What's new

San Diegos Finest Cuts #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
yo humble - not to start any drama... But why you gonna call that mandarin kush, when it really is the grapefruit haze.... Wether you think it smells like grapefruits, or has any haze influence... It is most definitely the grapefruit haze cut, that IS what it is.. Why the name change? Thats EXACTLY what bugs me about dispensaries, and the medical scene name game... People who change names just so things will sell better.....

OsWiZzLe

if u use Silica plan on taking a hit on in the taste Department....dont use it past weeks 3 or 4...if u do...your nugs arent gonna taste nearly as good....if u use it in the right way...you'll get stronger branches and shoots which can hold more weight ...it helps negate heat and drought damage done....

I dont use it....i like me palate to taste like sweet fine ganja all day

humbleguy

Veteran
yo humble - not to start any drama... But why you gonna call that mandarin kush, when it really is the grapefruit haze.... Wether you think it smells like grapefruits, or has any haze influence... It is most definitely the grapefruit haze cut, that IS what it is.. Why the name change? Thats EXACTLY what bugs me about dispensaries, and the medical scene name game... People who change names just so things will sell better.....
Whoever gave her the name Grapefruit Haze anyway? Anybody have the story on this one?
looks like a lemon smells like an orange...
If I plant a lemon tree to find it grows oranges I'm not going to call it a lemon tree, but that's just me... Relax, We can call it GrapeFruit Haze or whatever you want to call it.

and whoever said anything about selling......

picture.php

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Humble - you've got the darkest leaves in the game. All you strains had a great dark green (and healthy) look. It makes for awesome pics when you have all those yummy trichs. Nice Contrast. I wonder if you grew Black Domina if you would have the same darkness. I grew her for many cycles and she was neon green towards the end (with a good flush). Great weed too. Rock hard nugs.

i might have to switch to DWC soon. Seems to have super fast growth. but i dont know if i want to switch too much around at once. ...Gonna try my first vert soon. just a 400 cuz summer heat always F's up my summer grow. Plus i would definitly have to get a chiller. $$

Peace and rep bro

humbleguy

Veteran
word Nate/Calcio good to see you fellas around... Voodoo where's your Saturday Morning Grow show bro? I was looking forward to that Thaitanium....

V

Voodoo

Hmm, looks like I will have to take a few more pics. Yesterday her fan leaves started turning purple. Satellite leaves are purple blending into black tips.

Lower branches at 8 weeks were potent and had a heavy taste of mint thai! I was NOT expecting that! :dance013:

You are absolutely right about her being a week behind. Too much humidity early into flowering stunted growth speeds. I cut both Amstel Golds to make more room in my slightly over crowed flowering area. Problem solved. In veg, I installed a couple small fans and the problem cleared right up.

Those Amstels (which turned out to be "Cali Orange Bud") ended up being surprisingly tasty and better than anyone thought! The strength of the stone is meh(6/10), mind numbing but very controllable. Predominantly indica, though somewhat up. The taste, smell, you name it, is oranges and citrusy.

Ill take some pics of the lineup for you all tomorrow.

Currently;
LA Confidential (Afgani X OG Kush)
"Grape Warhead" (Sour Diesel X Grape Ape X Fire OG Kush)
G13 "Airborne"
*blank's* Fire OG Kush
Chocolope (Chocolate Thai X Cantaloupe Haze)
Alien Dawg "Cherry" (Alien Technology Afgahni X Chem Dawg)
Chernobyl "Thaitanium" (Trainwreck X Trinity X Jack the Ripper)

and of course, the never ending "East Coast" Sour Diesel project..

Oh and btw, I have 8-10 net pots lying around. Im not going to use em, Im sold on Terra Plus Pro. If you need em, they're yours.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Yea humble I'm still around good to see you as well mate. :) Hopefully my GF Haze will come out as good as yours. I know my cuts are legit because I just saw the mom tonight at 42 days in flower and it looks almost identical to your pics. :) I did some research and found a "Grapefruit Haze" that is supposedly Neville's Haze x Grapefruit. Don't know how legit it is. I found 3 different seed companies that the name was under. Sensi and Female were 2 of them and I think the 3rd was Next Generation Seed Co. Who knows where this one came from or if it has ties to any of these 3 strains. All I know is its a frosty, frosty plant with a nice yield. It has great citrus smell and taste(grapefruit sometimes, tangerine-clementine sometimes) almost bordering diesel and hits like a locomotive! I can't really pinpoint the buzz and how long it stays on because I was trying all different sorts at the time.

Those Amstels (which turned out to be "Cali Orange Bud") ended up being surprisingly tasty and better than anyone thought! The strength of the stone is meh(6/10), mind numbing but very controllable. Predominantly indica, though somewhat up. The taste, smell, you name it, is oranges and citrusy.

Dead on with the description. Was still some awesome bud Voo. Once again thanks for sharing. :)

Currently;
"Grape Warhead" (Sour Diesel X Grape Ape X Fire OG Kush)

Is that what you are calling it? I like it. :) I can't wait to see what it does in flower!

guest396

good morning everybody! voodoo, i'm sorry i suck at the everyday interaction that the fellas are so used to, but i just remembered about the huge cfls i used to use for veg! home depot style baby! under $15. and 300 watts output. i only remembered, well, for one cause you kill it with cfl brother, and two, i'm showing my sons friend how to rock HID's and he was doing cfl pretty nicely and i remembered to bring him my cfl when i thought of you.....:tiphat:
they are by TCP model 28968 or TCP28968RP 2700K 68W

*journeyman*, hey i notice you take a different approach to your thoughts on the application of such things as calcium and such(i like it). to get to the point, what is your opinion on the effects of nutrient and light as well on powdery mildew and or other diseases???? and if you will maybe take a stab at this thing that some call TMV Rob just calls it MV now.....sometime things are right there in front of us and we just need someone else to point them out. please share your thoughts/opinions on these matters, if you will....

