What's new

Sandnuts Autoflower Jungle

LastWaltz

how much noise does your air pump put out?

Some of the commercial pumps ive been looking at say they are SUPER SILENT, but im not putting my trust into what they say without anyone vouching for it... lol

that would be my only concern about going hydro.. i need to keep it quiet OUTSIDE of this room.

The Rena air pump I have with my cab door closed is indistinguishable from the computer running in my room. My 2nd pump is a submersible one that sits in the DWC bucket, honestly its great and is dead silent. From outside the room there is no way you would be able to hear them.

As for the commercial ones, the guy at my hydro store ran an 6 outlet one on the counter and it was definitely louder but I still think it would be fine.

IMHO though I would never run with a single pump, I have two so that if one fails the other keeps that plants alive. I go away for a day or two at a time for work so having two gives me peace of mind.

Cheers

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
so i guess i shouldnt start to think about chopping untill the 55-70 range (?), I dont have a 30x scope unfortunately...

thanks man :) ...Indeed, I'm planning to buy a 400w hps/mh ballast along with a cooltube, a tent and some other stuff, those are first on my list, but im very much leaning towards dwc.. cn't wait :dance013:

If ya dont have a scope i would pull around the 65-70 day mark as they really thicken up at the end, and your gonna need it flowering with cfls... a 400 hps.mh with a cooltube would be very nice depending on the space you have.. If you have the money then go for DWC! :wave:

Sandnut

The Rena air pump I have with my cab door closed is indistinguishable from the computer running in my room. My 2nd pump is a submersible one that sits in the DWC bucket, honestly its great and is dead silent. From outside the room there is no way you would be able to hear them.

As for the commercial ones, the guy at my hydro store ran an 6 outlet one on the counter and it was definitely louder but I still think it would be fine.

IMHO though I would never run with a single pump, I have two so that if one fails the other keeps that plants alive. I go away for a day or two at a time for work so having two gives me peace of mind.

Cheers

thank you! and really good point I didnt even think of that, im deff gonna go with 2 aswell to be on the safe side.. :yes:

If ya dont have a scope i would pull around the 65-70 day mark as they really thicken up at the end, and your gonna need it flowering with cfls... a 400 hps.mh with a cooltube would be very nice depending on the space you have.. If you have the money then go for DWC!
wave.gif

Sounds like a good plan.. I was looking into a 90x50x160 tent cause it would fit really nice in the corner but im thinking about going with a larger one just to really make use of that 400w, I'll see how much money I have to play with in the end :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
mate i have a 90 x 60 x 180 and i can show you a pic of what 1 auto in a tent that size looks like grown in dwc and then you can decide wether or not its gonna be big enough for what you wanna achieve???

Sandnut

mate i have a 90 x 60 x 180 and i can show you a pic of what 1 auto in a tent that size looks like grown in dwc and then you can decide wether or not its gonna be big enough for what you wanna achieve???

Yea please do, are you talking about the pic above or is that a different one?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nah mate that is a flo x wreck plant and thats inside my current tent lol

this is after she has been trimmed

18042010976.jpg

18042010972.jpg

and this is before at about 7 weeks i think and she is already about touching the sides, it gives you an idea anyways, 1 auto grown dwc will fill a tent that size, if you grow 1 auto under 400 watt which i dont think is advised in a tent that size your gonna quickly run outta space

11042010914.jpg

just so you know i had to finish that auto off outside the tent for the last 2 weeks lol

Sandnut

DAMN, she's huge, onyx ye?

and i was planning to run like atleast 4 buckets,
you saved me that panic sutiation, thx lol

what size would be suitible do you think?
Id rather go too big than too small,obviously, but prices rise by the size pretty much aswell

also if im not asking for too much id like to hear what nutes i should be looking at? theres sooo many out there, ive been looking at the hesi line , they have been around long enough to prove they are decent and price is ok,

I remember reading in your thread that you werent too happy with canna?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
DAMN, she's huge, onyx ye?

and i was planning to run like atleast 4 buckets,
you saved me that panic sutiation, thx lol

what size would be suitible do you think?
Id rather go too big than too small,obviously, but prices rise by the size pretty much aswell

also if im not asking too much id like to hear what nutes i should be looking at? theres sooo many out there, ive been looking at the hesi line , they have been around long enough to prove they are decent and price is ok,

I remember reading in your thread that you werent too happy with canna?

yeah that was an onyx grown under cfl

as for tent size??? the biggest you can afford

and as for 4 buckets id learn to walk before you can run

id start out with maybe 1 or 2 and get a feel for it 1st, learn the basics and then progress to more buckets if you feel the need

as far as canna nutes go they are good it was the canna boost i found to be overpriced, after doing a side by side grow with the blue cheese i found there was no difference in taste at the end of the grow and the 1 without the boost yielded more but she did have carboload for 1 1/2 weeks, thats when i switched to just carboload and i wouldnt grow without that stuff , its half the price of the canna boost and it enhances the smell and brings out the plants true flavour

as far as nutes go ive only used canna scroggerman swears by vitalink and ive seen lots of people using ghe 3 part nutes (which is specificaly designed for hydro ) with good results in dwc the only thing you need to watch out for when buying nutes is to get hard or soft water depending on what ec your water has :)

again with your nutes keep it simple all you need is

a base nutrient - canna aqua or vitalink max or ghe 3 part (soft or hard depending on your tap water)

root stimulator - rhizotonic or excelurator most people use rhizotonic cause it works but if money is not a problem then excelurator

pk supplement - pk13/14, hammerhead , buddy etc

bloom boost - cha ching , bloombastic canna boost bud candy top bud the list is endless, me personally have just chose to stick with carboload over the bloom boost product because its cheap and ive seen the results myself a lot of bloomboosts are purely a ripoff and its just a marketing ploy to get you to spend money ask any decent grower

in fact id do a grow without a bloom boost and then do 1 with it and see if it makes any difference

have a look in the hydro section and see what them peeps are using and what results their getting in dwc i think the majority use ghe

well theres a few things for you to think about and research lol

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
no worries :good:

the only true way to learn something is by actually doing it, you can spend hours reading shit on here and think you have it all susssed out but when it comes to you doing it yourself you realise everything you read has gone out the window lol

i keep my eyes peeled for your deep water adventures :)

Sandnut

Laaadiiiies............. they are looking good and i see they are ripening up everyother day now and the youngsters are also taking off ! It's a shame that I suck at taking pictures but it's really hard with the chicken wire in way of shooting the ladies in the back I'll blame that... :dance013:

Sandnut

Two shots of a BB with purple calyxes, she also has a really funny looking colour on the pistills looking almost like glowing orange colour comming out of it

Random shots of the youngest ones

The ones around the vertical setup

And a beautiful looking BB, this one also has stronger orange colour on the pistills but green calyxes

picture.php

Sandnut

LOL look at this small bastard, its an ALF #3 grown in a pot smaller than 1L ...
Not much comming outta this one but it has a very nice bud structure,, so i figured id chop it to make room for the bigger, its ready as far as i can tell!

Sandnut

I harvested half of the ladies in the grow cab,,, I found better use of my micro pc cab i made a while ago, the plan was to grow something exotic in that thing but i never bothered to, so im using it as a cure box, its perfect! theyre all drying up in there and theres some buds in jars.. all kinds of smells comming outta there but I'll go into that later when its finished!

I have to admit I did sin!!I just couldn't wait I smoked like 5G together with a friend,, which i quick cured in the oven, 50c for 20min~,, it was decent for quick cured bud,, It was greaaat to smoke some weed after having a 3month break :)!

picture.php

Sandnut

I wont be growing for 2month cuz im going away for some travels soon,,
I hope to get back onto my next project asap as i get back tho

Id like to make a seed run for the outdoor season .. :tiphat: