What's new

Sandnuts Autoflower Jungle

Sandnut

Notice the odd look of the 1st pic, its missing a leaf lol

Also I noticed one of the BW's is starting to show some very deep purple/darkish colour underneath the leafs.. picture doesn't really show how strong the color is,,

This is the first time for me that im growing autos, the last two pics are of a Bw male that just showed sex, I was really supriced by how small they are, so far, atleast in height, anyone that can confirm this phase of growth is normal?

/San..

F

FullDuplex

This is the first time for me that im growing autos, the last two pics are of a Bw male that just showed sex, I was really supriced by how small they are, so far, atleast in height, anyone that can confirm this phase of growth is normal?

/San..

First off they are looking amazing and in good health. :dance013:

Now about the height. You look on point to plant size and first signs of sex but i am not sure how old these are. But iw ill tell you at first signs of sex they are small and then around mid way through week three they will take off. You need to be sure that at this point not to disturb the root ball as this will stunt the buggers and then you'll have a micro grow as i did.

these plants are really neat to watch grow. There spurts almost happen over night. Then in week 4 the fire works kick in and she starts to explode.

So from what i can tell they are on point, keep treating them like you are and you will be pleased.

g/l and keep it up

Sandnut

First off they are looking amazing and in good health. :dance013:

Now about the height. You look on point to plant size and first signs of sex but i am not sure how old these are. But iw ill tell you at first signs of sex they are small and then around mid way through week three they will take off. You need to be sure that at this point not to disturb the root ball as this will stunt the buggers and then you'll have a micro grow as i did.

these plants are really neat to watch grow. There spurts almost happen over night. Then in week 4 the fire works kick in and she starts to explode.

So from what i can tell they are on point, keep treating them like you are and you will be pleased.

g/l and keep it up

Alright, good news to me cause I was afraid i was gonna end up with some dwarfs or something lol, they are roughly 15 days i think, its some days inbetween cause all didnt germ at same point, I havent really kept track on time on the youngest, time will tell lol

Im gonna get hold of a couple of 15or 20w cfl's to build a small cabinet for some males I'll be getting pollen from, at this point when there's more room in the room im planning to transplant the fems into deeper pots (not really much wider so i can keep stacking them) they're currently in 1.5L~ containers.

All this i plan to do in 1-2days, im not in the danger zone of transplanting am I?

ps also gonna give them a weak taste of the nutes I made after the transplant to make sure they stay happy.. :O)

Sandnut

I made some remodeling in the cab in the last minute before lights went off,

I like to keep it clean so i removed any dirt in the container ect.. also Added a new support board made of wood to hold up the container,, also took a couple of shots from above for the first time,,

It's starting to smell quite abit in the grow room,, i can only imagine how its gonna be soon so im gonna hook up the Diy carbon filter and put it to the test in a couple of days, really hope it does its thing:chin:

/san

Sandnut

Wow! they are looking very healthy...lovin da color

thx bro:tiphat: Yeah i love the dark green colour too. sofar i've got 2males and 4 females,looking good! But alot more are gonna show their sex in the next couple o days so lets not jump the gun,, I also transplanted 2females who where in the smallest pots, into some nice & deep oness + used mdanzig's transplant method even tho exposing roots to light seems to be against all principles of cb growing lol ,, well.. let's wait and see ...xoxo

/san

cheapwine

Veteran
are u going to breeding or somethin' coz u have many strains ;) and it will be very interesting to breeding them. Keep watchin' & one love bro!

Sandnut

are u going to breeding or somethin' coz u have many strains ;) and it will be very interesting to breeding them. Keep watchin' & one love bro!

Yeah im planning on doing some single branch pollination, i'd like to keep 100 seeds of each strain atleast.. for the outdoor season next summer aswell :) i might do some new crosses too, im looking for a one fat cola pheno, not much leafs and not to much stretch just fat single cola, dont we all... :chin:

looking very nice bud love the purple leaf :)

Thx bro, yeah I hope i get atleast on purple pheno it woould be aaaaawesome... :)

/san

Sandnut

I have found 5females and 5 males so far, thats a 50/50 ratio, im pleased so far.
I tought i'll wait a couple of days to give you an update with pics cause there isn't really that much of a difference yet and i think it would be fun to see compare them with a longer run time inbetween. So anyway I've saved 3males so far all of different strains btw, and these are those that could be potential males for breeding, i throwed one away and the other i thought id use for some experimenting, I did some LST on him and also putted this poor fella under some HEAVY stress, poor lighting, changing temps high & low and watering with really cold water, also i broke the light regime for him, and let me tell you it took me some time to get him to hermie, way longer than expected, so thats a good plus!

I tought i might save him and let him selfpollinate and try out the seeds, what are the chances of these seeds actually being all fems? (i do know the silver method is the way to go, just testing this for fun) or will they be more like 75%females 25%herms?

/san

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! My thought exactly.....I too saved 3-4 males for this purpose..{tryin to make him herm} but was gonna collect some "male" pollen first, if I can.....I too am awaiting the answer to this...BUT, FYI, I had a sour60 male go hemi on me and what I did was pluck off the balls for a couple of days and wala....got me a short sensemilla fruity sour60 pheno.....just do it, u neva know what will happen...Peace!:tiphat:
So anyway I've saved 3males so far all of different strains btw, and these are those that could be potential males for breeding, also putted this poor fella under some HEAVY stress, poor lighting, changing temps high & low and watering with really cold water, also i broke the light regime for him, and let me tell you it took me some time to get him to hermie, way longer than expected, so thats a good plus!

I tought i might save him and let him selfpollinate and try out the seeds, what are the chances of these seeds actually being all fems? (i do know the silver method is the way to go, just testing this for fun) or will they be more like 75%females 25%herms?

/san

Sandnut

WOW! My thought exactly.....I too saved 3-4 males for this purpose..{tryin to make him herm} but was gonna collect some "male" pollen first, if I can.....I too am awaiting the answer to this...BUT, FYI, I had a sour60 male go hemi on me and what I did was pluck off the balls for a couple of days and wala....got me a short sensemilla fruity sour60 pheno.....just do it, u neva know what will happen...Peace!:tiphat:

Oh cool! yeah ur right I guess its worth it, a couple of grams from something that is just gonna be trown away anyway. Keep me updated if you get answer regarding the hermi pollen & I'll do the same :tiphat:

Looking forward to the picture update!:tiphat:

You better! haha, im also gonna remodel the grow room into something completely new, im not gonna reveal what it is and im not sure if it's gonna boost or decrease the yield but I might just aswell try it since i consider this a 'shitty' grow, in terms of the equipment im using this run, stay tuned!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
You better! haha, im also gonna remodel the grow room into something completely new, im not gonna reveal what it is and im not sure if it's gonna boost or decrease the yield but I might just aswell try it since i consider this a 'shitty' grow, in terms of the equipment im using this run, stay tuned!

Now im even MORE intrested! I will stay tuned!:dance013:

Sandnut

they locked down the thread I made about Super Autos and posted this as the reason why:

After consulting with a SuperMod about this thread I have been directed to close it.

Since Icmag does not carry any of these strains this thread was deemed to be to much like spam.

I sent him a pm:

Wow that some straight up bullshit, why would you close an informative thread, it's not even breaking any rules, which I in the first place looked up, I didn't mention breeders or anything like that, I was just looking for some information on those strains. This thread was informative towards alot of people who want to try these strains including me, And what do you mean with 'Icmag does not carry any of these strains' aren't you open to new strains or what is that suposed to mean?

Im really dissapointed in who ever made this decission, I mean WOW, i spent alot of time gathering that information. And please remove the whole thread dont just lock it, its embarrasing. Stop acting like the police god sake.

Ps: i think i know why it was removed...cause they where having a beef with the breeder of those super auto strains, lol.. he was banned for some reason. I think it was cause he offered to give out free seed samples.

Now you know why Im gone if i happen to get banned by this, you never know.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they locked down the thread I made about Super Autos and posted this as the reason why:

After consulting with a SuperMod about this thread I have been directed to close it.

Since Icmag does not carry any of these strains this thread was deemed to be to much like spam.

I sent him a pm:

Wow that some straight up bullshit, why would you close an informative thread, it's not even breaking any rules, which I in the first place looked up, I didn't mention breeders or anything like that, I was just looking for some information on those strains. This thread was informative towards alot of people who want to try these strains including me, And what do you mean with 'Icmag does not carry any of these strains' aren't you open to new strains or what is that suposed to mean?

Im really dissapointed in who ever made this decission, I mean WOW, i spent alot of time gathering that information. And please remove the whole thread dont just lock it, its embarrasing. Stop acting like the police god sake.

Ps: i think i know why it was removed...cause they where having a beef with the breeder of those super auto strains, lol.. he was banned for some reason. I think it was cause he offered to give out free seed samples.

Now you know why Im gone if i happen to get banned by this, you never know.

Ok thanks....

S_a_H

Sandnut

Removed another male today and found 3 females! so where at a total of 8females & 6 males, im happy and its looking really good sofar. The ones that showed sex first are really starting to shoot out white pistills here and there. The youngest seedlings in the small cups are also starting to grow, tho It seems they are a bit slower than the first batch, maybe it's because they didn't start in bigger pots right away?

/san

Sandnut

Ok so the time as come for a another update.... Here's a couple of pics of the plants outside of the closet, you can see i've tried mdanzigs transplant method on 3of them so far, its working great, also you see the remodeling ive made in the cab, yes im gonna try some vert! wish i had some proper lights but gonna give it a shot, I dont know if its gonna be better or if it will hurt the yield but now atleast all of them are getting equally much light, some of them were pretty left out in the earlier setup.

this is how the cab looks with plants in it, to the left is the younger ones that were started much later aswell as some of the sloooow germinating ones from the 1st batch.

..and here are some closeup shots, you can see they have just started flowering..the last pics are of the 3males I keep in a small container with only 2x 20w lights, but they seem to be doing well enough, they dont requier as much as the ladies... ;)

uptosumpn

Veteran
Now that's what's up.....def like the thought of tryin vert.!!!! teh only prob you have to worry about is the rootball from the ERT....I try and mist mines when lights go off every 24hrs...too much misting may make the leaves wilt...

Sandnut

Now that's what's up.....def like the thought of tryin vert.!!!! teh only prob you have to worry about is the rootball from the ERT....I try and mist mines when lights go off every 24hrs...too much misting may make the leaves wilt...

thx, Sofar I just water them pretty often and carefully, haven't had a problem yet... :tiphat: Also FYI Im at 13 females and 10 unsexed, so it's looking really good my goal was 15females from start cause it was roughly half so were getting there soon , Odour was a problem some days ago, but it wasnt the plants, rather the smell of the fertilizer when i applied it, the smell dissapeard when the soil absorbed it but i guess its fair to say im not a good aimer lol, so i set up the Diy carbon filter its working great but I wanted to be on the safe so also ordered a 1L Ona gel fresh linen odour from ebay, for something like 24$ with free shipping... great deal :yes: