What's new

Sad News on RC...PLEASE READ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmInABox

OG can't die. It will be back. It may not be called Overgrow. It may not look the same, but it will be back in some form, someday.

Keep growing. Keep secret. Keep Smokin.

G

Hi,
Where are the sativa lovers from breeders sections????
So many nice threads with Dubi, raco, mano negra,20thai, shaman and many other i begin to forget their username.
I never participate, but my daily island of freedom disapeared, forever :badday:
You miss me guys :wave:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Thankyou all that are generously showing support at this time....Yes I urge you all to make valid, interesting, educational and ammusing posts on CANNABIS....since that is what this site is all about.......and the more good posts the better this site gets for all....

...as long as I am free and can pay the bills here I will keep this site up in the hope that one day I.C.Mag becomes at least as valuable to those wanting to know more about this plant in purgatory as O.G. and CW were in their day........

....True it is a mammouth task.....but I think that it can be done with your help.....

....Give us a hand to make this place......a better place.

humplok

RIP OG..

As for the men arrested in Hurst, Ontario.. I assure you this has nothing to do with overgrow... ive been to that truck stop ghost town.. no way "rc' would live there.

G

Btw,"Richard Calrisian" was already known to news media as OG's owner,and has been since 2003.

Pot-linked senator domain names de-activated

12/19/03
By JACOB OGLES
Daily Commercial Staff Writer
Email this story to a friend

More than 100 World Wide Web domains belonging to a group that linked Florida senators’ names to a marijuana seed seller were de-activated Thursday and Friday. The same group has attempted in the past to attach Florida congressmen to a political group promoting white rights. Friends of Chantal, an organization in Mossyrock, Wash., bought the names of a dozen Florida state senators in January as Internet domains names. Those domains were then linked to Overgrow.com, a World Wide Web site that sells marijuana seeds from Canada.

The operators of 123cheapdomains.com, which sold rights to all of the domains to Friends of Chantal, said all of the domains are now inactive.

“The owners of the marijuana site are the ones who contacted us,” said Johnny Li, 123cheapdomains.com spokesman. “Apparently he has received a lot of complaints in the last few days.”

Li said Friends of Chantal had 111 domains connecting to the marijuana site. He would not release all of those domain names. All of those sites are inactive now and will not be used unless the organization can express a legitimate use for the sites.

“We didn’t have anything to do with taking the domains down,” said Sarah Bascom, press secretary for state Senate president Jim King. “But we are pleased to know that the senators’ names are no longer associated with the site, and we are sure the senators are pleased as well.”

After The Daily Commercial notified most of the senators that their names were connected to a marijuana sites, many expressed outrage. State Sen. Al Lawson, D-Tallahassee, called for a state investigation to find who was responsible for allawson.com connecting Internet users to Overgrow.com. When the marijuana site began receiving calls from Florida on the matter, it complained to the registrar of the site.

Richard Calrisian, webmaster for Overgrow.com, told The Daily Commercial via e-mail that Friends of Chantal did not have permission to connect any domains to his Web site.

All of the senator name domains were purchased Jan. 8 with a one-year reservation at a cost of $13.95. If registration is not renewed, Li said, the domains will be held for an additional 30 days before they are put up for sale widely. But this is not the first time Friends of Chantal has connected elected officials to a politically volatile issue. Four congressman from Florida, including local U.S. Rep. Ric Keller, R-Orlando, had their names purchased and connected to unpopular causes.

Shirley Wooley, chief of staff for U.S. Rep. Porter Goss, R-Naples, said portergoss.com was linked to the official site for the National Association for the Advancement of White People. The U.S. House counsel office threatened legal action against Friends of Chantal then and all of the congressmen’s domains were taken down.

“We never heard about it again,” Wooley said.

Keller’s office said they were never too distracted by the matter. Press secretary Bryan Malenius said he has forgotten where rickeller.com sent users. But he does remember Friends of Chantal tried to sell the site for an outrageous amount in an extortion attempt.

“We already have two Web sites already, the official House site and the campaign site kellerforcongress.com,” Malenius said, “So we never really thought twice about it. We certainly weren’t going to reward this behavior.”

Neither Keller nor Goss have any interest in buying to domains once they become available, spokespeople said.

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hey Rez, that should put out the remainder smouldering embers. If that's not validity on RC's name I don't know what is. That was a great find/share! good detective work!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
sounds like BS to me. Why and who would connect a site with a congress persons name to a pot site? Thats like Making a site www.tyson.com and have it go to a biting fettish site. :bat: only RC could have sites added in his name, no one else should be setting these up. its not like I can call up 123acb.com and say I want a domain called Bushs.com set up in gypsy's name please. right? :confused:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
gpb, that's the dirty world of politics bro, come on. S L A N D E R is worth alot money in Washington. It's all about the buck. IMO

Nothing like that surprises me in the least. Heck, they set each other up all the time for votes, reputation, and greed.

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
but who called up and made the phony site. RC I dont think would be that stupid, actually he might get out of it if he can prove those were some persons doing it within the company and not him. Thats if he didnt do it. lol

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
but who called up and made the phony site-by gpb

Deep Throat....LOL

Seriously bro, someone who knew the "right person", is all it takes, I'm sure of it. The devil has his hand out all the time. Darn good question though. That would be a movie, wouldn't? There's an old saying among the old pot smugglers. It was, "See ya in the movies."........

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Friends of Chantal, an organization in Mossyrock, Wash., bought the names of a dozen Florida state senators in January as Internet domains names. Those domains were then linked to Overgrow.com, a World Wide Web site that sells marijuana seeds from Canada.

The group "Friends of Chantal" did it........ironic it's called, "Friends of....." what are friends for, right?,......... just like we witnessed this past week, the slander and lies against RC.

Last edited:
Desiderata said:
One more and I'll leave you all alone, for awhile I promise.

I know what's happening? This is BOG's conspiracy to sell his book because they can't log any IP from it. Be sure to pay cash for it!........ just kidding folks.........it's all good, they can't kill us all.

:yoinks:

LOL.....thats FUCKED UP,

BUT HILARIOUS!

G

Blah,blah,blah....Watch your security,and stop f'ing whining,any/all of you....
This is getting OLD....

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
hey rez how about relax and keep this open to disscusion Or I dont think Gypsy would keep this thread open. Poeple in here can get all parnoid and scared or they can talk about it and feel a little more relaxed. Some poeple are getting pissy in these threads. :wave: ralax toke :joint: and pass pon de left hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.