What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, ya mention Sour Double and the man himself checks in! Timing of the universe, huh? To continue along that line... Ya cross the Alien Dog and Sour Double and ya get another one of San Diego's Finest Cuts: Dubtech7

And Adubb... the 30%+ killer

and Odubb....

:biggrin:

dank.Frank

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kinda what we discussed about the other night frank...

there's that bog's story/line... one of many he's spewed out to address something he doesn't want to really address. i don't think he likes rez soooo much he won't give dude any cred. but thats just me. but he has stated more than one version. maybe he forgot. smokes a lot of pot. bless his heart.

there's rez's involvement. or non involvement. depending on who you ask. he (rez) said he sent selected pollen to bog. on purpose. hahahaha. i found an old poll asking folks how he and bog should combine forces even. then i started a thread asking him about it... man that was a shot in the dark. Rez is the one who pinpointed/started the nycd...

there's what I was told from the guy who planted the seeds put in his hand by bog himself at a festival... he was told sour diesel x sourbubble bx3 "best pot in your life". you think they were smoking a lot of pot at that festival where they did the exchange? i love my boy. even though he was PISSED at me and i thought we were going to come to blows (i wasn't supposed to give the cut to anyone. oops.)

and what? maybe soma created/brought forth the male and no one gives him a shout out for shit. come get high in maui soma! i got you!

Tell you what though....I'd rather just have a clean cut of the Sour Dubble to propgate and enjoy on a continual basis without fear of duddation.

if i could take the delorean to 88 and go back to visit myself in 2008 (before I passed it to anyone!) id go into my grow room and take a couple big fat healthy plants, load them up, shoot down the 5 real quick and high five my boys, and then go back to the future with some blast from the past... yeah

anyways im gonna rip this chemd i have sitting here in the roor....
oldschool apparently is my theme.
im getting old. and cranky.
like.... SUBROB!!!!!
goddamnit...

Tardigrade

Adub, Odub? Yeah, they checked out too, chiefing on those whilst I post which is one of the reasons its taking me so long to...wait, what was I doing again? Oh yeah, dub daughters...

These poor two got the double whammy...poor lighting due to physical obstructions and poor nutrition since I used two different mixes and this one was basically coco with just plain water for the first few weeks. They got pale and thin but recovered and finished strong. The A/Odubs are late bloomers in both weight and trichs but both turned out sticky and stoopifying, especially since they were basically lanky teens with no side branching when I put them out there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Didm...i think its more likely nycd that was used to make sourdubble..

BOG just told me the exact same thing about the dubb being lsd x SB, but he kinda had a shocked look on his face when i asked him about it at the ht cup.

FWIW - BOG says he was never given pollen from Rez.

He states that Sour Dubb is from what he now calls "Sour LSD"...

Lifesaver = Jacks Cleaner/Blueberry x BOGbubble

LSD = Lifesaver Diesel = (Jacks Cleaner/Blueberry x BOGbubble) x NYCD

However BOG also offered beans called Sour Lifesaver.

Sour Lifesaver = Sour Bubble x (Jacks Cleaner/Blueberry x BOGbubble)

I don't know (remember) BOG's strain timeline well enough to pin point which of his creations came first...and I understand the story on what she could be has changed a couple of times over the years.

I simply accept, that Sour Dubb is one of three possible combinations:

1. Sour Lifesaver x NYCD

2. Sour Bubble x LSD

3. Sour Bubble x NYCD (if it was in fact Rez pollen it would have been NYCD F2)

Anyway...I can't help it. I really like the strain / genetic histories. So much gets lost or muddied over the years - sure would be nice if it didn't.

Regardless - Sour Dubble is some of the best smoke on the face of the planet. I was offered "Sour LSD" seeds to give a run and make a comparison - I think I might just have to accept that offer.

dank.Frank

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
odubb... is still floating around the valley isle
a friend of mine still runs it it handles the outdoors in ground fully exposed year round fine and dandy
hes threatening to bring a copy to me. we'll see....
i made some nice peanut buttery wax out of a couple zs a few weeks ago.
i told him just keep bringing me the stuff to blast hahaha

odubb... is still floating around the valley isle
a friend of mine still runs it it handles the outdoors in ground fully exposed year round fine and dandy
hes threatening to bring a copy to me. we'll see....
i made some nice peanut buttery wax out of a couple zs a few weeks ago.
i told him just keep bringing me the stuff to blast hahaha

Peanut buttery??

doneit

Veteran
Hi doneit,

I am not a verdera sales rep nor do I gain any benefit from recommending it to people.

What I do have however is personal experience with mycostop as well as the anecdotal experience of many other growers here in the triangle and mycostop works.

Verdera has multiple peer reviewed trials on numerous crops in numerous environments showing how effective and efficient mycostop is.

I have to wonder , what makes your garden special that it does not work? Do you know you had viable spores?
What makes my garden special? Have you seen it? lol
I will send you a message if you want? I dont want to clutter this thread up anymore than i have.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Hi doneit,

It seems we are unable to have a scientific discussion. I viewed your gallery and saw a pretty cool closet grow.

Verdera is using their product in major Forestry and Agriculture applications, by asking you " what made your garden special that it does not work "

I am asking you what factors you took in to consideration and what methods you used to verify that MycoStop was ineffective. In other words...

How can you be the only one that the product does not work for when it is applied in major industries with success and tested by academia in multiple peer reviewed trials all over the world?

Did you apply wrong? Did you buy bad product? Did you reactive the product improperly? Was it stored wrong?

doneit

Veteran
You know... your sly attempts at belittling me are showing your true nature..
So what your telling me is that i am the only one or my 8 partners as a matter of fact, are the only ones that have had no success with mycostop in the USA? OK

Im not here to argue with you or anyone else, I am telling you it did not work on the fungi infection we have/had.

I am not a novice grower, I ran MULTIPLE tests with many products to try and cure the infection, this list is long, i wont bore you with it.

The mycostop simply was ineffective against the infection, cant say anything else.

You clearly have some type of investment with them, i am not going to debate or argue your scientific conversation in this thread.. you can use my page if you like.. other than that, im gonna go tend my closet grow

Sorry to everyone in this thread, dont mean to be off topic.

Cheers

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You know... your sly attempts at belittling me are showing your true nature..
So what your telling me is that i am the only one or my 8 partners as a matter of fact, are the only ones that have had no success with mycostop in the USA? OK

Im not here to argue with you or anyone else, I am telling you it did not work on the fungi infection we have/had.

I am not a novice grower, I ran MULTIPLE tests with many products to try and cure the infection, this list is long, i wont bore you with it.

The mycostop simply was ineffective against the infection, cant say anything else.

You clearly have some type of investment with them, i am not going to debate or argue your scientific conversation in this thread.. you can use my page if you like.. other than that, im gonna go tend my closet grow

Sorry to everyone in this thread, dont mean to be off topic.

Cheers

Hi Doneit ,

I have no reason to open a private discourse with you. We are on topic because of the claims of fusarium being the cause of 'dudding'. In over 10 years of growing I have never had a plant 'dud'

Can you show me where I have belittled you? Do you take insult to me telling you that your closet grow is pretty cool? I mean that fully and with 100% Honest postivie intent. Your plants look good however I failed to see the awesomeness your attitude promises.

I can guarantee you I have no personal gain by promoting Verdera's products other than helping people fix their garden !

You provide no quantitative evidence other than "me and my grow bros tried it and it didn't work"

Again I have to ask did you apply it right?

Did you verify you got a good set of spores that were stored properly?

Did you follow the correct application instructions for the product?

Did you verify via microscopy that you in fact, had a disease that the product targeted?

I only ask these questions because I have used MycoStop and had it in fact work successfully. I have also used it on healthy plants and seen a beneficial result as well.

All the best.

ECtraveler

Veteran
*oops, didn't mean to stir up any drama (new or old) and steer the thread off-course. I'm good at that:shucks:

Anyways this was an Atomic Northern Lights I had in the garden a few months back. Although it wasn't quite a 10 I really enjoyed the smoke and she was a breeze to grow.
picture.php

ECtraveler

Veteran
Yeah I didn't mean to undersell her. I'd definitely run her again. The old school flavors will always have a special place in my heart and garden. Overall it was a great NL

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How was the flavor profile on that NL ECt? Pine or that fruity, sea breeze type of taste?

Looks like a nice plant...

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts