What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Run #8: Cindy Cindy

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Still alive. I may have cooked off some of the terps by letting the tent temp get to 80. It is what it is. The leaves on the flowers are taking a yellowish tint. I wonder if that is from mr removing the overcharged water.

CB12788C-9008-490F-9AC0-FEA95BC9F47A.jpeg

LostTribe

Premium user
I wouldnt worry about the 80's for a bit. Are they starting to fill in? You should be getting there from the looks of it. Day 41? They should really start to harden up in the next week with a last push of resin.

Which one has the different terps?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I figure one week+ remains. I dropped the light from 11.5 to 11 today.

What has worked very well is the forced filtered air. Just a cardboard box taped up to seal it, with a hole cut for taping a HEPA filter (3M 1900) and a fan inside to pull air through the filter and blow it into the tent.

I bought a couple AC infinityoscillating fans for the sativa tent. They came with a fancy book they made about growing “hemp” in their branded tent and fans. Nothing about the critical inlet filtration, and the fools could sell a filter box with their fan in it. I guess I will keep using the box I sealed up with tape, stuck a fan and hose in, and a 3M 1900 filter taped on. This works well. Balance the speeds between the inlet and exhaust fan (don’t use the controller) to get the tent temp, flow, and pressure right. I run a little positive pressure.

A325F23B-DAEB-4CE7-BF52-FD533E2C3F1C.jpeg

This helps keep the dope clean. I have not had SM or PM this run with the filters. No spraying.

Airloom

Veteran
I figure one week+ remains. I dropped the light from 11.5 to 11 today.

What has worked very well is the forced filtered air. Just a cardboard box taped up to seal it, with a hole cut for taping a HEPA filter (3M 1900) and a fan inside to pull air through the filter and blow it into the tent.

I bought a couple AC infinityoscillating fans for the sativa tent. They came with a fancy book they made about growing “hemp” in their branded tent and fans. Nothing about the critical inlet filtration, and the fools could sell a filter box with their fan in it. I guess I will keep using the box I sealed up with tape, stuck a fan and hose in, and a 3M 1900 filter taped on. This works well. Balance the speeds between the inlet and exhaust fan (don’t use the controller) to get the tent temp, flow, and pressure right. I run a little positive pressure.

View attachment 18793500

This helps keep the dope clean. I have not had SM or PM this run with the filters. No spraying.
So this box is your only intake fan? That’s a crazy smart hack. TY and looking forward to seeing your harvest.

LostTribe

Premium user
I figure about a week to go. Here is P3s main cola:

View attachment 18795611

Edit: the camera - and this is just a mini iPad- sees close better than I do. Some cool colors deep in the flowers.

Should I get greedy and feed again?
That ones not done. I would feed er again for sure. Mine were mostly bright orange hairs and full calyx's by now but I was dripping 1.8-2ec and feeding a P/K bloom booster. Coco and mostly salts vs yours in soil. The punch I had grew that type of pointy tops where as the metals/grapefruit were flat and round tops.

I'd feed them again but I'd be top feeding plain water in between feedings. In soil its feed 1 to 2 times a week and plain water the rest. Def no more N as the tips are burning. I'd feed but keep it mild. The important thing is to keep them healthy. They do look a bit too green so I think your soil mix has too much Nitrogen in it. This could be one of the reasons you keep saying you don't usually get good smells. Its good to try new things especially when you are starting out.

Other than the little bit of extra green and a bit later finish they look great to me! One more feed might even be what they need to give them that last little push to the end. But be patient you don't want to get so close to the end and pull them early and loose the yeild and maybe some terpage you know.

Happy Holidays
LT

ps I'd also check your water source if you havent already. In a new room it the first thing to do always.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was pissed at VG for not sending me OPG tester freebies and saying I can’t grow,
yeah , i remember the plant and, your plant-your choice but thought you were crazy to give it away... though you have your wires crossed about the story. I would never tell someone that they couldn't grow.. even if it was true.
OPG testers were not my line, they were Paniks from RG iirc - so you ditched my plant because another breeder had hurt your feelings !
VG.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No, I didn’t have room. Don’t make me dig another bean out and grow it again! Cause I am thinking about the next lineup. I want
WLD, Wide Leaf Dope.

LostTribe

Premium user
Getting closer to taking the tops. The light is 10.5 on, power is reduced too. I have been changing out the wick bed water for fresh, to reduce the residual nutes.

Gonna be some dope come out of this run.

View attachment 18797836
Happy New Years its going to be a sticky week from the looks of it! Are the Punch on the back or right side of the pic? Looking great you can see the buds are lightening up in color.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Happy 2023 back at ya brother LT. I think they are all punchy, cause the smells are the same. That different plant at the right rear with the canoe leaves is the only difference that I can tell. The label show the back plants being punch, front ones metal. The left rear may be a metal, as it is labeled with a ? Due to confusion when I planted the tailed seeds.

I am wetting the next seeds that will go in there today.

LostTribe

Premium user
Let me know which are which when you chop so I have a good idea if you have them marked. I think you said in a previous post I will check tonight can't remember. The front two look bulkier. All 4 look like the punch like top with the points where as my grapefruit and metal were rounded tops.

The one you posted with the spears pointing out all over the top and less resin in the pic looks like the Punch mom.

LostTribe

Premium user
P4 went to a new home in a 10 gallon bag, with a fresh innoculation and best wishes. I’ll see her again.

So we have the final 4, two of each pheno, all settled in. P3 at the right rear is the different looking one that was in the middle. Let’s hope they stretch.

View attachment 18780634
If you didnt move them the P5 and P3 are in the back and the Metal are in the front.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
But P5 is labeled “M?P5”, cause I kinda lost track by the end of cupping them. I will segregate the buds, easy since this is a pretty small pull. The lowers will be given more time, and any seeds will determine that. I might even put a towel under the hanging buds so dropped seeds can be identified.

I really appreciate the opportunity to grow these out Lost Tribe. I made fewer mistakes this run, and so far had no PM/SM issues. I’ll get to the others as time and opportunity allows.

We’ll see what the root autopsy shows regarding the smallish size.