What's new

SCROG advice needed please.

e4ian

I have included some up skirt shots for those of you who appreciate them ;) The last pic is Lonestars Killer Queen which derserves a picture on her own due to being an outstanding plant. :tiphat::ying:

wow pal. all that bud and only a few pots. nc1

e.

S

speedemon

Ok I got my brain into gear to overcome a problem I had last time with leaning colas, and as these look like they are going to get big, and I am not spending another 4 hours tying the individual colas.
I have cabled tied lengths of 15mm plumb pipe to each corner strut and cabled tied barrier mesh to each corner, then fed the colas through the holes, cutting them to make them larger if needed, as thats the benefit of the barrier mesh :) Here's some pics as I think its worked well :) :tiphat::ying::ying: After this grow I will use the 15mm pipe clips screwed into the struts so I can adjust the height of the supporting screen easier, was also thinking maybe pea mesh so as not to block any light with thinner mesh :)

Attachments

• PB200018.JPG
    PB200018.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PB200019.JPG
    PB200019.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PB200020.JPG
    PB200020.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 13
  • PB200021.JPG
    PB200021.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PB200022.JPG
    PB200022.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 10
  • PB200023.JPG
    PB200023.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 10

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Nice idea mate with the piping and clips al be double netting this run too for the top heavy girls

Its a jungle in there mate

Peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
Nice man, that is something I am having to do this week and dreading every minute of it.

Not using dr150 tents again, too deep to do any work without removing plants. Unless I go for an inspector gadget arm upgrade.

I was going to go with pea netting painstakingly pulled down over the colas. Not as a scrog but for support.

I love your scrog nets, wicked setup. Tight, litterally.

S

speedemon

Nice idea mate with the piping and clips al be double netting this run too for the top heavy girls

Its a jungle in there mate

Peace

Hey bro, Yeah I have seen your jungle mate its a top job, the piping is so versatile have seen it used in loads of hydro set ups :tiphat::ying:

Nice man, that is something I am having to do this week and dreading every minute of it.

Not using dr150 tents again, too deep to do any work without removing plants. Unless I go for an inspector gadget arm upgrade.

I was going to go with pea netting painstakingly pulled down over the colas. Not as a scrog but for support.

I love your scrog nets, wicked setup. Tight, litterally.

Hey Herbs mate, Hope your well, Thanks for the kind words :) I have used all the screens in the past like the hard plastic 50mm stuff and the budbox dipped metal screens, but saw this stuff used in a SCROG once and ended up buying a 50mtr roll of the stuff lol but its so versatile as you can change the hole sizes easily and it will last for ages, its deffo brill for SCROGS :) Tried pea netting before its a barsteward to work with and fix tight and straight. :tiphat::tiphat::ying:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Lol speeds i was saying yours is a jungle al get some shots of mine up next week the scnapps and agent o are gunna be hard to tame think ive let them get too big lol

peace

S

speedemon

Upgraded the SCROG room.

Upgraded the SCROG room.

Well after a lot of consideration I have replaced the 600 watt lumatec ballast with a 400,600,1000,1100 Adjusta watt from my friends at Progrow :)
This will give me the advantage of being able to increase the wattage throughout flowering :)
Here are some pics :tiphat::ying:

Attachments

• PB210003.JPG
    PB210003.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 15
  • PB210002.JPG
    PB210002.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PB210001.JPG
    PB210001.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 19
S

speedemon

Ha ha lol 1.1k scrog gunna be epic mate

peace

Dont know on that one yet mate as would really need to increase extraction and intake size before that, at the moment just using 1000 watts at week 4 onwards. :tiphat::ying: Will be using datalogger to tune in environment ;)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice one on the upgrade, thinking about a couple of those myself... What type of fan is that you have to the right of the ballast? Looks like it's designed to be quieter than normal RVK style fan.

Needing another 2 screens can only be a good thing, aye :D

S

speedemon

Nice one on the upgrade, thinking about a couple of those myself... What type of fan is that you have to the right of the ballast? Looks like it's designed to be quieter than normal RVK style fan.

Needing another 2 screens can only be a good thing, aye :D

Cheers Shhh my friend :) The fan on the right is a TD Silent mixed flow fan 150mm, they are very quiet mate and can be found on justfans or shop around as can be found cheaper.
The only problem is they can leak smelly air into the casing and extract it out of the room, so best if its kept either outside the room, or taped around the seals to be sure :tiphat::ying::ying:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
If i cant sound deaden my 8" rvk im getting one of those mate 20db is low for noise my friend just got a wooden box fan and its not that powerfull it moves air but not very well under pressure unlike an rvk

peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
I have no such leaking problems with any of my tds lines. I am sure I would have noticed by now. Lol

Perhaps those buckle things need tightening on yours?

S

speedemon

I have no such leaking problems with any of my tds lines. I am sure I would have noticed by now. Lol

Perhaps those buckle things need tightening on yours?

Your right mate as I have only noticed the problem in one of the six I own, but I adapted it anyway mate by removing the frame and taping duct to each side sealed 100% and still as quiet as ever as only 125mm one :) :tiphat::ying:

KillerJah

Nice grow Speedemon. Just want to ask you or anyone else if you could point me to a good SCROG walkthrough. I'm only growing one plant of NL on my first grow as a test run and want to make sure I have everything down packed. I get the part of building the screen. For me it's how exactly to tuck the plant back under the screen and when to let it above the screen. Am I just topping the plant until I get more apical bud sites and THEY'RE what I'm letting poke through the screen holes? I'm confused on that part. Seeing as how the apical bud sites are what will sprout the actual buds.

EDIT: Ok I just saw you post a walkthrough a few pages back so I won't ask for that. I do need details about the tucking part of it though. Then there's this...

Remember at least 2x2inch squares. You can use chicken wire as well or even some tightly strug rope but I would suggest wire. You need something strong to support the buds and hold back the canopy growth. The screen needs to be cut to size. The size of the screen is determined by the size of your lamp. Remember that to get the good bud formation you want from 50 watts per square foot so your screen size should not exceed that. Check the examples below.

150hps screen size 1.75ft x 1.75ft

250hps screen size 2.25ft x 2.25ft

400hps screen size 2.91ft x 2.75ft

600hps screen size 3.45ft x 3.45ft

1000hps screen size 4.4ft x 4.5ft

Ok...I'll be using a 200W 3W LED for one plant. These measurements are factoring in HPS not LED...does that change anything? Can't I just apply the range of my LED to the size of the screen? For instance...the LED I'm getting has a total coverage of 3x3.5 ft. Which is perfect for my closet where I'm working with a 3x8 space. So I'm thinking that's how big my screen should be right?

S

speedemon

Nice grow Speedemon. Just want to ask you or anyone else if you could point me to a good SCROG walkthrough. I'm only growing one plant of NL on my first grow as a test run and want to make sure I have everything down packed. I get the part of building the screen. For me it's how exactly to tuck the plant back under the screen and when to let it above the screen. Am I just topping the plant until I get more apical bud sites and THEY'RE what I'm letting poke through the screen holes? I'm confused on that part. Seeing as how the apical bud sites are what will sprout the actual buds.

EDIT: Ok I just saw you post a walkthrough a few pages back so I won't ask for that. I do need details about the tucking part of it though. Then there's this...

Ok...I'll be using a 200W 3W LED for one plant. These measurements are factoring in HPS not LED...does that change anything? Can't I just apply the range of my LED to the size of the screen? For instance...the LED I'm getting has a total coverage of 3x3.5 ft. Which is perfect for my closet where I'm working with a 3x8 space. So I'm thinking that's how big my screen should be right?

Welcome to IC KillerJah :) Thanks for the compliment :tiphat:
To tuck the plant under the sceen just reach under the canopyt and gently pull the offending stretcher down through the mesh, and place in another location, or sometimes I train above the mesh by weaving the branch down and up, this works very well :)

As for went to let go my rule of thumb is after 2nd week of flowering on the smaller cola's and the larger ones then just keep training until stretch stops, an easy method is to pull the cola down from underneath and tie it down.

As for the LED lighting I do not know much about it so you will just have to position where you see best results :)
Your mesh size sounds right at the same size as your closet 3' x 3.5' which is also the spread of the LED :) Are you using Mylar on the walls?

I am sure you will master it soon enough, good luck ;)

S

speedemon

A few pics today

A few pics today

Thought I would share a few pics of the SCROG today and also my Psycho d which has a lovely structure to it, and so healthy :) :tiphat::ying:

Attachments

• PB230001.JPG
    PB230001.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 14
  • PB230002.JPG
    PB230002.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
  • PB230003.JPG
    PB230003.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 12
  • PB230004.JPG
    PB230004.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PB230005.JPG
    PB230005.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PB230006.JPG
    PB230006.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PB230007.JPG
    PB230007.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 13

KillerJah

Welcome to IC KillerJah :) Thanks for the compliment :tiphat:
To tuck the plant under the sceen just reach under the canopyt and gently pull the offending stretcher down through the mesh, and place in another location, or sometimes I train above the mesh by weaving the branch down and up, this works very well :)

As for went to let go my rule of thumb is after 2nd week of flowering on the smaller cola's and the larger ones then just keep training until stretch stops, an easy method is to pull the cola down from underneath and tie it down.

As for the LED lighting I do not know much about it so you will just have to position where you see best results :)
Your mesh size sounds right at the same size as your closet 3' x 3.5' which is also the spread of the LED :) Are you using Mylar on the walls?

I am sure you will master it soon enough, good luck ;)

Yea I'll be using Mylar to maximize results. But since I'm in an apartment, I was thinking about putting the mylar on cardboard and nails to nail the cardboard onto the wall. Just so I won't be leaving any trace of what I was using you know. Stealth is the key word here lol.