What's new

Sativa research

ElRubio

Veteran
that article about Nepalese Hashish Centers is sublime four seasons...
i´ve enjoyed it very much (even with the Pasupahtti-buddhist error!;) Incredible photos Thank you very much, it´s really apprecited.

good vibes!!

mazar_man

I miss "R", on of the great dope writers of our time. Probably busy hot boxing some retirement home down in Miami these days, flooring fellow seniors with today's connoseiur treats and tales of haight drop out hippie grown hypnotic volcano grown hawaiian thai lol.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
No problem
I spend many hours in bed because of illness so I dont mind. I enjoy sharing info about the plant I love. I am by far no expert and have learned much valuable info reading and spending hours on ICMag.

Thanks again for share it four season, amazingly informative!

We are happy to be with you while you are recovering at home, our best wishes to you. dubi

mazar_man

Cool to read about the traditional curing techniques in some of these old articles like the one described in the India article. Always makes me wonder if we are missing something when cultures that have been using cannabis far longer than us (India, malawi cob, african black magic, etc.) employ fermentation so frequently in the curing.

txuck

Thanks 4seasons, fantastics posts, ive been enjoyin a lot with pictures and the articles...:yeahthats

agur:dueling:

Nirrity

Greetings four seasons !! Could you please find the above and below pages for this ??

It's very, extremely interesting to read all that old days sativa story ! I miss the whole great epoch... Why don't Sam Skunkman release S1 of his best Haze clone of those days ?? :))

C

charlie garcia

must notice in that age we could never read those magazines or any article about marihuana, not info at all here in Sp for years untill 90's. You were lucky guys to have magazines there and since so long. I find it so hard to compare with present scenario, I always miss such genetic richness of such age compared to present times. And I dont mean weed was better or worse but so diverse, was so easy to dream with those bud pics.

Times are different here now, I guess same there.

You miss and you liked it any old weed in particular?

best

four seasons

Veteran
I sure miss the diversity in the commercial available smoke from the seventies and eighties.
I enjoyed smoking "cheap" quality commercial pot back then.
In N.America Unless you grow your own, finding CHEAP quality pot is very difficult today.
Quality cannabis is everywhere but it isnt Cheap any longer.

I lived in Darmstadt (Eberstadt) and Stuttgart (Kornweistheim)Germany in the early eighties and all we could find was lots of Morrocan Hash, bits of Lebanese and Afgan. No good grass only cheap African every now and then.
Florida was a much differnt story. I had great connects with some outstanding Columbian, Mexican and Jamaican.

Of all of the smoke I miss from yesterday is the True Columbian Highland Sativa cured to the golden color it was named and famous for.
It was cheap and abundent all over florida in the middle seventies.
It was getting harder to find during the eighties while at the same time the sweeter lowland Columbian Red was getting easier to find.
The last true batch of this warehoused rich spicy gold sativa I was lucky to get was in 91 but some of the pounds were very mouldy by then.

Nirrty I will look for it for you but please be patient. Most of the mags are put away.

four seasons

Veteran
This Wonderful book was published in 1976.
Must have for the Cannabis Collector
Ill try and scan some of the beautiful pictures or maybe the whole thing sometime soon.

C

charlie garcia

Hard to know about the old golds, believe me been asking to local friends there for years and they dont even know what is that line exactly but maybe they referred to amarillas (yellows) but Columbia is so diverse yet, hard to talk just one word. Still think those weeds had to be grown in original places to get their best smoke.

thx for reply
best

four seasons

Veteran
I agree these Sativas could never be properly duplicated outside of their place of origin.

For many years the rumor in Florida was that these Coastal Sierra highland sativas were traditionaly leached of chlorophyl by girdling the stalk, turning the colas a golden (usually brownish tan) color.

C

charlie garcia

well some people used to do that. Columbians use to be like their flag in colours, red, yellow or blue. Lately much green and less yellow and purples

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks again four seasons :yes:
I think that strains such as SMG were developed in the early 70´s to adapt to the harsh conditions of northern caribbean coast.
There are many strains that cure to a yellow-gold color w/o girdling
Well,it´s Friday...I´m going to burn this for you ;)

162.jpg