What's new

Scratching My Way To Harvest....Hopefully.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I was so worried about work today. The cash register is really simple but giving advice is awkward. I taught a lady about root pruning her houseplant that has overgrown it's container. Maybe I'm just paranoid. The sex of plants question is what did it. Why that on the first day?!

People ask me about plants all the time at work. I have to be very general 'cause, like them, I also don't know what kind of plant is in their New Jersey dooryard.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
People ask me about plants all the time at work. I have to be very general 'cause, like them, I also don't know what kind of plant is in their New Jersey dooryard.

the hydroponics place an hour or two away from here answers ALL questions as if you had asked about tomatoes. it is true, I have discovered, that tomatoes have some things in common with "other" plants that one might grow for their own use...:biggrin:

Former Guest

our hydro place will only talk about pot if you show an I502 license and medical patients have to call it "the plants we grow" ;) no need to mention tomatoes. although, lol, I did bring them a tomato I grew indoors. it was HUGE. his name was Hercules :D my mom picked him when he started to turn black like he was supposed to. she thought it was rotting! :frown:

maybe I shouldn't mention much. all the guys outdoors planting trees and tagging for sale look like they get stoned. they keep the hippies out back. :/

the person was a housewife looking for a pretty plant. the one she picked up said female whatever plant lol and the tag said she needed a male plant and was confused.

vapor

Veteran
Hardly ever go to hydro store i am at local nursery a couple times a week! Have fun i love my local nursery and the folks who work there. In my opinion when we go to school we should have food class, growing it, and cooking/storing/sharing food etc etc, no more trucking food that can be grown locally . Our local nurseries should be a learning hub for the community{compost man! hero of the planties!}! Your cannabis base will give you a leg up on the other planties folks, no doubt, have fun! congolese puff puff pass

Former Guest

why thank you Vapor! don't mind if I do... :smoker:

I think I surprised him because he took me throughout the nursery and asked me names of exotic plants, not basic plants people actually bring up to the register. I couldn't name one and have never seen them anywhere. so when I was talking about pollination and flowers have their own sex...I was trying to talk about veggies like cucumbers or watermelons that have both flowers and the bees go from the girl flower to the guy stamen and the pollination occurs. shoulda just said, "here, put this next to it and it will grow berries" you have to buy two plants :biglaugh: I hope he gives me a raise. haha

Former Guest

Connie Chung chop chop
picture.php

Durban bubble needs 2-3 more wks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Former Guest

They both are doing great but I don't like how the hairs in her turned burnt orange. I'm going to scope her soon. What do you guys think? Done?

Former Guest

They started that burnt color and quickly turned that way. When I was pollinating strawberries, the pistils would darken within a few hours. Shouldn't it be a lighter orange to start with.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Speed of the color change tells more than depth of the change (your strawberries). Since I haven't grown it, I couldn't tell you.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
That Connie looks great lil lady :tiphat: yea jobs around plants are weird lol I use to work at Home Depot so I know lol looking good round here

Former Guest

Thanks! I'm just gonna harvest her. I keep meaning to scope her but I am just exhausted after work. All I did was price tag those clear circle catch trays for 8 hours. Shoot me in the head. Lol

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Connie looks great lil lady :tiphat: yea jobs around plants are weird lol I use to work at Home Depot so I know lol looking good round here

So you're the guy that bred powdery mildew and watered the foliage of the plant?

:laughing:

Just raggin' your chain :D Their nursery section does scare the shit out of me though, I give it a wide berth.

Former Guest

I just sold Malathion to a customer who wanted organic for his apples! Boss said that is what he needs and she won't take people over to the organic section! The organic stuff is SOOO outdated from not being sold since 2011. It smells like insecticide. I was so upset I told the customer this was not organic and here was his return policy. Boss overheard. She didn't say anything but I'm sure the big boss will hear.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I just sold Malathion to a customer who wanted organic for his apples! Boss said that is what he needs and she won't take people over to the organic section! The organic stuff is SOOO outdated from not being sold since 2011. It smells like insecticide. I was so upset I told the customer this was not organic and here was his return policy. Boss overheard. She didn't say anything but I'm sure the big boss will hear.

Getting in trouble rocking the boat already huh lol:moon:

Former Guest

She didn't say shit to me. The rest of them are seasonal workers and don't do anything. I can confidently say I'm pretty good at my job :) that purchase has been eating at me all day. I have a pic I wanna show. I took it at work. See the words racist poster?

picture.php