What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

avant gardener

Veteran
what's final solution for broad mites? i haven't run up against them yet—like so many recirc hydro guys, root rot has been my bugaboo—but i know it's just a matter of time.

i hear floramite.
i hear permetherin.
i hear spinosad.
i hear a lot of bullshit too.

what's the fix?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
In my experience Avid worked better than Forbid. Avid was one & done

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
What's she smell/taste like smoketrees?

smells like a subtle urkle/purp smell, with a slight diesel twist. The overall smell is pretty mild, but i think that has more to do with her not being completely dialed. Taste wise i almost get a sort of NYCD like taste. Like real petrol gas like. Not overpowering,kind of hidden in there more than anything. Its definitely got some kick, cant help but cough from the expansion everytime i snap a bong hit of it. The effects are pretty immediate, and a strong head effect, but with decent body as well. Almost similar effects to the adubb, but not nearly as strong. The pics arent the best, and dont really give a true representation of the look of the buds. They kind of have a slight purple look to them in natural lighting.
Anyways im sure subrob will be able to give a better, less biased judgement on the 'P-Dub'
Im thinking ill sprout the rest of the urkle x sour dub VERY soon. As well as some of the valley x dub and southwest x dub

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
heres one of the top colas. without flash it looks completely purp, but with the flash it doesnt have much of a purp color at all. Im hoping when better grown and taken at 10weeks opossed to 8 it will go fully purp
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
what's final solution for broad mites? i haven't run up against them yet—like so many recirc hydro guys, root rot has been my bugaboo—but i know it's just a matter of time.

i hear floramite.
i hear permetherin.
i hear spinosad.
i hear a lot of bullshit too.

what's the fix?

say bruh if u got root rot go get some Dutch Master ZONE it works good aginst that

ProblemChild

^^ or brew up sum hisenberg tea aka bennies tea, it wil eat all the slime and junk off your roots and keep em healthy and white, very good trick for DWC or Recirc hydro sysytems, all you need is 1 cup per ten gal of dechorinated water or apply a cup directly to your roots, its all organic so won't hurt your plants. Check it out

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Cuts of the Grand Daddy Purple

picture.php

Purple Haze x Meao Thai F1's at about 11 weeks.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Starting to lose the rubber smell in favor of tropical fruit.

Sweet Lou

No broad mites here because every strains looks kickass that were right next to them all I can say is some odd mutant thing. When I tossed them they were about 4 weeks in flower and looked to be in perfect health but maybe 5 weeks but had zero odor and lacked everything sour Dub had and I grew her for a couple years before I found my first Dudd. I also let her dry out a bit to see if that might be it but no deal. Zoo:tumbleweed:

avant gardener

Veteran
say bruh if u got root rot go get some Dutch Master ZONE it works good aginst that

^^ or brew up sum hisenberg tea aka bennies tea, it wil eat all the slime and junk off your roots and keep em healthy and white, very good trick for DWC or Recirc hydro sysytems, all you need is 1 cup per ten gal of dechorinated water or apply a cup directly to your roots, its all organic so won't hurt your plants. Check it out

thx.
been down those roads though.

zone is great for a minute. pythium develops a tolerance to chlorine rather quickly though. besides, pool shock is the same stuff minus the fancy label and price tag—$65 per gallon vs. $4 per 12,000 gallons. now i'm not real good at math, but i'm pretty sure that's less money.

as for the teas, i run dead rez these days. i know they work for a lot of folks. all i ever got was a bunch of slime and no real improvement in my root zone.

here was the fix that finally worked for me-

to treat mid-run:
1. physan 20 @ 1ml per 5 gallons for 24 hours
2. clear water flush
3. ridomil gold (early veg ONLY)@1ml per 5 gallons for 24 hours
4. clear water flush
5. resume feeding schedule

to sterilize between runs:
1. physan 20 @ 5 ml per gallon
2. flush
3. star-san (phosphoric acid no-rinse brewery sanitizer)
4. flush again (cause ocd ain't nothing nice)

maintenance:
1. sm-90
2. pool shock (or other chlorinated product)
3. UV pond sterilizer@36 watts per 100 gallons of rez.

it keeps everything crisp and clear.

to be honest, i still add weak physan the day before nute changes and h2o2 when the new nutes go in, but this is probably superfluous. (see note about ocd above)

Last edited:

ProblemChild

UHN- I picked up sum cuts of "kens grand daddy purp" they look a lot different then yours the leafs are thicker, I've got it in flower right now only 14 days in tho so shitsjust begining ill get some shots when she's worth of pics

Advant- sucks that didn't work your you man the bennies tea always keeps my roots healy and helps break down the guanos in the soil to be available for the the plant to eat, I'm in soil tho so there more benifit of using it in soils especally with organics and feeding teas.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
UHN- I picked up sum cuts of "kens grand daddy purp" they look a lot different then yours the leafs are thicker, I've got it in flower right now only 14 days in tho so shitsjust begining ill get some shots when she's worth of pics

Ahh man UHN this is def the GDP ya gotta run. I know it sucks but you're better off just culling the ones you have there and getting ahold of Kens cut. Just do a little research on it and you'll see what I mean.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks for the heads up gang. To be honest, these are cuts from a mother my partner got and she was told it was GDP and lab tested very high for THC. Who knows...all possible bullshit. I've never seen it/flowered it/smoked it and really haven't done much research on it as I mostly grow from seed. That way, if I hand a cut out...I definitely know what it is. Anyway, I'm still half tempted to run one just to see what comes of it. I only planned to flower one plant anyway and give the other rooted clones away. I'm up to my eyeballs in seed plants right now and am too much into my variety to run more than one or two of the same cuts at a time. So if I do run her out, I'll make a note (Possibly Somebody's) Grand Daddy Purple. Let's call it (PS)GDP. I'll keep an eye out for Ken's cut and who knows, maybe the (PS)GDP one will yield something worth sharing.

Cheers...

Last edited:

guest396

censorship is just a way taking away our freedoms...something I'm not cool with no matter who get's offended....talk all the shit you want dude, it's your right.

as for lies...there were none.
for the sake of respect.... I removed your name from the quote line, what more do you want? a book burning?

believe it or not, you edited (now) your wording that had me mad. Thank you for whoever you showed respect to for my sake. Problem solved. and youre right there were no lies, on my part.

N yes ill take a book burning if you please.... Lets start with 90% of what the fuck ever Oprah is pushing....:tiphat:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
bro I'm done goin back and forth with you.....you sit here postin about how this BS is messin up a great thread...which it is....yet you continue to keep on trolling to get a reaction outta me....wtf is really your problem bro? now your calling me a liar? quote my lie than dude...if you could find one outta the 1000+ posts i've put on this site....and if u honestly got that much free time on your hands I feel sorry for you...

the sd cookies is a different cut than the real deal gsc.....bottom line

thats what this is all about dude...nothing personal at all yet you continually try to escalate it to that level

fwiw....I didn't edit a damn thing, you must have been reading it wrong the entire time, I never felt like I crossed any boundries of respect/morality in my previous posts therefore felt absolutely no need to edit...

this is my final statement on this issue, troll all ya want man....I dont have time for this.

Last edited:

guest396

bro I'm done goin back and forth with you.....you sit here postin about how this BS is messin up a great thread...which it is....yet you continue to keep on trolling to get a reaction outta me....wtf is really your problem bro? now your calling me a liar? quote my lie than dude...if you could find one outta the 1000+ posts i've put on this site....and if u honestly got that much free time on your hands I feel sorry for you...

the sd cookies is a different cut than the real deal gsc.....bottom line

thats what this is all about dude...nothing personal at all yet you continually try to escalate it to that level

fwiw....I didn't edit a damn thing, you must have been reading it wrong the entire time, I never felt like I crossed any boundries of respect/morality in my previous posts therefore felt absolutely no need to edit...

this is my final statement on this issue, troll all ya want man....I dont have time for this.

Relax, lol I was thanking you for the editing you said you did in pm.. Oh and it shows you edited and your words got toned down plus you pm'ed my saying you edited.... What I gotta keep taking it even saying thanks? You can keep your internet crown ill see you in person to talk further, or pull your head out of you ass and read again, THANK YOU. as for trashing shit its you.

I have been here way longer not going anywhere soon. ill erase any offensive shit on here and talk to you face to face if it makes you happy. Want me to pm you my contact? No? Then relax like I did or hit me in pm.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
This is the kinda shit that keeps me from posting on here anymore...can we please get back to what this thread is about? Thank you...