What's new

SCARED TO DEATH.. HELP

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
ureapwhatusow said:
wow, i feel like the lone amigo ok to smoke at 15

I think recreation escapism is for those who are burdened with some sort of adult stress liek a job or maybe to blow off steam from college life.

If you take into acount the physical development aspect, all human beings shoudl wait until the body is developed before they stress it with drugs. Liken it to drinking.

for medical, doctor says its ok, no problem

isnt this what happens when you mix juviniles and weed? you get poor judgement, juvinile results.

Not ot mention everyone involved can be risking everyones grow and making the charges exponentialy worse for involving minor.

I mean I came from a place where I started doing drugs at 11 so I understand I really do im not trying to be juedgmmental

I just think that medical community pushes chemicals to fix problems and too often we look to solve problems with chemicals instead of adjustive actions which, when your a child you shoudl be learning

hate to go against the popular vote, but its safe but its still medicine, its still something

So you're ok with stealing?

G

The downside of stealing and burglary (home invasion if someone is home) is people like me sleep with weapons under my pillow.
Better to break your son of this habit before a pissed off victim puts a semi-brass jacked hollow point in him.

If it were my son I would do every thing possible to clear this up without law enforcement involved.

Is the patient claiming the medicine is worth 1500 dollars? Is the 1/2 ounce of TW the niece gave him a true story or is your son lying?
Is this person so stupid they do not lock up their medicine?

Lets assume the niece did give your son smoke. That does not exonerate your son but it does make the victim an idiot. The niece should have never had access to the MMJ.
This is what happens when adults screw up.......

Now does your kid show any remorse for stealing someones medicine? If he does not
he may be to messed up for you to fix and kicking his ass or making him work will have no effect.

Seems to me as there are more guilty people than the kids.

G

grapepunched

Teach your son right from wrong. Make him work to pay off his debt. If he becomes beligerent, steal something of value away from him so he can feel what it is like to be stolen from. And don't allow him to smoke herb in your house or at all for that matter, at 15 I knew not to steal, especially from friends.... He needs a "family" type lesson in morale... Make him feel what it's like to be robbed, and better yet, tell him he can't smoke pot until he's 18 and moved out, and drug test him to make sure, otherwise he will do something else STUPID having to do with pot and you'll be bailing him out or having some very unhappy and suspicious police officers at your door. Be serious about this, this ia a horrible thing your son has been a part of... Make him understand it's wrong to hurt others, and selfish... Peace,

-gp

G

grapepunched

octodiem said:
The downside of stealing and burglary (home invasion if someone is home) is people like me sleep with weapons under my pillow.
Better to break your son of this habit before a pissed off victim puts a semi-brass jacked hollow point in him.

If it were my son I would do every thing possible to clear this up without law enforcement involved.

Is the patient claiming the medicine is worth 1500 dollars? Is the 1/2 ounce of TW the niece gave him a true story or is your son lying?
Is this person so stupid they do not lock up their medicine?

Lets assume the niece did give your son smoke. That does not exonerate your son but it does make the victim an idiot. The niece should have never had access to the MMJ.
This is what happens when adults screw up.......

Now does your kid show any remorse for stealing someones medicine? If he does not
he may be to messed up for you to fix and kicking his ass or making him work will have no effect.

Seems to me as there are more guilty people than the kids.

See how being a dumbass refelcts upon the person whose meds they are? If a dumbass neice reflects like that on her uncle or aunt or whomever's the weed is, imagine how your kid's dumbass move REFLECTS ON YOU. And why have to lock up your herb? I don't lock mine up, I just put it somewhere not visible and somewhere I know where to find it when I need it.

Don't let your kid make others think you're a dumbass parent, punish him!

-gp

U

ureapwhatusow

KharmaGirl said:
So you're ok with stealing?

NOOOO my first post said everyhting there was to say about that. Stealing is wrong, I woudl have him make good on the theft.

I just think its par for the course when you condone you children doing illegal things and I cant see the justification behind suipporting a minor doing drugs unless there is a medical necessity

there is also a potential for the parents involved to get caught up with child protective services and other nightmare that spring up when you involve minors in illegal activity

How do you think an outside woudl view someone who was reading this?

I can hear them now " Hmm kids and drugs are ok in these peoples books, that doesnt seem like responcible medicine management, maybe they are right to keep it illegal "

responcible use of medicine begins at home

i started yound so im not being critical of those who did

but ideally, whats missing in this kids life if he is out getting high and playing hoodrat?

pot is great = inappropriate use is not

everyone is hating this kid for having poor discretion but I think that discretion is learned from the parents.

IF the parents are letting him go otu and party and hang wiht kids that party (all of which is illegal) wtf do you expect

And I dont want to be critical of anyones parenting but sometimes its the onyl way for things to get corrected

I think if the marijuana community wants to be respected and wants their rights repsected it has to be represented as being rational and responcible in all other regards.

Last edited:

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Me and my kid have been fighting.. and Ive been doing some thinking.. but I dont know what to do its hard to look at a picture of him when he was a lil guy and now this.. makes me emotional.
Thanks for your support.
ICMAG FOR THERAPY!

HerbGlaze said:
Me and my kid have been fighting.. and Ive been doing some thinking.. but I dont know what to do its hard to look at a picture of him when he was a lil guy and now this.. makes me emotional.
Thanks for your support.
ICMAG FOR THERAPY!

Dont worry about it bro you just need to break the cycle. The best times you will have with him will be in the future trust me. Get him on the right track now so someday, you can go over to his home and enjoy a smoke and bbq with him in his back yard. You need to make him understand that it was wrong, wether he wants to here it or not. If you are sincere when you talk to him he will know it, think back to when u were 15. He made a big mistake, the important part is that he learns from it. Set him straight and this will help him grow as a person, eventually, after his anger passes, he should feel bad about taking it.

Daemon

krustytheclown said:
NO, NO, NO!

You do NOT make him work it off for you around the house!

Instead, you make him get a real job with a paycheck and make him give you the paycheck EACH PAYDAY. You cash each paycheck and count the amount against what he owes the person he robbed. You make him pay back the full amount of what was taken.

I'm pretty sure the retards you let your son hang around with aren't going to contribute anything to pay the victim back.

If he refuses to give you each uncashed, endorsed paycheck, tell him from the outset that if he doesn't give it to you the same day he gets paid, you are turning him in to the cops. And mean it.
Agreed.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whoop that boys ass. he obviously needs some discipline.
if you wont do it, send him to me.
ill whoop his ass til he is a model citizen.
and fuck trying to be his friend, be a father.
dont let him walk all over you, it will be like that forever.

Y

YwouldntI

i say yeah i did stupid shit as a kid ...but if my kid pulled shit like that it would be one of the rare occasions when i gave him a good ass whuppin.
yeah i did some fucked up bullshit as a kid but my kids are better then me and dont wanna be havin them go down the same roads if i can be there to prevent it.
if you dont get on him now its gonna be someone else ie police/judge deciding ur sons punishment for you in the future when he pulls his next lame brain teenage caper.not to mention if people are home and one of his cronies gets killed he'll get charged with the murder cause it happened in a crime they set up.or even worse he gets his life took.
dont kid urself yo he set it up,if not they wouldnt have done it with him there who wants to split the loot more ways then neccessarry?think bout it.
so id say step up be a Dad not his homeboy and teach the lil kat how to be a real man not a low life thief.he might think hes pissed at you now but as he grows and sees his friends get shot,and sent to prison and what not.he'll thank you then.it aint ur job to be cool with the lil kat its ur job to protect him,and sometimes when were young and stupid we need protected from ourselves.or aka parenting,get on ur job man.

HuffAndPuff

YOU'RE NOT HIS FRIEND, YOU'RE HIS PARENT. If you really want what's best for him, you'll figure out what that means. Furthermore, when you have kids, understand that you should be making sacrifices. You don't go out partying all night, and leave the baby alone, right?

The kid is old enough to know about drugs- you tell it like it is, fine. That should mean you ENCOURAGE he abstain until his brain is developed. Can't hurt, will only help. You do that by holding the kid accountable, and setting boundaries. And if he's too immature to see past "daddy does it, so he's a hypocrite", guess what? SACRIFICE TIME. You quit until he gets it.

You tell him, "not in my house, or (insert serious punishment here) will happen" Then when he does it, you follow through. He needs to learn that there are consequences from you, so that he can apply that to the real world. Otherwise, he'll think he can treat Johnny Law the same way. He sure as shit can't. Fuck, I didn't have a door on the hinges to my room senior year! Imagine trying to fuck, with no door to close- let alone lock. Get creative. I'd imagine it's half the fun!

No offense man, but the fact that the kid did this shit in the 1st place, then your explanation and attitude.... it doesn't bode well. For anyone. He's just a kid. He has friends (shitty ones). He needs a dad to show him what's what. God bless mine. If I hadn't had the occasional and well-deserved ass beating, I'd be a worthless scumbag.

HuffAndPuff

HuffAndPuff said:
YOU'RE NOT HIS FRIEND, YOU'RE HIS PARENT. If you really want what's best for him, you'll figure out what that means. Furthermore, when you have kids, understand that you should be making sacrifices. You don't go out partying all night, and leave the baby alone, right?

The kid is old enough to know about drugs- you tell it like it is, fine. That should mean you ENCOURAGE he abstain until his brain is developed. Can't hurt, will only help. You do that by holding the kid accountable, and setting boundaries. And if he's too immature to see past "daddy does it, so he's a hypocrite", guess what? SACRIFICE TIME. You quit until he gets it.

You tell him, "not in my house, or (insert serious punishment here) will happen" Then when he does it, you follow through. He needs to learn that there are consequences from you, so that he can apply that to the real world. Otherwise, he'll think he can treat Johnny Law the same way. He sure as shit can't. Fuck, I didn't have a door on the hinges to my room senior year! Imagine trying to fuck, with no door to close- let alone lock. Get creative. I'd imagine it's half the fun!

No offense man, but the fact that the kid did this shit in the 1st place, then your explanation and attitude.... it doesn't bode well. For anyone. He's just a kid. He has friends (shitty ones). He needs a dad to show him what's what. God bless mine. If I hadn't had the occasional and well-deserved ass beating, I'd be a worthless scumbag.

HuffAndPuff

K+ bro I had my hide tanned as a kid for sure. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT ME AND MY LEATHER ASS CHEEKS ARE BETTER OFF BECAUSE OF IT.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Huff thanks for that.. very good advice we have it inline now.. hes grounded for a month.
I let him smoke I just want him to know that he shouldnt do that kind of shit and if it happens agian im going to do random drug tests.
I said these edxact words and smacked him on the back of the head to leave the sting "Son ive been your Dad and my job is when ever you get in trouble to get you out of it and to love you, you cant get yourself out of trouble because your a juvenile.. if these kind of actions keep up which involve weed I wont allow you to smoke and I will drug test you, your lucky im grounding you for a month because most my friends told me to kick your ass for what you did, DONT do it agian" (Smacked on the back of head)
He got it and hes doing some work in the neighborhood to get some money which he will be giving to the person whos it was in the first place.

hamstring

Veteran
HerbGlaze said:
Huff thanks for that.. very good advice we have it inline now.. hes grounded for a month.
I let him smoke I just want him to know that he shouldnt do that kind of shit and if it happens agian im going to do random drug tests.
I said these edxact words and smacked him on the back of the head to leave the sting "Son ive been your Dad and my job is when ever you get in trouble to get you out of it and to love you, you cant get yourself out of trouble because your a juvenile.. if these kind of actions keep up which involve weed I wont allow you to smoke and I will drug test you, your lucky im grounding you for a month because most my friends told me to kick your ass for what you did, DONT do it agian" (Smacked on the back of head)
He got it and hes doing some work in the neighborhood to get some money which he will be giving to the person whos it was in the first place.

^^^^Good to hear.

Ask yourself why you let your kid smoke in the first. Are you 100% sure it did not have anything to do with the fact that made it easier for you to smoke openly around him.

I smoke but never at home and never in the car. I have the right to do what ever I choose as the adult parent but I have no right to influence my kids on things that are considered illegal or for adults (Meaning they are living on their own. Adulthood is not directly tied to age. I am the poster child for that.) That’s selfish, they should not be privy to these things until they are adults.

Like many here have said, "be a parent not a friend". Raising a kid is hard as hell most people who treat their kids like friends are taking the easy way out. Less confrontation (which sucks if they know you smoke). If you have kids you know how much easier (for you) it is to say yes verses no. It sucks to say no because of all the ranting and raving and stomping off its just makes life easier to give in.

Don’t do it brother bust this kids ass. Yes it will mean kicking yourself in the ass too. Stop smoking in front of him. Let be known it all stops here.

Good luck it will not be easy but it will be worth it.
PEACE

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Just grounded and a smack to the head? Geez, I wouldn't be afraid to do whatever I wanted....I mean, if I could break the law and just end up grounded, where's the fear?

SMP

KharmaGirl said:
Just grounded and a smack to the head? Geez, I wouldn't be afraid to do whatever I wanted....I mean, if I could break the law and just end up grounded, where's the fear?

Let me tell you fom experience physical violence on your kid won't help anything!!!! Yeah he'll be afraid of you , but what good is that????

My brothers and I did a lot of stupid shit when we were growing up and my Dad would beat the shit out of us!!!!!! Did it do any good??? I don't think so!!!!

The thing my dad always did ( that we hated doing the most and did the most good IMHO) was walk us over to the neighbors house that we did something wrong at and make us apologize and pay retribution. The neighbors got to decide what they wanted us to do!!!!

Herb the kid does need his ass kicked for this!!!! but I think you did the right thing this time!!!! If he does it again though you might consider something more drastic???

SMP

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Without reading anything else I agree your son is an idiot. Hopefully you can talk some sense into him and make sure he understands. Unfortunately the only way he'll really understand is if he pays for his crime. At 15 it will be the best lesson for him and the best thing is it stays sealed once he reaches 18.

For one hes as guilty as anyone else if not more for giving up the info and setting up the crime. For two he'll probably get an additional felony because he took someone elses prescribed medicine.

What evers been done an apology, some weed, and the sincere regret that your son in all likelyness has made it necessary for these other people to have to move residence is in high order.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I just read a little more and it appears no one is going to learn anything with the equivalent of a cuff and a grounding. Thats only going to delay the issue until he does something serious later on and is charged as an adult and gets to drag felonies around from the age of 17-18 until hes dead.

By then it will be too late to replay this one and wish you didnt puss out with some lame grounding and a chance to teach your kid a serious life lesson.

A smack and a grounding? That is hilarious!!!! He still gets to smoke? That is even more funny. I am beginning to see where your son gets his stupid ideas. Not to be harsh but you need to step up be a parent who doesn't put up with any crap and set a strong example otherwise no doubt your son winds up in juvie within the year.

Last edited:
Damn...had I pulled some BS like that back in my day my father would still be kicking my ass for it. :bashhead:

That "punishment" you gave him is uberweak and I doubt he learns jack shit from it. The fact that you still let him smoke is just amazing to me. I personally could not condone my own 15 year old to smoke pot...especially if he is making very stupid decisions anyways...he probably don't need anything else to help fuck with his perception...but that's just IMO.

:rant:

I wish you the best of luck...:joint: