What's new

Run 4 - two tents of Sativa

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have no science or validation to back this up but I’m convinced that too much LED light in early veg brings out more males. I even went 0/11 once and a couple of heavy male runs before I put the right light in the space (basically the difference between 100 watts per 4 square feet vs 65, 4k spectrum from HLG for both) Once I put the new light in my ratios went back to normal and nothing else was different. Just my $.02 but thought I’d share as it was super frustrating.

I will be mindful of that when I start flowering the next batch of Sativa regs. Thanks.
That may be a while, I think this one has 8 weeks in, 7 to go.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The lower flowers are dying off, maybe because of fan wind burn. I cut off a couple tiny flowers and squeezed out the seeds. Man, this plant is knocked up badly, and there are seeds. I wet a few in plain water, and we'll see if they tail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01473.JPG Views:	6 Size:	269.4 KB ID:	18091467 SKOHLP seeds

DSC01472.JPG
OHSK they are being made in.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those seeds I wet never tailed. Needs more time I suppose. Here we are today, still rocking that lemon smell:

DSC01477.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Some of the top pistals are turning brown.

DSC01486.JPG

Is this something to worry about? Same for the leaves under the top net.

DSC01487.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That Barney's farm AG is pretty good dope, despite me being the one growing it.

I pulled some of the very lower branches off the OHSK sativa pheno that were yellowing and drying from the fan blast Dried them on top of the fridge a few days. Hard to finish a joint for getting high, and no dopiness/ couchiness either. Except for all the seeds I have to separate, it's not bad. Tiny little seeds. Lotsa little SKOHLP seeds.

Edit: I smoked a doob late and wasn't able to get to sleep for an hour. Maybe the Sativa effect, and no more of this stuff before bed.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Leaves are still turning brown. This may be from the heat, due to poor airflow from a clogged filter. I don't know, but I have been opening the tent flaps to let hot air out. In the center, the tops look fine and are making new pistals. It should be hottest there, so who knows?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01493.JPG Views:	10 Size:	254.5 KB ID:	18102858
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01493.JPG Views:	10 Size:	254.5 KB ID:	18102858

The 4 SKOHLP seeds I have soaking have not shown tails.

Edit...

Hold the presses!! One of the SKOHLP has started a tail! It's in a dixie cup in the sprouter now.

DSC01497.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
More views of the browing leaves. I just cut a lot of them off, and will gather the seeds.

DSC01498.JPG
DSC01499.JPG

Tops in the center / back of the tent are fine. I blame the temps and clogged filter, which is behind the light bars..

DSC01500.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Bastids gone, pistals still good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01509.JPG Views:	9 Size:	226.8 KB ID:	18109571 Frost still eludes me.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01510.JPG Views:	9 Size:	237.3 KB ID:	18109572 I blame improper VPD, too hot.

I smoked some more of the very bottom buds I pulled for seeds. May not be related, but I had insomnia last night early in the morning, again. Took 2 cookies to fall asleep again. Hopefully the top buds won't be really seedy like the bottom ones are. I still haven't gotten a sprout from the earlier SKOHLP seeds I tried.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I flipped that plant on 12-1, and it has been on 10/14 for the last couple months. It is coming up on 16 weeks in flower, and still looks like it is building flower. I am gonna start taking off more of the brown bottom flowers, which are really seedy with the SKOHLP. Pull this plant from the bottom up?

DSC01511.JPG

The top buds look like they want more time.

DSC01512.JPG
I had to pull that one down to get the pic through the 6' door. Whoever said you don't need an 8' tent, hasn't grown these Sativas.

What does ICMag think, 2 more weeks? I am anxious to replace the filter in this tent, put in a different light (Mars 4800e on a controller), and get on with the next run, which will be some JohnnyChicago gear.

aliceklar

I flipped that plant on 12-1, and it has been on 10/14 for the last couple months. It is coming up on 16 weeks in flower, and still looks like it is building flower. I am gonna start taking off more of the brown bottom flowers, which are really seedy with the SKOHLP. Pull this plant from the bottom up?

The top buds look like they want more time.

I had to pull that one down to get the pic through the 6' door. Whoever said you don't need an 8' tent, hasn't grown these Sativas.

What does ICMag think, 2 more weeks? I am anxious to replace the filter in this tent, put in a different light (Mars 4800e on a controller), and get on with the next run, which will be some JohnnyChicago gear.

Still doesnt look ready... all those white pistils... looks like you've got yourself a very slow flowering pheno there. Good luck finishing her off - hope the smoke is outstanding and worth the wait!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks! I agree the pistals are saying more time. I wish I could get the plant to frost up. I have been doing what I can to keep the temps lower in there. The lemon smell is kinda reduced to a level of 3 out of 10 IMO. Also been fighting off some persistant SMs. The top buds will get a rinse when I chop them.

The OHLP male I hit her up with had super skinny leaves, but I haven't gotten a sprout up yet to see what the kids look like.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have taken the lower seedy buds, and am waiting to see the trics show they are ready to take the rest. Probably a week at the most.

Then the tent gets a good cleaning, a new filter, and a different light.

DSC01521.JPG

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01516.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey good news, I have tails on some of the SKOHLP seeds I wet, and I also knocked the fast pheno OHSK with the OHLP pollen, made seeds, and some of those have tailed too. The trick around here lately is turning tails into heads. We'll see. There is 1/2 pint of the skinny leaf seeds, so far. I wanna see skinny leaves growing, and then I will send out seeds to someone in the USA who will test them to their completion. So as this run winds down, I will be wetting run 6 (Sativa), and include some of these in the veg / sexing stage to see how they do.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01531.JPG Views:	2 Size:	247.6 KB ID:	18116039

And more of the SKOHLP seeds are still to be cleaned. What is still in the tent has seeds too, hopefully not as many.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01532.JPG Views:	0 Size:	278.7 KB ID:	18116045
Having now made seeds, I am a little blown away at how much people charge for their seeds.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Anyone (USA only because of shipping) wanna volunteer to test run either of these? If you have done diaries, and will put up some pics, I'll send them out. These seeds will go to support ICMag if they test out OK.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think the rest is ready to pull any day now. Still a lot of seeds in these buds.

Snapshot@2022_0403_075038.jpg

Slow pheno sprout has come up.

DSC01537.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts