I want to work with in the future :)

fatass

Thanks for the mental support 2CO that's all what a newbie needs :thank you:

Anyway my instincts tell me to leave the girls alone for a few days and see what happens

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks nice, 3 weeks or more in, they look like they are budding up. a closer pic of a bud would help, but you might want to let them start growing up through the screen soon. i always try and leave them alone once they have topped out. whats the flowering period listed as?

Latest posts

Latest posts