What's new

Scott Family Farms 2023 releases . . .

Charles-scott

Veteran
Welp. Another new member here, so take that for what you will. Been lurking on this thread since I put in my order way back in early March. The whole Jamaica thing did get my spider senses tingling, but hell, I've always wanted to grow some Red Congolese. And I wanted to support Canadian breeders. I was hoping to start with better news, but nothing has shown up for me in Toronto. And I don't think it's just "in the mail". The most generous assumption I can make is that they were hopelessly naive and gave a bunch of packages to some dude in Tiny Town, JA to take to Kingston or wherever- and go figure. This 1 in 4 business isn't flying for me either. There's been some very kind unsolicited advice for Scott Family Farms on this thread- and here's a bit more. If you did indeed send packages off to get lost in the void- I'd assume none are making it through- and go through every order and resend them from a main office in a big city. And then send out an e-mail to everyone that ordered with new confirmation- ideally with, you know... a tracking number. If the package appears one day in my mailbox, I'll jump on here post haste and let everyone know.
Early March ? really we had 2 issues period until the March 22 shipment

Charles-scott

Veteran
Where the fuck are the orders that have already been placed? You say 1 in 4 has been a miss but no one has confirmed receiving anything from you?
If you would go on my FB page many people have shown pics of there packs , a few people are making a a huge deal out of exactly what I said , I have been very nice given how to reach me and exactly what is up , I am not even supposed to deal with this stuff but I am because I care , but seriously give your head a shake if anyone wants to actually ask the community around me anything I have posted links .
I am out of here , have a great evening

zSkeletoRz

Dan has said he would refund my money. Myself and others are waiting to recieve refunds. I will confirm here if/when we have received our funds.

zSkeletoRz

If you would go on my FB page many people have shown pics of there packs , a few people are making a a huge deal out of exactly what I said , I have been very nice given how to reach me and exactly what is up , I am not even supposed to deal with this stuff but I am because I care , but seriously give your head a shake if anyone wants to actually ask the community around me anything I have posted links .
I am out of here , have a great evening
I looked. I saw no pics of any seed packs from any customers claiming to have received anything from you.

I will confirm here when/if any of us recieve our money back.

ScarFinger

Greetings I have waited almost 40 days with no seeds.
I will not be here to bash, however I will update each month in regards to my order showing up or not.

Location Toronto Ontario Canada.

Also something to note, nothing I have been shipped from Family in Jamaica has taken this long.
Could be shipping logistics, Could be lost, Could have never sent. To many variables to assign blame.

However I have yet to see any members posts providing proof of order & a received date.

I'm sure if you Charles reach out to anyone that has had their stuff arrive and provide proof I am sure that would put 90% of the complaints here to rest while they await their seeds.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I was talking with Charles on FB about my wayward order yesterday and he wanted me to mention that his inquiries did bring up the Federal strike in Canada. It seems that part of the CBSA is involved in the strike and since general postal deliveries from Jamaica are not considered priority they might be in the delayed pile. He is as stumped as we are but he is prepared to make it right to all of us.

Hmmm. FWIW, Canada Post is not affected by the strike, and neither is that part of CBSA. Affected is things like processing passport applications and other admin stuff. Either way, the strike only started on Apr 19 so can’t see how that would affect something sent nearly a month prior. But maybe it did. I hope that’s the case. I really do.

lowridersa

i think give this man a chance, he is a vetted vendor on ICMAG, he is replying to messages, some people have received orders and Dave has offered to resend.
I did order many months ago, our postal services in South Africa are terrrible, a pigeon with a drinking problem could do a better job, plus our guys strike on a weekly basis. My seeds arrived, eventhough it took 6 months, 4 months to travel 100km from a local post office.

Hey we're all rooting for it to work out. But the reality is- this kind of confusion and obfuscation is not the norm. The days when everything was so underground that you sent cash off in the mail, and hoped you get something in the mail weeks or months later are long gone. No-one is going to wait months going "well, maybe?". Not in Canada. Not in the US. When a seed order from the US or Spain gets released to Canada Post it's here the next day. I've had stuff held up in hubs like Chicago and L.A. for a few days max. CSI is way up in Eureka, CA (pop. 25000)- that's a four hour drive north from San Fran. It's off the beaten path- yet I think 3 weeks was the longest it ever took. And those beans took a 5000km journey. Point is, expectations are different these days. With any luck we'll see a bunch of us all report deliveries in the next week.

TheDarkStorm

Bit of a awkward situation as I see both view points.....from the point of view of a customer who has put up $200-$300 or more they just want their goods....paying a good amount of money you expect good service and the goods to get to you fast.....
But if you look at it from Charles side....rest assured the man hasn't made that big of an investment of money, time, resources and a huge amout of hard work and efforts for nothing...and is certainly not something a guy looking to pull a fast one would do....you can see Charles has dedicated his life now and for the past few years to his current overall project....even in the past people have accused him of pulling fast ones...but from what ive seen he has always been around and accessible one way or another wich is not something scammers do.....you have to give him abit of leeway as the current project is a new venture and has just gone public so there is bound to be some issues that can come up....but from what I see Charles has put everything into this....all his past work, present, future he has put everything into this project... he has gone all in....have some faith in the man....yes the postal services can be a pain in the backside but thats not him is it...and im sure were he is seeing improvements can be made or systems charged to improve service going forward he will do that....no man would want what Charles has put into this project to sink....have some faith in the guy...
Hopefully everyone gets sorted very soon, I for one am waiting to some of these genetics growing asap.

little-soldier

just wanted to give a heads up, im in Quebec Canada and still waiting. I got an email from Dan about the strike too but not sure it would have affected Post Canada so not going to give my 2 cents on this. Maybe the seeds were poorely packaged ( no offence) and were seized but I have not received a letter from customs/border/whatever its called.
I'm going to wait and see what happens but I sure hope Charles is a man of his words and will deliver with the extras as this was supposed to be my last seed run along with others and now I have to do another run after this one with Charles genetics and will most likely buy another round of 1000$ worth of seeds. I have spent most my life growing different strains from seeds and have always been dissapointed with the phenoes I get. I must have spent like 20000$ in seeds from a shitload of breeders in my lifetime and now going towards clones. Hopefully Charles can get this mess sorted out and start selling clones and other breeders too so I stop wasting my god damn money on a 1 in a 100 seed chance to find something stellar/similar to the original which small time growers like me can't afford to do.
Im done with
BOG
DNA
Reserva Privada
BC bud depo
Cali connection
HSO
Beanhoarder
Bodhi
afghan selection
archive
bomb
capulator
crockett family
jinxproof
lucky dog
etc cause the list goes on and on

goingrey

just wanted to give a heads up, im in Quebec Canada and still waiting. I got an email from Dan about the strike too but not sure it would have affected Post Canada so not going to give my 2 cents on this. Maybe the seeds were poorely packaged ( no offence) and were seized but I have not received a letter from customs/border/whatever its called.
I'm going to wait and see what happens but I sure hope Charles is a man of his words and will deliver with the extras as this was supposed to be my last seed run along with others and now I have to do another run after this one with Charles genetics and will most likely buy another round of 1000$ worth of seeds. I have spent most my life growing different strains from seeds and have always been dissapointed with the phenoes I get. I must have spent like 20000$ in seeds from a shitload of breeders in my lifetime and now going towards clones. Hopefully Charles can get this mess sorted out and start selling clones and other breeders too so I stop wasting my god damn money on a 1 in a 100 seed chance to find something stellar/similar to the original which small time growers like me can't afford to do.
Im done with
BOG
DNA
Reserva Privada
BC bud depo
Cali connection
HSO
Beanhoarder
Bodhi
afghan selection
archive
bomb
capulator
crockett family
jinxproof
lucky dog
etc cause the list goes on and on
You spent $20k on seeds from all those breeders and never found anything good?

little-soldier

You spent $20k on seeds from all those breeders and never found anything good?
That’s right, i miss the old days when freezeland, Outdoor bubblegum (supposedly), jean guy and Purple Kush clones were around. The taste of these strains would linger on my palate long after smoking a joint. Nothing like the faint taste from 99% of the seeds i grew. Every now and then i would get a pheno with a lingering taste but nothing that was worth keeping. And a lot of different strains Not even closely related have familiar taste. I sure hope Charles has something stellar because i lost hope in all breeders. Especially after they all went feminised which is supper proned to hermie on ya.

goingrey

That’s right, i miss the old days when freezeland, Outdoor bubblegum (supposedly), jean guy and Purple Kush clones were around. The taste of these strains would linger on my palate long after smoking a joint. Nothing like the faint taste from 99% of the seeds i grew. Every now and then i would get a pheno with a lingering taste but nothing that was worth keeping. And a lot of different strains Not even closely related have familiar taste. I sure hope Charles has something stellar because i lost hope in all breeders. Especially after they all went feminised which is supper proned to hermie on ya.
Wow that's some bad luck.

Ever tried to grow any Bubba Kush? I think you might like it.