Thanks in advance

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^hey bro, journey has left the building....again..haha...im sure he will be back....
...as far as the MV goes...i dont know that there is anything even called just 'mosaic virus' but, i really dont think it is TMV as my understanding is TMV kills your crop. spreads to everything it touches...according to multiple sources...the whole subject led to so much hating and arguing this past year(bizarre i know, but true) here on the boards that everyone kinda walked away from the subject without getting to the bottom of it. wish i knew, im just hoping one of these chem d cuts w out the virus is the legit cut.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
....which brings me to my next question or questions...breeding a strain w this virus....i seem to remember gt having some thoughts on the subject....the mv passing on to seeds...what about aliendawg? the cherry pheno obviously(to me) has it, yet the ether pheno obviously doesnt...anybody have thought or theory on how this happened if the mv came from chem d mama?

humbleguy

Veteran
The cherry pheno is seriously variegated for me as well. I don't think viral infections will survive the reproductive process as I believe they require actively growing tissue as hosting material.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
i crossed the larry og, which had the 'virus'... I one time thought i saw the leaf curl/twist show up in the f1's. But it wasnt super defined, and it never showed up again. so im not totally sure. But in the many many generations of clones taken since, i have yet to see any of the virus show up on the f1

V

Voodoo

good morning everybody! voodoo, i'm sorry i suck at the everyday interaction that the fellas are so used to, but i just remebered about the huge cfls i used to use for veg! home depot style baby! under $15. and 300 watts output. i only remebered, well, for one cause you kill it with cfl brother, and two, i'm showing my sons friend how to rock HID's and he was doing cfl pretty nicely and i remembered to bring him my cfl when i thought of you.....:tiphat:
they are by TCP model 28968 or TCP28968RP 2700K 68W

Hey thanks for that info, Ill have to check em out. Oh and massive thanks for the compliments, Im just trying not to kill em.:)

Alright, so on to the fun stuff:
The LA Confidential I was handing out at the PNC clone off is now big enough (tortured enough) that I feel right tossing her into flower. Shes a spindly little grower, with looooong shoots that eventually veg out. She has a habit of turning into a bush and then killing off nearly al of her old leaves from over crowding. Should be the worlds most excellent SCROG/LST plant.
100_2001.jpg

G13 Airborne is a pretty, pretty plant. It flowers like whoa, it grows like whoa, I think I may have found a favorite indy despite having never smoked her.
100_2004.jpg

LOL this image is actually mislabeled. This is the Grape Ape X Sour Diesel X Fire OG Kush. I believe the plant to be a Grape Ape X Sour Diesel combination that was crossed to Fire based on the VERY OG KUSH growth structure. It smells great, though it (like my fire) is very finicky and has a habit of developing PM in humidity levels of anything over about 55% which can be a real pain in the ass.

I think Im going to call her "Grape Warhead" cause its sour, firey and grapey. If you can come up with something better that *actually explains what the plant's genetics are* lay it on me, I will rename it that.
100_2002.jpg

My Fire OG is pretty looking and super finicky. Look at all that bear claw action. ;)
100_2008.jpg

Chocolope is a producer. Its starting to smell like mint toothpaste. I have really high hopes for this thing - what can I say, I love thais.
100_2007.jpg

Alien Dawg Cherry is going to beat the record in both quantity and quality. Lower branches (6 week cut) are incapacitating and taste like cherry lifesavers despite being smoked before curing!
100_2003.jpg

Who knew Chernobyl was a purple plant? She's got at least 3 more weeks, I want total shift.
100_2006.jpg

100_2005.jpg

Sub's cut of sour diesel was made for flouros. Probably another 4-5 weeks left, top of the colas are starting to purple nicely.
100_2009.jpg

Thats all for me this week gents, gotta get back to brewing beers! :dance013:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cherry pheno is seriously variegated for me as well. I don't think viral infections will survive the reproductive process as I believe they require actively growing tissue as hosting material.
...so you think the 'cherry' picked up whatever is causing that variegation after the pheno was selected?(cuz im not seeing any sign of it in the ether) this is what im hoping for...cuz i would love to mix some flavors w the chem d, hopefully keeping the potency but cutting down on the mouth infection aroma!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i crossed the larry og, which had the 'virus'... I one time thought i saw the leaf curl/twist show up in the f1's. But it wasnt super defined, and it never showed up again. so im not totally sure. But in the many many generations of clones taken since, i have yet to see any of the virus show up on the f1

another weird thing...im seeing the variegation, but not really the leaf curl as much as on chem d herself, though this round of chem d, im not seeing near the amount of curl either!
....i would love to find a daddy in the ecsd x sour dab backcross that gives off that sweet blue smell like pheno b of the sour dab. or the larryberry or the crackberry, and pass it on to chem d, keeping the chem d potency! those would be seeds worth buying!

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Thank you sir, I do what I can to please the thc gods. Yes we are, umm Imperial Stout I believe. You coming by with Moldy?

Is Moldy coming by? Shit I just got done uploading a bunch of pics of what we are doing(mostly Moldy), gonna log off the comp for a while...I might stop by, I'll give you a call...

KRD

Looking good voodoo, how long are you gonna take that cherry ad ? Hey sub I dont believe that tmv story myself, I have had my chem d since early 08 it had symptoms veriegated twisty leaves on 25 pecent of all clones. Since then I have rotated the mother at least 10 times and never get a single one for the last year or so. And it hasnt spread to any of my other plants The cherry ad didnt have it until it got cloned a couple times and I shared blades with both ad phenos because they came from my place from seed, but the ether pheno hasnt shown one time I think its a genetic thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts