What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scratching My Way To Harvest....Hopefully.

Miraculous Meds

trich's can form early just not in abundance, Maybe research the smaller trichomes vs looking for posts about trich's in veg. I understand the need to identify them, but u used the miticide twice and if u use an ovicide to guarantee the eggs die too, then ur covered.

But did u say that u used avid and they came back after that. If so Id be wondering if the avid is active.

If u noticed death though, then id be thinking that ur just over reacting to getting beat up by these little guys. then as I suggested before, the safety measure is an ovicide, or heat treatment, which I cant speak to, but I would be concerned about using because of the chems uve used.

gl

Former Guest

so I went to have someone look at them and one person said eggs and the other person said trichomes.

so I bought a 100x scope and sat down for about 30 mins and I couldn't find anything really but it was harder to use the 100x than the 60x. I swear I would have the leaf pinned down but under the scope, even the slightest movement, would cause a great shift in what I was seeing. I did not find any of the round heads/eggs like I was seeing with the other scope. I will just keep going out there checking on them until I find something or I'm fully convinced they're gone.

I also gave the plants some aspirin in their water. 325 mg per gallon. I haven't sprayed or done anything to them since a few days ago.

on a side note, I miss my newb spirit I once had. you old farts might remember, you know when you got your first plants and you would go in your room a hundred times a day to check on them and now you only go in there to see if they're still alive...I miss that excitement and joy.

Miraculous Meds

so I went to have someone look at them and one person said eggs and the other person said trichomes.

so I bought a 100x scope and sat down for about 30 mins and I couldn't find anything really but it was harder to use the 100x than the 60x. I swear I would have the leaf pinned down but under the scope, even the slightest movement, would cause a great shift in what I was seeing. I did not find any of the round heads/eggs like I was seeing with the other scope. I will just keep going out there checking on them until I find something or I'm fully convinced they're gone.

I also gave the plants some aspirin in their water. 325 mg per gallon. I haven't sprayed or done anything to them since a few days ago.

on a side note, I miss my newb spirit I once had. you old farts might remember, you know when you got your first plants and you would go in your room a hundred times a day to check on them and now you only go in there to see if they're still alive...I miss that excitement and joy.

Ur good to go on this one!

u need to find that even keel that comes with time. That way ur going in ur room not with googly eyes or with stress and frustration, but observing whats going on and knowing ur making the right adjustments based on those logical observations.

There is satisfaction to be had knowing ur tackling the issue. Keep an observant eye, but u handled this situation very well. Feel confident in ur analysis and treatment and move forward as normal, with that observant eye.

good job, get those girls going!

vapor

Veteran
fart fart..
When i transplant newly germinated seedlings i feel like i did on Christmas morning as a kid. Most of the time i will go into my room not feeling good or worrying about this or that and not long after i am in my rooms the shift happens, plant mode zen mode. Relaxed/high/grounded. Plants wisdom is absorbed, geometric language is obvious. Over time connection's grow. Your hearts magnetic field is 5000 times stronger then your brain's magnetic field. A conversation begins to form between you and the planties first in the brain, then over time through your heart

Former Guest

fart fart..
When i transplant newly germinated seedlings i feel like i did on Christmas morning as a kid. Most of the time i will go into my room not feeling good or worrying about this or that and not long after i am in my rooms the shift happens, plant mode zen mode. Relaxed/high/grounded. Plants wisdom is absorbed, geometric language is obvious. Over time connection's grow. Your hearts magnetic field is 5000 times stronger then your brain's magnetic field. A conversation begins to form between you and the planties first in the brain, then over time through your heart

I used to feel this way. so therapeutic but now it's just stress. I feel like growing has ruined my life I guess. I'm fighting more because I'm stressed out. my confidence is in the toilet whereas it used to be a bit too high. I'm not used to failing so much. I quit smoking for almost a year once and saved a crap load of money so stress was less.

maybe i'll feel better in the morning.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are like children (says the man who runs from a whisper of commitment bwahaha), the more you love them and try to provide the best in life, the more they spurn you and do whatever the fuck they want :D

Checking to see if they're not dead... no idea what you're talking about... hehe. It happens to everyone, you're just in the shits and doldrums now. It doesn't last forever.

Former Guest

I go to a medical market every sunday and talk to old hippy growers with gray hair and beards and shiny smiles. Each sunday there is a 4:20 raffle and they give out tickets and I cross my fingers like everyone else but today, oh today, the owner of he place gives me the bucket to draw the stub out of and whadya know!! I drew my stub!

