What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scott Family Farms 2023 releases . . .

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Butter Scotch Hawaiian was some good ganja……

some better at farming then bookkeeping…..but when taking $ best make it right…..
patience a virtue …but also asks the question would I repeat the process…..

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I am ambivalent at this point. He fucked up this launch royally and he knows it. He is a grower and a breeder and not a businessman. I know that doesn’t give him a pass on any outstanding orders. He should fulfill them and he has said that he will. But you have to talk to him and only him. I would not hold your breath for him to look at this thread btw since he says he is done with forums . . . so you can bitch here all you want but nothing will get sorted out. The ball is in your court if you ever want to get what you are owed. He might not even have a copy of those orders since Dan was doing his thing in a different country and their involvement is toast. I am not excusing him, merely explaining . . .

For the future, I agree with Tom and I will wait until a real seedbank is offering the seeds before I order again. Let’s face it; the genetics he holds are amazing, so we can only hope that he can get it all sorted out.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Love Potion#1 F2 repro of the original release. Can't speak about the actual problems with Seed deliverys....

DSC03377.JPG
DSC03408.JPG

ChinookKing

You're lucky. Some of us that didn't recieve our order, got nothing but told off.
I somehow ended up reading this whole seed saga. Sucks man and i feel bad for you. I am an hobbist breeder with a backround in botany. I just joined but I go by the same handle on reddit, ChinookKing. You can look at my posts and see some of my work on reddit. I have quite a few original awesome strains and a really good old school blueberry. I am offering to send you some of my work for free if you want to run it. I really feel like you've been wronged and i want to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
You're lucky. Some of us that didn't recieve our order, got nothing but told off.
Hey, have not ordered the Seeds from Reeferman. :) Seeds came from a private person who made the repro a few years ago from original stock.

I know it sucks to wait for something you have already paid for, crossing my fingers for you guys. A good business man would offer you a refund i guess.....

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Note: We allowed Charles to still post just in case there was a chance for you guys to get more information and maybe a solution to solve this, for those that sent in money to him but haven't received the seeds.

Tynehead Tom

Yeah that reply is fucking demented.
There’s plenty of the old school flavour to be had without having to deal with that.

Amazing how all those old BC breeders turned to shit.
some of us older BC breeders don't want to be lumped in with that lot
Charles managed to make a name for himself, some of us chose to stay in the shadows.
I started growing in 89 and was breeding by 92 but I stayed out of the scene until 2015 when I joined icmag.
Maybe it's why I appear critical in my previous posts here, because the guy is giving us BC/Canadian breeders a bad name. Reality is he is not a BC breeder anymore, he is a jamaican breeder.

edit to add..... the guy has paid his dues and his strains are obviously works that have stood the test of time when so many people are still eager to aquire them. Too bad his reputation is taking such a huge hit with the launch of his new endeavors. Not sure how or if he will be able to recover from this.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Not sure how or if he will be able to recover from this.

Agreed.

I was a manufacturer’s rep forever for high end gear. Some manufacturers designed and built brilliant products but they couldn’t run a business worth shit because they were engineers and not good businessmen. Others were not fit for human consumption – i.e. they had zero people skills and they would piss your customers off if you let them anywhere near. The past CEO of Focal was like that. I called him over in the parking lot of the factory to do an introduction a few years back when I was doing the factory tour dance. He walked over and in one sentence he pissed off 8 senior executives from his 2nd biggest dealer in the world. I think Charles suffers from both of these problems. He needs to get the seeds to a legitimate seed bank and stay out of the rest.

Duly noted - Tynehead Tom. Sorry about that. I was thinking of the hyped names from back in the day.
I also did grab a pack of Red Congolese and a pack of Wakeford 2.0 in this debacle, which I plan to get to.
As a hobby home grower it will be a while, though, as I started other plants before my seeds finally arrived.
TBD- Just going by what I've seen on the boards and his Facebook page(s)- I have a feeling that a legit seed bank probably wouldn't do business with Charles. Or if they did, it would be short-lived, and end in acrimony. Just a hunch. He mentions on FB he's leaving Jamaica for Canada, and will start sending his seeds from Canada "in the next few weeks". So, ya... on it goes.

Last edited:

little-soldier

Just got 1 pack out of 2 from Dan. He was coming to Canada and able to to ship it from Vancouver. Still waiting on the other pack from Jamaica which will Probably take forever but this is my second order with them. As far as im concerned Dan is much more reliable than Charles. I contacted charles directly since i heard Dan got fired and half the messages i sent him, he didn’t reply and am still waiting to place another order. So not very good customer service with chuck. I also payed an extra 15$US for tracking and they apparently forgot but never mentioned anything about a refund. So ya.. my last order with them for sure except that i really wanted that cookie cure strain too 😕

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
week3-full-plant.jpg

Day 60. Not a great picture, but you get the idea. Burning Bush. Deep into week 3 of flower, this plant is a tent filler. I had to supercrop it to keep it from bouncing off the lights, so you can see the bend and the twist tie keeping the main stalk in place. The lateral branching is extreme and I will have to string up some support. It is building a nice main cola and there are promising bud sites everywhere.

3 gallon coco. Ec 1.5 Canna A+B, Boost, cal-mag.

Latest posts

Latest posts