What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Yes
Please share your secrets to avoiding duddedness

avant gardener

Veteran
you guys know of any hydro shops that do warranties on Quantum digital ballast???
I bought one back in may and it just blew out last night. Was hoping maybe someone knew of a local shop that sold quantums, and that they would hopefully replace or fix it

quantum is distributed by R & M
(they make the CAP controllers too)
their website shows 11 retailers in dago.
mighty, family, and green trees aren't on the list.
santee is though.

http://www.randmsupply.com/retailers.php

marrdogg

Veteran
Been checking the dubb out think some type of way it's a cal/mag problem. If you look real good when they start dudding the uppermost shoots will start forming smaller leaves while developing rust spots. The leaves will get pal and brittle the stalks even become brittle and snap easily. Now Joesy will atest this is one of my favorite strains to smoke and been beating my head up over what goes wrong with them. Well some way don't know how it all ties in but between calcium, magnesium and maybe iron. Last dubb dudded on me have two going now one dud one fine the difference that I can see between the two as far as growing conditions are concerned is temps. Dud plant receives co2 with relative humidity between 47%-51%. Temps between 78-83 degrees. Dud plants temps stay between 72-77 degrees with 20% humidity and the plant is thriving. Dud plants night time temps are 75-77 degrees, other fine plant temp sometimes dip to 60 degrees never above 72. Don't know if maybe this also plays a part in what's happening. My theory is the plant gets stressed somehow which affects it's ability to process certain nutrient compounds. Hope don't sound crazy and kinda made some sense! PEACE!

Dorky

Blackharry I mean Blackberry Rhino @ 30

Jack @ 28

Both from PO. My buddy is running Blackberry from SDCC and says it looks the same. I wish tey would get some fire on there list. Cause LA traffic sux

ProblemChild

Marrdogg-crazy theory, its weird I have only had duds with that plant I asummed it was just over, and taken its toll or in the genes, It is aswell sum of my fav tasting herb as well I racked my brains too many times to count on the sour dubble before just calling it quits months ago when I got dt7 and adub..

Well it Dtubtechs got snow last night and more seems to be on the forecast I'm stoked, def smells like str8 ether with a mentholy pengent slight slight dubb undertone, ether smell is there strong no doubt tho..

PO man P fucking O, sum friends had quite the experience over the last 2 weeks with PO.

EDIT sorry marrdogg you ad chemoboi have the same avatar thought it was him didn't even look at the name lol

marrdogg

Veteran
Got some dubtechs going also and I do agree with the smell just not as sweet as the dub. I do see that she likes to stretch moreso than I thought, she's def a grower and very vigorous.

KRD

The duddedness comes from being to wet I have ran the dub many many times havent had a dud in a couple years. When clones stay to wet they stop drinking kind of like turning them off. I try and keep all my stuff on the dry side and my stuff always grows pretty fast. I have had a sour dub mom that was 8-9 months old 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide never threw any duds.

praisehim.

Veteran
^^ there it is. Krd is the fella that told me this, thats how i figured it out. Thats one reason i like p.o... because theyre clones dont ever stay there long enough to get dudded aka soaked..over and over again.

Whoever mentioned p.o and wasnt too happy, im sorry, theyve always delivered for me. I would definetely give them another chance. I've got Ogs from them that i'll never let go.

pc- glad you got some frost bud. I'll hit you up when back in town. :)

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dudds can be spotted in veg right out of the gate
you dont have to wait until flower to see them

you can tell (well, i can tell) immediately with the leaf growth (instead of wide fat leaves it throws more webbed looking fans) and node/plant structure.
unfortunately a few of the dubbs i got went gone duddy
those were watered a little too much aka i didnt transplant them right away and tried to keep them going in the tray for a few extra days.
ill have to take some pics tonight or maybe tomorrow if i can to show you what i mean regarding spotting dudds in vegg.

i like keeping my girls in coco on the drier side anyways... so it shouldnt be a problem for me further but i think you have to keep on your shit super duper on your shit no slacking allowed cant be a fucking lazy stoner... you cant slip or you could throw yourself for a dudd....

my thoughts....

Dorky

PO man P fucking O, sum friends had quite the experience over the last 2 weeks with PO.

Every trip to to PO had been good except the last one in dec was crap. Got free broad mites. The guy vending me the clones was rushing me and gave me quite a few crappy cuts.

Where you at Apes reopening in San Diego and picked up some Burkle cuts?

praisehim.

Veteran
dudds can be spotted in veg right out of the gate
you dont have to wait until flower to see them

you can tell (well, i can tell) immediately with the leaf growth (instead of wide fat leaves it throws more webbed looking fans) and node/plant structure.
unfortunately a few of the dubbs i got went gone duddy
those were watered a little too much aka i didnt transplant them right away and tried to keep them going in the tray for a few extra days.
ill have to take some pics tonight or maybe tomorrow if i can to show you what i mean regarding spotting dudds in vegg.

i like keeping my girls in coco on the drier side anyways... so it shouldnt be a problem for me further but i think you have to keep on your shit super duper on your shit no slacking allowed cant be a fucking lazy stoner... you cant slip or you could throw yourself for a dudd....

my thoughts....

another thing i might add that i've noticed, is the branches grow to the sides instead of up. I call it chandelering. cause they look like chandelers..lol.

marrdogg

Veteran
Thanks!

Thanks!

The duddedness comes from being to wet I have ran the dub many many times havent had a dud in a couple years. When clones stay to wet they stop drinking kind of like turning them off. I try and keep all my stuff on the dry side and my stuff always grows pretty fast. I have had a sour dub mom that was 8-9 months old 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide never threw any duds.
Very, Very valuable info for me. I do see them in veg but always think to myself I can bring it back, but good looking man right on time with that. PEACE!

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
another thing i might add that i've noticed, is the branches grow to the sides instead of up. I call it chandelering. cause they look like chandelers..lol.

AWESOME
true
they do!!!
the stems are way weaker looking the way they go out and up instead of just up.

you know what, ive been looking at my bhthogsbreath - the lone one to root for me damnit - and its been doing the candelabra/chandelering thing and ive been kinda shaking my head going "ah man not you too!"

ill have to take pics of that one too...

marrdogg

Veteran
EDIT sorry marrdogg you ad chemoboi have the same avatar thought it was him didn't even look at the name lol
Not a prob PC!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Every trip to to PO had been good except the last one in dec was crap. Got free broad mites. The guy vending me the clones was rushing me and gave me quite a few crappy cuts.

Where you at Apes reopening in San Diego and picked up some Burkle cuts?

I agree sometimes the quality of po's cuts are not the "best" but if they're green and have roots any grower worth his weight should have no problem turning the mediocre cutting into a healthy vigorous momma....sometimes it might take a while....just sayin making legit genetics so widely available is doing a service of its own, I'd rather get a somewhat healthy REAL OG than a super healthy waste my time on another fake ass faux G cut...

.....rule number 1 from taking cuts from ANYONE...quarantine and pest prevention BEFORE ever getting close to the real garden

they provide us with a more or less reliable source of clones and should be thanked for what they do for us as growers..

I personally have never dealt with ape(I'm a lot closer to po than dago), but he's got a good reputation which is all anyone's really got in this game and I wouldn't hesitate to grab cuts from either ape or po...they both have solid reputations for not giving out crap genetics....pests can be expected on clones from any source and here they will always get treated like theyre infested wheter they are or not, just as a precaution...

keep on killin it dagins

praisehim.

Veteran
well put WHADEEZ. :)

greyskull- yeah man, candelabras... they grow sideways and snap with ease when packing nugs.. boy do i hate em. haha. hope your hogs not doing that, if it is, i'd take some cuts.. re root, put em outside, then take cuts off those....it usually works for me.

ProblemChild

Ape back in daygo? Reopenin? Thoguht he just opened up is Oakland..

I still got the burkle around sumwhere, I personally liike her, although I never grown Kens GDP or Urkle still would like to, but as for the burkle she's nice go to bed med, great bag appeal gets totally COVERED with resin, and can put out decent yield with a long enough veg time and enough root space, taste is straight purple grapey bubba.. think she would do good with a cross back to the urkle for stronger purple traits, hopefully keep the bubba nug structure so they don't sacrifice too much yield..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts