What's new

Saw these today at walmart. Perfect for sog

Hello there. Walmart is a great store to get creative on the ways you can figure out how to utilize interesting growing tools. Whatever floats your boat. I pick up alot of supplies at Walmart myself, however I went to Pacific Indoor Gardener in Surrey and picked up enough 3 gal grow bags to fill my space of about 25 bags plus some Alaska Blooming liquid fish ferts for like $16 or so total. These 3 gallon bags you can fit three of them into a nursery tray if you don't pack them too full. Two bags if you stuff em full. They work great and they are easy to handle and move around and provide ample space for root development. Good luck.

** There are lots of Nurseries that sell their used nursery pots. 10 cents for 1 gallon 20 cents for 2 gallon 30 cents for etc etc all the way to 7 gallon is where I get my outdoor pots from Port Kells Nursery in Surrey. Besides that the Walmart I go to in Penticton there is a Dollar store there that has three gallon pails and you could co crazy Hempy style or just drill out the holes on the bottom for drainage all for a buck a piece. Regards.

Last edited:

Ickis

Veteran
mjr99 I get it. These are a real good find. especially for seed grows and AF grows like LR. It is the kind of pot the AF breeders tell you to use. I am sure lowlife suggested pots that were taller than they were wide. The best seedling pots are taller than they are wide to IMHO. I like starting in half gallon milk cartons. They are like 4" x 4" and 10" tall. A seedling's tap root can be 4" long when a seedling breaks ground. They get to the bottom of a 10" milk carton pretty fast. I have always considered treepots. They are perfect for pot plants and they cost a little because you have to buy a case of them for like $100. They are a buck a piece but are that thin crap that nursery plants come in. Plus they only have the largest size of 1.6 gallons and 14" tall. The ones mjr found are 2.3 gallons and once the holes are drilled they will last a very, very long time.

2.3 gallons of soil and only 6" x 6" floor space. SOG BONANZA!!!!!!!!!

Look bags are nice but they don't compare to these. These are hard plastic and will last for years. They stand up better on their own and stack together better and more even. Yes they cost more than bags or regular pots but after the first grow they are free and he doesn't ever have to source containers again. Plus 2+ gallon containers more than twice as tall as they are wide are not that common. They are kind of a specialty item that would have to be ordered and he found these around his area.

http://www.stuewe.com/products/treepots.html

T

tokinafaty420

Simple grow bags would have worked perfectly for what you want to do and they are only like $0.10 a bag. You can buy a case of 500 2-gallon grow bags for $50.

reckon

and you could put, like, BREAD in it!!!!

but yeah, I get SEVEN GALLON NURSERY POTS for about $5 each

but for a SOG, since I run 80, $5 ea. is $400 in pots :jawdrop:

I SOG in 6" square 1 gallon pots= $2.35 ea X 80 = $180 (which is still a LOT for a fucking container)

I am old skool, I should probably try grow bags or just use a traditional SOG bed one of these times

I only SOG 2 crops a year tho (for re-sale to the dispensaries), I like growing fat bushes the rest of my time for personal smoking.

Ickis

Veteran
and you could put, like, BREAD in it!!!!

but yeah, I get SEVEN GALLON NURSERY POTS for about $5 each

but for a SOG, since I run 80, $5 ea. is $400 in pots :jawdrop:

I SOG in 6" square 1 gallon pots= $2.35 ea X 80 = $180

$180 for 80 gallons of soil root space. But if you get the bread boxes for $400 for 80 of them you get 184 gallons of soil root space. Which is $2.17 per gallon. You would need 184 of your 1 gallon containers ($432) to get the same yield as 80 of those bread boxes. 80 bread boxes in your SOG should more than double your yield because root space is a big part of yield.

Grow bags are effective but I just don't like them. They are a pain to keep standing especially when things get top heavy. So don't even bring grow bags into this topic. pots...hard plastic pots that have a 6" x 6" footprint and 2.3 gallons of soil space. Good luck finding them on the cheap.

Latest posts

Latest posts