What's new

Rusty's Garden

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look good and mature. Time to crack a few of them.. I found the different mothers gave different shades of the same see type like with most strains. I use that to tell is I have been given random bird seed or Pedigree stuff.

I've not encountered wrinkled/dented/flattened or much of that nature controlled by dual genes. Flower types are usually the same with scientificaly bred stable stock it's the wayward ones you get a change with either in the f2 or unstable f1's. It's not going anywhere after that much. 75-25% 3 gen.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the input Dave, and thanks for stopping by, Sounds like youve got yours very nice now feel free to post a pic in here if you want, I'd love to see it. Ive knocked some pollen around with mine too. I watered in another 10 of those seeds yestereday, so we will see what pops. 5 more BlueberryOG and 5 from a really OG leaning blueberryOG bx to same the blueberry. Ill post pics when theres something to looks at. On that note too, im over CS, too many mixed results, will be going with STS for future attempts, it seems like thats where its at now. I had sucess with CS for my first few tries, but not much the last few goes. Im about 3 weeks into what appears to be a total CS failed attempt at reversing the Blueberry, as well as another pheno of the blueberryOG I havent posted here yet. Any tips on STS would definitely be appreciated. Ive grown the Blueberry and her OG crosses exclusively for way too long, and after I run through whats left of those seeds (hopefully before too long), Ill be looking elsewhere for something that catches my eye. For the most part I think there is a lot to be learned from selfing, and outcrossing to another you know very very well. With so much nonsense around, and being someone of very limited "social" desire, for me it just seems better to take everyones word with a grain of salt and to self and outcross to my blueberry to see whats really "behind" the seed/cut, before trying to think about working it elsewhere. Thanks again man!

Don't give up on the plant your trying to reverse yet!! IME once you stop spraying it, is when the male flowers will start to show. That has happened every time I have used CS. Maybe just a coincidence, but hey I say let the plant keep going and see what happens.

Don't give up on the plant your trying to reverse yet!! IME once you stop spraying it, is when the male flowers will start to show. That has happened every time I have used CS. Maybe just a coincidence, but hey I say let the plant keep going and see what happens.

Thanks man, Im going to let em go and see what happens, there not taking up any space really, I'll throw up a picture later, see what you think. The main reason I stucj with CS is because it was the first thing I tried, and it worked before, but we'll see

Beautiful colors on that! I'm working on a perpetual setup so I'm excited to see what I can learn from your work.

Thanks GG, nothing but semi-controlled chaos around here, I wouldnt grow perpetual in one room if I had the option, but its just what works out for me now. The biggest thing is keeping the canopy even, so theres lots of stacking plants on stuff haha. Its nice though, because I think you can really get to know your plants closely. Soil or no?

CoCoSativas

Mornin',

So, Im finally getting a thread going to post my stuff, and share my thoughts. I run a perpetual harvest, and I like to try new things on the same old varieties. I'm running coco and V+B right now, but youll see the organic soil pots slowly taking over the room shortly.

My main gal is a Blueberry that I grew from seed, definately not as potent as some (at all) but its for sure the medicine. It also makes wicked hash, water or sift, easy to work with. Here she is finished up. I dont currently run too many different things, but will post up some of the other staples later. Just as a disclaimer, I want folks to feel free to post anything they think might be relevant, interesting, of funny, it doesnt bother me at all, so have at it. View Image

Nice thread rusty thanks for the heads up.

:biggrin: my dome finally cleared today so im good to clone and flip right away. I want to clone and top everything and give them a couple days

Nice thread rusty thanks for the heads up.

:biggrin: my dome finally cleared today so im good to clone and flip right away. I want to clone and top everything and give them a couple days

Nice man, that was my chore yesterday, just trying to clean out and shorten up my veg space, I took a bunch of cuts, tossed a few underperformers, and popped 4, slightly vegged plants into a 15 gallon recycled organic soil container. Im just goung to give em a few days and toss them into flower. Man, it makes pumped to get the soil going again.

CoCoSativas

Im doing 50 cuts. Easy when its tops from each plant, other than labeling.

Happy to use soil? Ick i used to be now you wont see a speck of that filthy dirt in my home. Lol i love coco hell if you spill coco on carpet sweep or vacuum it up with ease.

I prefer how the plants grow in coco, i preffer the dope too i like the mellow flavors of coco. Coco grown i find to be pretty potent too.

I could do soil organic again but i hate watering it now. Just dont like soil at all anymore and the only way ill ever use soil again is to try cannas terra and bio terra to see how the weed turns out. Im curious how my big sur would grow in coco.

Nice work rusty. Its unusual for me to hear someone excited to hse soil over coco but thats neat

Im doing 50 cuts. Easy when its tops from each plant, other than labeling.

Happy to use soil? Ick i used to be now you wont see a speck of that filthy dirt in my home. Lol i love coco hell if you spill coco on carpet sweep or vacuum it up with ease.

I prefer how the plants grow in coco, i preffer the dope too i like the mellow flavors of coco. Coco grown i find to be pretty potent too.

I could do soil organic again but i hate watering it now. Just dont like soil at all anymore and the only way ill ever use soil again is to try cannas terra and bio terra to see how the weed turns out. Im curious how my big sur would grow in coco.

Nice work rusty. Its unusual for me to hear someone excited to hse soil over coco but thats neat

Theres a ton I like about coco, and its not going away in my garden any time soon, but I am a soil guy all the way. Its probably got something to do with being raised on a lot of food that was grown and not bought, and having the difference be really clear my whole life. Thats just my perspective though, I know tons of people who feel like theres no difference. Everything I've grown in coco has been tasty and clean, and I cant imagine a better option than coco for indoor commercial, its just so clean and efficient, and theres some folks really raising the bar production-wise, but thats not really where my goals are at. Im for sure keeping all moms in coco for now, if there is a good reason not to, I haven't found one yet. Its always fun to mix it up, you should try a plant or two in that terra if you get a shot. Id love to see that big sur.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Rusty, coco.
I got lured into coco for a couple of yrs. and loved it, but I'm back to soil.
I just felt like a slave to the additives. Even before in soil, Despite trying hard to be organic, I was still part of the 'bottle paradigm', so now I'm working @ being organic and more involved with "building my own."
I'm just a hobby grower and it feels like the way I need to go to be really attuned to my grow. I find that approach the most satisfying.

Knowing that you're from around the way, I was wondering if you've ever smoked O's blueberry?

OK, I'm sub'ed. :lurk:

CoCoSativas

I used to do soil organic but i wanted better yield and alot of sativas prefer hydro coco was how i was able to have a somewhat similar routine as i was used to, no pumps, stealthier than dirt to bring in and once i started doing it i actually prefer coco grown to anything.

I actually did organics for years, longer than ive done coco but once i got on it i found i never want to stop using coco too much i like about it.

Ive got a much wider variety than im used to now, more than just sativas everythings loving the coco so im happy with it.

I love the forums its so dope seeing how everyones got their thing. We all put the cool gear available to use in many combinations and thats part of what makes these forums so amazing seeing it all

Hey Rusty, coco.
I got lured into coco for a couple of yrs. and loved it, but I'm back to soil.
I just felt like a slave to the additives. Even before in soil, Despite trying hard to be organic, I was still part of the 'bottle paradigm', so now I'm working @ being organic and more involved with "building my own."
I'm just a hobby grower and it feels like the way I need to go to be really attuned to my grow. I find that approach the most satisfying.

Knowing that you're from around the way, I was wondering if you've ever smoked O's blueberry?

OK, I'm sub'ed. :lurk:
I have not tried anyone elses blueberry, but I wish I had. On that note, I know its way out there, but if anyone knows anything about a bubbleberry grown around back...say about...13-15 years ago, that would really interest me. Im right with you in that its all about "knowin' what your growin' ", dang thats a good thread title. I can tell my cuts from a stem stripped if buds, or blindfolded by how the buds come off the stem when you pull off at a node, like the #3 pheno that leaves all the "pre-flower calyx" when you pull off a bud at the node. This one is oddly satisfying to pull apart.
picture.php

Not that there is enough folks watching my thread to make this an issue, haha, but just in the case that it comes up, side conversations are absolutely welcome and encouraged, as relatively socially anxious person, I hate having to wonder whether its cool to direct a question at "commenter" on someones thread, as apposed to at the thread creater. (That sounds crazy to try to put in words.)..........Anyway.....long story short...feel free to converse freely...without fear of "hijacking".

yocs

damn animals, I got a house full. I try n keep em outta my grow room. But my damn cat always sneaks in and trys to eat my shit, damn stoners. One day I heard shit being knocked over in my room only to find the little fur ball had been locked in all nite. Ate so much he threw up.

damn animals, I got a house full. I try n keep em outta my grow room. But my damn cat always sneaks in and trys to eat my shit, damn stoners. One day I heard shit being knocked over in my room only to find the little fur ball had been locked in all nite. Ate so much he threw up.
This ones a newbie, still workin the kinks out of him hahha. I forgot I like "non-sporting" breeds.

Heres that organic container:
picture.php

GastroGrower

Thanks GG, nothing but semi-controlled chaos around here, I wouldnt grow perpetual in one room if I had the option, but its just what works out for me now. The biggest thing is keeping the canopy even, so theres lots of stacking plants on stuff haha. Its nice though, because I think you can really get to know your plants closely. Soil or no?

Yeah I've definitely seen the benefit of maintaining the tops of all the plants - lots of potential bud development lost on my last run because larger plants kept overshadowing the ones in line behind them. I need to work on this a bit in my veg tent as well.

I recently landed on a hydro setup for my perpetual system as it's high yielding and easy to manage. 5 Gallon buckets using a drip/DWC system that works quite well for rotating equipment and preparing feedings. The mommies are all keeping it high and tight in some local organic soil topped with worm castings.

Yeah I've definitely seen the benefit of maintaining the tops of all the plants - lots of potential bud development lost on my last run because larger plants kept overshadowing the ones in line behind them. I need to work on this a bit in my veg tent as well.

I recently landed on a hydro setup for my perpetual system as it's high yielding and easy to manage. 5 Gallon buckets using a drip/DWC system that works quite well for rotating equipment and preparing feedings. The mommies are all keeping it high and tight in some local organic soil topped with worm castings.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65295&pictureid=1593694View Image

Looking good GG, what that one in the middle with the fat stem?