I won an oil rig, nail, roach clip, coffee cozy, knitted beanie, hash cake pop, giant cookie, 3 grams of Alaskan Thunderfuck, gram of shatter Agent Orange x Super Lemon Haze (it actually tastes like oranges?!?!), a steam roller, those pot leaf socks you see everywhere, white widow cannabis pills, stickers and a CLONE. critical super silver haze from delicious seeds promised to be organic and pest free. we'll see. she is sitting on the kitchen sink and I'm took cheap to throw her away. I dunked her three times in Nuke Em letting her dry in between. she looks super clean as far as I can tell from the naked eye.
picture.php

picture.php

I took a pic of all my stuff but then I realized that I would have to edit out a lot of companies names because it says where I live. it was quite the haul though.

Everyone knows how much grief I've been dealt and so when I won, everyone got all happy and excited for me .

Former Guest

oh and the guy I usually get my stuff from there gave me a killer deal at $5 a gram because I always buy a half oz each sunday but the past two I haven't gotten that much and only an 1/8g. he knows I've been carefully spending my cash so it lasts but this was super sweet. normally it's $100 half oz. really is a patients market.

Former Guest

i keep looking at the clone though and thinking its been the cause of all this grief, and then the demon on my shoulder says, "don't take it out on her!" :sasmokin:

:laughing:

i could give it to my aunt.

Miraculous Meds

To me taking in clones is not going to stop.

I just got to get smarter about timing, quarantying, and pre treating.

I hate to do it but pre treat once with bug killers, and hopefully never again on the rest of ur grows.

Just do it to any new clones.

Former Guest

she's almost dry and I'm going to clean the scope with rubbing alcohol and go to town looking for pests on her, rubbing alcohol again, then I'm going to go check out my girls....in my cute new socks! high on hash cake....and orange dabs.

Miraculous Meds

Congrats on the win though, that was a nice little prize package they give out.

Did u feel funny though drawing ur own name. lol

that's awesome, but im sure people were looking at u draw it and were like.... yeah right!

I predict sock pics soon to come. lol

Former Guest

i felt really bad drawing my own name and excited at the same time. everyone said it was a sign that the universe is going to align for me. not too sure i buy that jive but i hope they're right none the less.

the stubs are put in a bucket separate from the tickets they hand out so i don't get to even touch my stub. there was no way to know and it was actually quite a crowded day with about 50 people. they hand them out 5 minutes before 4:20pm.

Miraculous Meds

i felt really bad drawing my own name and excited at the same time. everyone said it was a sign that the universe is going to align for me. not too sure i buy that jive but i hope they're right none the less.

the stubs are put in a bucket separate from the tickets they hand out so i don't get to even touch my stub. there was no way to know and it was actually quite a crowded day with about 50 people. they hand them out 5 minutes before 4:20pm.

It was a sign the universe gave u that prize pack that's it. The rest is up to u.

The way u handled ur bug problem and the research and work u put into tell me that u don't need any luck. U already understand how this universe works.

oh yeah, and im sure u felt real bad about winning all that cool stuff. wink.

Former Guest

i looked her all over with the scope and there are no bite marks, eggs, critters in her new growth or otherwise up in her junk. she's a virgin treat. I did some research on her last night as it's a great beginner strain, tastes like incense which i love and find rare, and would do well in a SOG from the pics I've seen. she's very alluring.....ugh.

I thought about giving her to my aunt but after it being here, i don't want to risk her garden as it could have bugs just being here only a day although i think it's unlikely. still none the less, i don't want to.

I thought about putting her in a box with some cfls in a room that isn't occupied that much. she can veg out for a month, 3 weeks, maybe forever as she can just be a mum. i :dunno: i like to play it by ear as it's hard to decide and i change my mind frequently.

and i could throw her in the trash, seems harsh though as i am pretty confident she's ok and it sounds like the perfect genetics i would like to run. the sativas I've got are landrace seeds or the Durban Bubble which btw is not loving life mites or no mites, it's a slow growing fussy bitch and I'm pretty sure i can just axe her and replace with this one.

Miraculous Meds

I think the best course of action is to treat it like it has bugs, and give it the appropriate bug killers so u don't have to go back to square 1 in ur whole garden.

This is exactly what u said u wouldn't do. Don't get mixed up, give it miticide and whatever u deem necessary so u don't get any surprises later.

U are really snake bitten, or in this case bug bitten. U didn't lose nearly the time and potential crops that I did, when I first went through this bug problem.

Uve taken the appropriate steps, now its time to be diligent in keeping an eye on them but moving forward like u have solved the prob.

Except for the new clone of course, it should be treated like it has broads/ cyclamens imo, to be safe so u don't have to worry about that again.

There are bugs everywhere everyday, ur doing the right things to be careful. So keep practicing cleanliness and use ur ipm, and move on, to rock out that killer ganja ur going to grow!!