What's new

San Diego's Finest Cuts

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
doco-and anyone else that has or will have MADNESS. funny story. the last of my pm outbreak before i started burning sulphor hit the last madness plant i grew. i was so disgusted by this that i threw almost the entire plant, still wet into the freezer for maybe a lil lesson in isohash later on down the road. i did leave the cola out, as there were quite a few little unaffected nugs. i was still pissed, so it just kinda sat on my counter for the last four weeks-no jar, no bag, just a branch laying out. over the last two days some of my bro's have come over and we hit it a lil bit. THAT SHIT IS STILL SO DANK even after that abuse! matter of fact, it was by far the dankest MADNESS ive grown or seen yet. aint irony a bitch?.......sub

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
absolutely bro. 100% vegan organic. it even held its texture-still moist and sticky, even after my unspeakable abuse of the cola! just when i think we have her completely dialed in she surprises us. im sure you will do wonders with her!

W

Whatever

That's basically my experience with organics...and why most likely I'll never grow any other way now. Only way I can see the differences is I basically messed with the same strain for over 2 years. Ran it GH in rockwool, AN in coco then organics in soil. The GH and AN programs came from commercial growers so pretty dialed in already. The organic cycles were by far the best hands down.

Doco

Yea, I am going back to soil after this run myself. The hydro definitely produces more bulk but so far my experience is that flavor and aroma are superior in soil. I think the nug density may be better in soil too but Ive only got 10 or 12 grows under my belt, half with hydro, half soil. In soil, I only have experience with Pure Blend Pro (quasi-organic I think)

My Madness should be ready to chop this week - she is 9 weeks tomorrow and still showing mostly cloudy with some clear and a very few amber. I'll have some photos up tomorrow - its my day off so I can get in and take some pics before the HPS comes on and discolors everything.

She looks pretty good and I will definitely keep her around for future runs - I still think I need to work on her nutrient reqs. and vegging period to get her dialed in - I'm sure she can do way better than my mediocre first attempt here.

Sub: maybe you've stumbled on to a new curing technique!

Last edited:
W

Whatever

I think the nug density may be better in soil too
Density is influenced by a few factors. If you wanna try kicking things up a notch try flowering a cycle under warm halides once you think you have everything dialed in. It'll affect bud structure and most importantly fragrance/flavor/high type complexity...especially with sat dominant/leaning strains :rasta:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
"What you know about kush....?"
Picture081.jpg

Last edited:

Doco

Sic nugs BHT - Go Bolts!! But instead of Chargers they'd be the stumblers after an encounter with that nice looking dankness. :joint:

W

Whatever

Gawd...even if they didn't smoke anything they should still be called the Bumblers...lol. I mean if it wasn't for LT where would they be at? He's a great RB. I still remember Dan Fouts from when I was growing up. I kind of remember that game where Kellen Winslow put on a superman performance. It's also a shame someone like Marino never got a ring.

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
"What you know about kush...?"
Picture081.jpg

...figured you might like to have seen her prior to being chopped up and suffocated for a few days.

^^
How many other hobbies can you make a statement like that?

Last edited:
W

Whatever

How many other hobbies can you make a statement like that?
LOL...it all looks GREAT. Wish I had smell-a-vision though...taste-a-vision would be even better. I'll take the nugget on the upper right.

Any friend of Subrob is a friend of mine :jump:

clones in temecula

clones in temecula

Hey san Diego....i just saw on WT a dispensary in Temecula that had a bunch of differnt cuts (good strains too). I thnk their name was clones2grow and they had a few differnt kushs, chems, and some others. their strains were very tempting. looks like their going to have alot more on the way too.. i haven't seen their cuts, so i can't vouch for the quality. don't think they deliver, so you would probably have to drive to temec. but it still beats driving to LA. i think if you call them, you can reserve cuts before you drive up.
:rasta:

Nice Pics BHT....which kush is that?? do you still have that "Kushstar" going??

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
A good chunk of Clones2Grows offerings are the same as APES. Nice to see another source for quality genetics. $20 each is pricey but manageable if you're only going to get a couple to mother out. I haven't actually seen their cuts but initial reports sound like they're producing quality.

Peace

Doco

Can't seem to post pictures in my gallery so this is a test using imageshack:

SD Madness at 9 weeks and still showing many clear and cloudy with very little amber yet. I had planned on taking her within the next day or two but she seems willing to go on so I will let her take her own time ripening. Started flushing a week ago with final phase.

the last pic is for Dragor who asked for a closeup -

I'm pretty stoked about having this strain and can't wait to see how she does in soil. It will have to wait a couple of months though since we've got Hogsbreath and Jedi next in the lineup - only SD's Finest for me!

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
doco-such a nice job with her! your gonna love smoking her. she tastes very unique and has a great stone. me and my bro were just saying MADNESS is something you want a jar of at all times.

anikas88

Sup everyone? just have a question, how many of you are growing ape cuts>? I currently have his shrom,hindu kush, c99. cherry ak47, lion piss, romulan. Although some look the same now, also has anyone had spidermites on theirs? Hes a great guy, and came out to spray them but the whole spidermite thing killed it for me, anyways anyone have info let me know

G

guest5703

Have you tried using floramite?? I live by it for spidermites, I've seen it take a whole plant full of mites and a whole room full and there gone in a week! seriously gone! Something about floramite, it gets into the plants system and the mites dont like it or they die or something. Hope that helps, PEACE

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
anikas88 said:
Sup everyone? just have a question, how many of you are growing ape cuts>? I currently have his shrom,hindu kush, c99. cherry ak47, lion piss, romulan. Although some look the same now, also has anyone had spidermites on theirs? Hes a great guy, and came out to spray them but the whole spidermite thing killed it for me, anyways anyone have info let me know

I have Blackberry Kush, Grape Ape, Purple Queen, & GDP all from APE going right now. I've seen quiet a few of his other strains done too. There was a period of time when Powdery Mildew was a little bit of a prob but so far, I haven't seen bugs on his cuts.

Mites can be nasty but if you get them early and often enough they can be eradicated. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions but i have found a mix of pyrethrin & neem to be an effective control. Be aware though....This mix is strong enough that it will burn & possibly kill the weakest of babies

I'm curious about the Romulan you picked up. I've been looking for a good version for awhile. Glad to see APE is carrying it now.

Peace

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Well,,, now that we have put those cheatn rascals (bill and his patriots) to bed,, maybe LT can get them out his head and we can progress. fuckn RIVERS had best of been practicing on off season... :spank: :spank:

Doco:: LMAO, stumblers>>great lookn madness,, those colas huge, GJ. Glad to see the hogsbreath is making it around!!! HOW do you PRESERVE a strain in an illegal market? do you hoard it? NO. do you build an underground grow shelter and lock it up for time and time?? nope.. you share that bitch, like the drunk gurl you brought home who wont leave,,,you make sure everyones hit it at least once.

Whatever:: shit,, if they ever create taste a vision,, i dont think anyone would ever leave joeshmoes page. wed have a bunch of overweight cannabis induced coma paitents :muahaha: p.s. your welcome to a nug or two (or four) whatever fits yer style,,,hope to see yah at the git-to-gether with brotha sub,,,eating subs,,LMAO

CelbrityKush:: dont you know CK? im AnxiousAndy,,,the Reefer Pack-Rat Fiend. i got more moms than plants flowering<<<where IS tha LOGIC?? :rasta: lineage: Roadkill Skunk x (Hindu Kush x Afghan) <<VERY potent fawkn weed,, i smoke this shit everyday and it never build tolerance, from morning smoke to bedtime smoke,,it will floor you constatntly,, love it.

ok>>got me some work to do.. to keep it ez mah dago bredrin. -BhT