What's new

Run #3. Haze hybrids

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
About 80* lights ON, 72* lights OFF.

Edit: The Flylowgethigh Fat Foliage Funky Feno Factory.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
NL5H is the belle of the ball right now. Bangi Haze is starting to flower. KA5H and Kali China are still putting on leaves and getting taller. I am dropping the lights to 11.5 hours ON.

DSC00909.JPG
NL5H (added on edit)

DSC00904.JPG Bangi Haze

DSC00905.JPG KA5H

DSC00906.JPG Kali China Haze

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are going to be so High when these flowers coming:flowers2: your on the way to:skiiing:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You are going to be so High when these flowers coming:flowers2: your on the way to:skiiing:

I am already high from the flowers that have come in so far. Too early to plan run #4, which I'll start at the beginning of Sept? I have an empty tent now, so lets dig into the seed stash and see... I want to run your O Haze seeds... what to run with them? Let's dig through the seed boxes...

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00907.JPG Views:	0 Size:	441.1 KB ID:	17927361

Have to narrow it down, and these will be regs. Ah yes, some Sam Skunkman (Haze/sk1) x Sk1 x (Haze/Sk1 (whatever that is), Tom Hill Haze, and some of the snitch's SSSDH 1X1, all from Seedbay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00908.JPG Views:	0 Size:	423.0 KB ID:	17927362

But I'm getting distracted from the run at hand. I must confess to getting high on my own homegrown supply.

Shit gets boring once they start flowering.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The canopy is so thick no light is getting through. I h[SUB]a[/SUB]ve a couple of these LED grow lights, which have a lot of red. is this a good idea? If one is OK, is two better?

fetch

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The Kali China is hogging the room, and showing no signs of slowing. If this keeps up I may have to untangle them and move that plant to it's own tent.

Right rear, encroaching on the NL5H and Bangi space.

DSC00911.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I tried a net on run #1 and found it to be a hassle with getting the strings out of the sticky buds. It has to be cut up, and isn't much good. As much as I hate the net, I put one in to keep the larger plants in their quadrant, to try to give the earlier flowering plants their own territory. Kali China is starting to show signs it may flower soon, but KA5H is in beast mode. Both are trying to take light from NL5H and Bangi Haze. From my notes flowering times are BH-70, NL5H - 70, KA5H-80, KCH-91 days. I screwed up not following my plan to put the longer flower plants together in the rear (ie, trade places between KA5H and NL5H), but too late. Gave them a big haircut below the net, and feed them flowering-period goodness (Sunday AM is the weekly feeding time). Light is 11:15 ON, between 750 and 1000 umoles, depending on the top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00916.JPG Views:	0 Size:	248.0 KB ID:	17929912

When I was buying the tents and equipment, I had someone say to not bother with the 8' high tent kit. Store your un-needed crap on top, they said. On the pervious runs I didn't need all the height, and there was room between the light and the fans/filter (located all the way up top). This run I have the lights up as high as they can go, up against the filter. A light with a hot ballast or one that just gets hot could be trouble.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I started the flip on 8-10 and was fully at 12/12 on 8/12. The stretch on KA5H, and especially Kali China are incredible. 19 days later those two are still growing taller. NL5H and Bangi Haze are pretty well behaved and make good tent-mates. Kali China is trying to take over the world, and is almost touching the lights. IMO, that plant has no business being in a tent. It has tripled in height and still climbing.

DSC00919.JPG
DSC00918.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The plant that is behaving the best is the NL5H, but it is being over-run by the Ace Hazes. I have tried to tie them back into their quadrants, and may have to start with the scissors to their tops if they don't stop stretching. I bet a monocrop of the NL5H would go well - but for now she fights for light and room. This plant will finish first, so how will I pull it? Disaster in the making.

I had to hold the camera over the KA5H and take a "blind" shot from up by the lights. I have tied down some of the highest tops, and the other ones are now also almost to the lights. Can't take a pic for the brightness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00926.JPG Views:	0 Size:	252.3 KB ID:	17936178

Checking for and treating the inevitable SMs will be hard, especially on NL5H back there in the corner.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was pulling the tops over and tying them down. That just takes light from other areas, and those then stretch. Now I have to cut tops, which were growing through the lights. Hopefully the stretching of th Ace plants stops. They are all flowering nicely and look happy. Too happy! Here is a KA5H top I pulled over and tied down. Taken at 6' height, top of the door.

DSC00927.JPG

Back in it's corner, NL5H chugs long. It is a nice plant. Color is a darker green than the Ace stuff. All of them have gotten the same everything.

DSC00928.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I had a chance to visit the two Cindys I gave away. They are outside and making nice flowers. Hard to tell them apart. They are SWICKing in 7 gallon bags on a pan of perlite that I had in one of the tents on run 2.

I hope I documented what I did with this recycled soil, cause it seems to be working both inside under LED (with cal-mag) and outside. These are getting filtered tap water only with unknown pH, and most recently they have had rain. No sprays yet, and no bugs either that I could tell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01023.JPG Views:	0 Size:	470.8 KB ID:	17947928

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01023.JPG Views:	0 Size:	470.8 KB ID:	17947928

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
A peek into the jungle mess in the big tent at week 6 of flower. Here are the Bangi and Kali China hazes:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01024.JPG Views:	0 Size:	264.4 KB ID:	17952426

Back in the corner, and probably the first to finish, is the NK5 Haze. This plant didn't have a chance in there with the monsters. Edit, after looking at the zoom-in on this pic, I pulled a fan leaf and it looks like mold is starting. Not sure what I can do about that, as it is too far back to spray. The smell on my hand after reaching in has chem and a slight mint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01025.JPG Views:	0 Size:	255.1 KB ID:	17952427

KA5H has a bunch of tiny individual flowers. This will be a pain to harvest I fear. Give it another 4 weeks to see if it builds up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01027.JPG Views:	0 Size:	248.8 KB ID:	17952428

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Don't be afraid to remove the lower foliage in the tent that isn't getting light. I start w removing the fan leaves with the longest stems and normally about 25% of the bottom of the plant. Some claim it will cause the tops to produce bigger buds. Overall they all look very healthy! Those c99 outside looking good too.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This is about 45 days. I reach in there and pull off fan leaves often. These Ace hazes, especially the Kali China haze, just don't play well with others. I reached in with the cam for a pic to show how the KCH is towering over poor little NL5H. They are up into the lights. Gawd how good the stuff is smelling though on my hand.

KCH should take 91 days, KA5H 80, and the Bangi and NL5 hazes 70 days. With the damn stretchy net I used to try to keep the Ace stuff in place, getting the NL5 haze out will be a real hassle.

Kali China, halfway through flower, leaning over the space NL5 haze is in.:

DSC01028.JPG

LostTribe

Premium user
This is about 45 days. I reach in there and pull off fan leaves often. These Ace hazes, especially the Kali China haze, just don't play well with others. I reached in with the cam for a pic to show how the KCH is towering over poor little NL5H. They are up into the lights. Gawd how good the stuff is smelling though on my hand.

KCH should take 91 days, KA5H 80, and the Bangi and NL5 hazes 70 days. With the damn stretchy net I used to try to keep the Ace stuff in place, getting the NL5 haze out will be a real hassle.

Kali China, halfway through flower, leaning over the space NL5 haze is in.:

Better view there that looks pretty good.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LOL, not if you are that little NL5H bud on the bottom left, being towered over by the Kali China gangsta!

I reached way in for another view of hapless NL5H. Surprised they didn't bite my arm off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01037.JPG Views:	0 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	17954460

The smells in there are cool. Should be a hazy turkey day celebration.

I am surprised at the lack of leaf distress in the recycled soil, and hope I can duplicate this in the next run.

Latest posts

Latest posts