What's new

San Diego Finest Cuts #3

humbleguy

Veteran
Cheese/DT7 update; Well it's been a month and this little gal is pushing on. All bets on this girl..... she's my one hit wonder. I understand the logic behind large populations and selection... but this is what nature provided me so I'm gonna push her to the max.

picture.php

SourSmoke

Hey guys - wanted to chime in with a couple additional data points on the dud discussion:

This definitely looks to me like the occasional dud that sour dub would get. A hormonal issue feels possible. It's like they stay in second gear and don't transition into full maturation.

Adub never had any duds for me until broad mites. I first had just a few duds show up which could have been attributed to pulling from two different mothers. On the last go though I had an entire tray 100% dud. Painful. It now looks like a tray of Dubtech7 might be dudding as well.

I am using one dose of Avid in veg. Is there a chance that everyone getting duds is also using Avid? I figure that it must be either the Avid or I guess the conclusion that you guys came to that the BM is able to effect the plants long term.

I was going to try a round without the Avid with the hopes that the BM has been eradicated but if that isn't the issue... ouch.

Thanks for the discussion. Peace.

sunset limited

Veteran
so the lesson of my pure haze experiment is that there is no room in my current situation for plants that are old enough to get a drivers license by the time they're done flowering. had to pull the plug after 13 weeks. need the space to pay the bills. it's a shame because it's beautiful gear too. these mommas need some new digs.

much respect to urhumble, terp, and the handful of other cats who undertake that labor of love. it just ain't me though.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Avid doesn't cause duds, its a pesticide.

Thanks for the love! This was the Tom Hill Haze, right? 13 weeks should still do the trick, but it wont be as strong as it is 15-19 weeks in. Probably going to be on the racy/speedy side - on top of the introspective/in your head that hazes tend to do. They need time to develop the wallop, though I've never done aero/hydro - might be faster. I would be interested in hearing the final smoke report. Got pics?

Ace Seeds Pakistan Chitral Kush at 7.5 weeks, another 3 or so probably for this beauty.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey guys - wanted to chime in with a couple additional data points on the dud discussion:

This definitely looks to me like the occasional dud that sour dub would get. A hormonal issue feels possible. It's like they stay in second gear and don't transition into full maturation.

Adub never had any duds for me until broad mites. I first had just a few duds show up which could have been attributed to pulling from two different mothers. On the last go though I had an entire tray 100% dud. Painful. It now looks like a tray of Dubtech7 might be dudding as well.

I am using one dose of Avid in veg. Is there a chance that everyone getting duds is also using Avid? I figure that it must be either the Avid or I guess the conclusion that you guys came to that the BM is able to effect the plants long term.

I was going to try a round without the Avid with the hopes that the BM has been eradicated but if that isn't the issue... ouch.

Thanks for the discussion. Peace.

There def have been people that had Broad mite, used avid & came out with killer crops afterwards. I tend to think Avid is NOT the problem

adub x casey jones update. The lone adub x dt7 seed i got is showing some nice leaf sets, I will post pics soon. Here is the Dubzillla as I am calling her right now. she is throwing beautiful palm sized 9-12 blade leaves and smell exactly like what you might expect from the 2 parents meeting. think diesel. I hope the flowers come out nice, she sure is vegging out nice. She is bushier than either parent too.
BGeGIv8CMAAgUsX.jpg:large

BGeFLStCAAEABOA.jpg:large

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
damn DF i still remember her zoo did a number on that cross she does look a little bit different then be4 but still looks killer

on tha DUD situation i just had 1/2 a ghost og dud on me its weird AF
left nug smells good AF n sticky as hell n tha right nug has no smell no frost buds were huge tho

ECtraveler

Veteran
*disclaimer: everything written below is pure speculation based purely solely on my amateur hour observations which may be as accurate as Karl Rove predicting the last election. I'm actually a bit ton on the issue as Broad Mites have been an identified citrus pest in So Cal since 1979 so we should have been dealing with them for some time. On the other hand I believe weather patterns in recent years has caused the population to explode. Since I first noticed Broad Mites I've yet to see a lemon tree in SD that wasn't infested. (could be the nurseries spreading them too. Bonnie branded veggies have them on everything they sell)

While it goes against everything we all have been taught keeping temps up will greatly reduce the impacts of Broad Mite related duds.(if you're having that problem) I know a grower who was absolutely infested with Broad Mites but never took a hit from them. That was until they fixed their ventilation system bringing temps to normal levels and the entire room dudded (almost immediately) when the bugs no longer had to struggle to survive.

Heat and light; they hate them both. I don't know if this was covered in the other thread but vert systems seem to be less affected and I assume it's from the absence of large shadow regions.

Another thing I don't know if been discussed is not all duds are the same and differ from strain to strain. I've had a couple that ended up producing plenty of trichs but the structure was out of whack and the yield diminished. Both times I got this version of dud the top buds would be the size of a single snap on strains with typically large colas.

(this plant is a dud in this pic and was tossed after 2 back to back disappointments while the previous runs of it were out of the park.)
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Member just sent me a PM - he tested a plant which had gone Dudd - result...

fusarium.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10658-012-0067-5?LI=true#

European Journal of Plant PathologyJanuary 2013, Volume 135, Issue 1, pp 81-96
Sulphur supply impairs spread of Verticillium dahliae in tomato

Abstract

Vascular wilt caused by the soil-borne fungus Verticillium dahliae is a major yield and quality-limiting disease across a broad spectrum of crop plants worldwide. Sulphur-enhanced plant defence mechanisms provide an opportunity to effectively and environmentally safely constrain the wilt disease levels in planta. To evaluate the influence of sulphur nutrition on the protective potential of these mechanisms, two near-isogenic tomato genotypes differing in fungal susceptibility, were treated with low or supra-optimal sulphur supply. Microscopic analysis revealed a significant sulphur-induced decrease in the amount of infected vascular cells in both genotypes. However, plant shoot and severely pathogen-affected root growth did not display this distinct alleviating influence of sulphur nutrition. Rates of leaf photosynthesis were impeded by Verticillium dahliae infection in both genotypes especially under low sulphur nutrition. However, assimilate transport rates in the phloem sap were enhanced by fungal infection more in the resistant genotype and under high sulphur nutrition suggesting a stronger sink for assimilates in infected plant tissues possibly involved in sugar-induced defence. A SYBR Green-based absolute quantitative Real-Time assay using a species-specific primer was developed which sensitively reflected sulphur nutrition-dependent changes in fungal colonization patterns. High sulphur nutrition significantly reduced fungal spread in the stem in both tomato genotypes. Concentrations of selected sulphur-containing metabolites revealed an increase of the major anti-oxidative redox buffer glutathione under high sulphur nutrition in response to fungal colonization. Our study demonstrates the existence of sulphur nutrition-enhanced resistance of tomato against Verticillium dahliae mediated by sulphur-containing defence compounds.

Latest posts

Latest posts