What's new

SCROG advice needed please.

S

speedemon

Should have been more clear about cola length, lol... I was wondering the actual length of the colas as apposed to the time the been blooming :D

lol mate, they are between 8-9 inches long with the greedy barstewars being 10-11 but have tied them down and pinched stems etc :) to keep uniform height, also managed to raise light by 3 valuable inches yesterday, by heavy duty cable tying reflector to screw in eyes, and removing ratchet rope things which take up 3" in plastic roller. Just in case they might try and stretch again and get light burnt lol.

Scrogerman

Veteran
I would of guessed around 8" tbh. Your managing height tactics are bang-on, a little stem pinch/crush is the way to do it. I always give a good rubbing 360 at the crush point, makes the stem(crush point) more plyable n stops the stem splitting(depends on the strain ime). Laterals/branches are always fighting for apical dominance. spot on fella! ;)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
8"-9" colas.... Great! And looks like looooads of em mate :)

I been training the nelly and exo by couple of times daily as when I first bend and pinch stems they're back up within a couple hours.... just doing it to keep me a lil involved grow-wise while I wait for them to get big enough to pillage for clones :D but I can see that both of them would be well suited to a SCROG or bit of LST.

It's quite amazing how secondary shoots make main shoots in just a matter of days.

Gonna run 2 of the best seed strains I have done in the past few years to find more moms- Jacky white and OG18... I'll be using a lil LST on em after mesdsing with the clones

C

cheesey

looking great speedmon , have you got a fan under the canopy ? allways make sure you have loads of air moving around down below .
next year we are closeing down the hiddenroom and making a new bigger hiddenroom in a 2 car garage im going to design it so we can do a 8 plant scrog , i havnt done a scrog in a very long time realy looking forward to it . (part from the trimming at crop time lol )

S

speedemon

looking great speedmon , have you got a fan under the canopy ? allways make sure you have loads of air moving around down below .
next year we are closeing down the hiddenroom and making a new bigger hiddenroom in a 2 car garage im going to design it so we can do a 8 plant scrog , i havnt done a scrog in a very long time realy looking forward to it . (part from the trimming at crop time lol )
Hey Cheesey my friend, thanks for stopping by :)
Yeah I have a 12 oscillating fan that hangs half way down between the canopy and pots, which I have managed to fix at a point at the back which causes the fan to swivel left and right when the plastic oscillating thing at the front moves around which is spot on :)

I wish I had more space to do different things an 8 plant scrog will be amazing mate. I know what your saying about trimming at crop time lol, but I do not need to worry as have a trimpro machine that makes light work of trimming :)

Thanks for all the kind words all :tiphat::ying:

E

edgey

looking very nice m8 , thats gonna be a very nice yeild by crop time . great work !

edgey

gonzo`

this is an awesome thread, great grow mate! I'm going to buy one of those data loggers, I've always wanted to to have an intraday report as opposed to a min/max!!

C

cheesey

Hey Cheesey my friend, thanks for stopping by :)
Yeah I have a 12 oscillating fan that hangs half way down between the canopy and pots, which I have managed to fix at a point at the back which causes the fan to swivel left and right when the plastic oscillating thing at the front moves around which is spot on :)

I wish I had more space to do different things an 8 plant scrog will be amazing mate. I know what your saying about trimming at crop time lol, but I do not need to worry as have a trimpro machine that makes light work of trimming :)

Thanks for all the kind words all :tiphat::ying:

COOL going to be intresting seeing what you yeild .

S

speedemon

looking very nice m8 , thats gonna be a very nice yeild by crop time . great work !

edgey

Hello edgey, hope your well :tiphat:
Thanks for stopping by, I agree I think this is going to be a great yield and a lot of work at chop time but all worth it come "smokin time" :dance013:

this is an awesome thread, great grow mate! I'm going to buy one of those data loggers, I've always wanted to to have an intraday report as opposed to a min/max!!

Hey Gonzo,
Thanks for the compliment my friend :) Yeah these data loggers are spot on for what we need, and easy to use even better for stoners lol

COOL going to be intresting seeing what you yeild .

I will be very interested as well seen as only using a 600 watt bulb in comparison to if I did this SCROG under my 2 x 1000 watters, which I am bloody tempted to try one day deffo, but as I use autopots then I need to devise a new SCROG set up so I do not need to move the system to train :) I already have an idea of what I need to do I just need to get it down on paper, and look at all the negatives and positives of the idea, change it, then buy the materials and build it :)

M

Marathanman

Looking good mate you've managed to get it a lot more uniform than mine I agree scrog is the way forward will be sticking with it.

S

speedemon

Looking good mate you've managed to get it a lot more uniform than mine I agree scrog is the way forward will be sticking with it.

Hey mate,
Thanks for the compliment :) :tiphat:

Tried increasing the Intake to 30% and extraction to 70% on sms controller as well as oscillating fan on 24/7 to combat high humidity at night, and the results are in :( I will now increase extraction to 90% and reduce intake to 0 as causes higher humidity at night as per graph. I wish I could intake from inside the house but cannot, but this is great in the hot summer months.
I reckon I can get it down to 50%rh which is fine for me I would like 40% but with the autopots might not be possible. :ying::tiphat:

Attachments

• datalogger 4.jpg
    datalogger 4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 11

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
hi mate i get 35-40% with 100% extraction but i feed from the house to loft all fans on 24/7 thats with runoff in the black trays

when you say night do you mean lights off or night time m8 what time do your lights come on i flower 9pm-9am im getting around a 5 degree drop in temps during lights out humidity from time to time peaks at 50 max for me

studied the graph now didnt think a drop in temp creates humidity thought heat and water evaporation causes humidity hmm what stuff turns off at 10 pm pal apart from lights

S

speedemon

hi mate i get 35-40% with 100% extraction but i feed from the house to loft all fans on 24/7 thats with runoff in the black trays

when you say night do you mean lights off or night time m8 what time do your lights come on i flower 9pm-9am im getting around a 5 degree drop in temps during lights out humidity from time to time peaks at 50 max for me

studied the graph now didnt think a drop in temp creates humidity thought heat and water evaporation causes humidity hmm what stuff turns off at 10 pm pal apart from lights

Hi Mate,
I mean night as in night, and also lights off at 10pm. So from 10pm lights off and night time to 10am lights on and morning, is when the humidity rises. I also know one of the problems and that is at 10 pm the 200mm airforce 2 fan go,s off and the 5" td silent fan stays on, and the problem with larger extraction is it extracts into our bedroom, even though its only light air noise you hear as go's through a silencer, its still noise and me and the wife like complete silence to sleep and all the stuff I do keep on is silent. My only thought if I cannot nail it is to feed the 200mm directly outside so we do not hear it, but I like the warmth created in the bedroom, helps saves heating costs in winter :)

S

speedemon

Week 5 update

Week 5 update

So now only 6 weeks left to go as will be cropped on November 5th.
I have included a pic of the graph from the SCROG room as you can see humidity is a lot better at lights out 10pm to 10am.
Cleared some of the larger fan leaves in the middle of the mesh that where stopping light on smaller buds, there are now more bud sites showing :) and they are taking shape nicely.

Attachments

• P9210006.JPG
    P9210006.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P9210005.JPG
    P9210005.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
  • P9210004.JPG
    P9210004.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 13
  • P9210003.JPG
    P9210003.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P9210002.JPG
    P9210002.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P9210001.JPG
    P9210001.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • datalogger scrog.jpg
    datalogger scrog.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
S

speedemon

Almost week 6 update.

Almost week 6 update.

Well things are going well and some of the buds are already needing support lol and there are 5 weeks to go :) :tiphat::ying:
Edited to add I wish I could do smelly vision, as the aroma that hits you when you open the door to 6 different strains in flower is amazing!!!

Attachments

• P9270021.JPG
    P9270021.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P9270022.JPG
    P9270022.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P9270023.JPG
    P9270023.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P9270024.JPG
    P9270024.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
  • P9270025.JPG
    P9270025.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
S

speedemon

lol on the trimpro throwing bits all over ya room/carpet/walls etc. you'll have to get yaself a mozzy net to do it in!

any new pics mate?

Hey Scrogerman mate, Here is what I just bought to stop the flying trim :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004QIWYNS/ref=oss_product
Lol a pop up mosquito net for me to set up trimpro and trim inside it, and has a floor so zero mess in the bedroom :) and it folds into a bag I can put in the trimpro box tidy when finished.

Latest posts

Latest posts