What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

Lime Green

picture.php

So cool Madjag. The plants in the first photo look like this old 80's bagseed of mine that germinated last year.

Madjag

Veteran
As promised, here are the final lost archives for The MadJag Chronicles -Sacred Seeds Skunk#1 v.2
1979-1980

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
We averaged 6.8 ounces per plant across both gardens. At one point, before culling the males, we had approximately 500 plants.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
This year was our big one. After 2 previous years of adjsuting to MadJag Canyon, the water system, the timing, and the preparation, we were ready to rock.

We had two gardens about one mile apart. The more remote garden further in was totally invisible from even a hiker in the canyon. The second garden was an alluvial flat that was only 20 feet above the creek bottom compared to the 45 feet above for the more secure garden site. As a result, we always were a little stressed and always on full alert when working or sleeping at the more exposed garden.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
Madjag, I wish you would write a book on growing in the outdoors. :bow:

You have more top notch pics than any outdoor grow book I've seen to date. :respect:

Did you by any chance keep that seed line alive? :woohoo:

Mystic Funk

madjag you knock it out of the park every time with your posts and pics.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

thank you for sharing it with all of us....:biggrin:

I also second what corky said... any seeds left?

peace
-mystic:tiphat:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Madjag, is it safe to assume these patches at full bloom really reeked? Like you could smell the patch many hundreds of feet away, if it was really skunky i am thinking. That must have made the stress of detection even worse, if so..

Madjag

Veteran
Sorry, no seeds left. We were young and didn't understand how important it was. Besides, I thought that I could always order more from Rob Clarke and Sam.

I probably could have for a few years, but when I finally contacted Rob he had moved to Holland permanently and there was no way, I thought, to get more seed. I should have just sent him a money order in the mail and risked him sending seeds to the US. Back then, it would have been easy I think.

In the 5 years that we grew in Madjag Canyon, only one set of footprints passed through the entire canyon. That's how difficult it is to enter that deep slice along the Mogollon Rim country. Another pair of prints that we found a few years later was evident for maybe 500 yards, leading to and from a tiny spot that allowed a helicopter to land. Eagle studies were going on back then so we banked on that explanation for the helicopter.

My partner picked up a hippie backpacker one day while returning from watering the crop. This was in our first year there, 1978. My partner asked him where he was going and where he had been. The kid got all excited and told my friend how he had hiked the entire length of this wilderness canyon and had just come out to the highway where my friend found him hitching. Talk about synchronicity.....we discovered whose prints we had found in the sand along the creek that wekend and didn't have to ever wonder who it had been. Incredible.

We never left footprints. Once we descended the 1500 drop down a steep boulder spill or wash into our canyon, we stepped only from river boulder to river boulder or on logs and branches. We had certain larger boulders that we would climb onto and use for entering both garden sites so that no disturbed dirt or rocks would lead up and away from the creek. We avoided making any trails except in the actual gardens. It definitely paid off when we spotted these 3 sets of tracks at their different times.

An interesting quote my friend Sforza recently posted:

"It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once". - Mark Twain

Last edited:

Medfinder

Chemon 91
First time i smelled an skunk odor from bud was 1980.

then heard about some huge bust in anza, california 1982

1985 weaker smelling nor cal would come round.

now with all the choices and california legalization maybe the whole U.S.?
What will be the cannabis future?

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Two-Cuz's The SensiSeeds Skunk1 is originally from Skunkman Sam@Cultivator's Choice formerly Sacred Seeds of California...Brought over in mid '80's and sold to Nevilles Seedbank,Ben Dronkers SSSC and Wernard at Positronic's along with Eddie at Flying Dutchman. The Seedbank and SSC Stock became SensiSeeds run by Ben with Nev as Breeder til his arrest. SensiSeeds bought TFD from Eddie years back too so they have whats left of his stock too in their Library? I hope.... The Fem Seed will likely have Pure Sk1 genes but is probably a good few generations bottlenecked by now. I would be interested to know if the Fem is still similar to their old Reg Skunk1? Their classic SK1 was a bit quicker and stockier than Sams original but was the original genes inbred a bit, Luck'n'Light JBo.

Hi Two-Cuz's The SensiSeeds Skunk1 is originally from Skunkman Sam@Cultivator's Choice formerly Sacred Seeds of California...Brought over in mid '80's and sold to Nevilles Seedbank,Ben Dronkers SSSC and Wernard at Positronic's along with Eddie at Flying Dutchman. The Seedbank and SSC Stock became SensiSeeds run by Ben with Nev as Breeder til his arrest. SensiSeeds bought TFD from Eddie years back too so they have whats left of his stock too in their Library? I hope.... The Fem Seed will likely have Pure Sk1 genes but is probably a good few generations bottlenecked by now. I would be interested to know if the Fem is still similar to their old Reg Skunk1? Their classic SK1 was a bit quicker and stockier than Sams original but was the original genes inbred a bit, Luck'n'Light JBo.

Thank you Londinium as this was exactly what I was wondering.

The Skunk1 I am running seems to be fast and stockier thats for sure. I have actually used her in some crosses I have going right now. One is (Skunk1 x Cherry Shertbert male) f1. I also took an F1 made from that father which is a (Purple Diesel x Cherry Sherbert) and crossed that to the skunk1. So in turn im working out 2 crosses with her right now both in the f1 stage. 1. (Skunk1 x Cherry Sherbert). 2. (Skunk1 x (Purple Diesel x Cherry sherbert)).

I hope to find some nice skunkness with these. If not ill search for it in the other generations.

I hope to find something interesting. Maybe tap those genes in f2s and f3s.