What's new

Run #3. Haze hybrids

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Unless I find out these won't finish together, I'm gonna run some of Dubi's gear and a Sensi Seeds variety. These will be in 10 gallon bags of living soil in the automatic watering tent. How long they veg will be assessed "on the fly", but I am thinking about 2-2.5 feet above soil at the flip with pinching and training. The Strawberry Banana I am running now is building my tall plant confidence, and there is still another foot available to raise the light higher. They won't get any outside veg time.

Ace Bangi Haze
Ace Killer A5 Haze
Ace Haze x Kali china
Sensi NL#5 x Haze

DSC00723.JPG

Looking back, why the hell did I only buy packs of 3 seeds? My credit card is being blocked now when I try to buy gear from Oaseeds. I will try these before I attempt any O haze.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
All are soaking, and I added a couple of backup seeds in case there are issues like the run 2 start. One in a little baggie labeled "C99", the other same labeled "Cindarella 99". If the 4 hazes all do OK, these will go somewhere else. The tent should be ready in a week when these have sprouted (hopefully).

I had issues last start with either bugs or too coarse of soil. Both of those issues will be prevented this time. I think the bugs were my killer red worm bin mites, which are beneficial in later stages

JustGrowing420

:yeahthats

Also very interesting to see NL5/Haze from Sensi, don't think I've seen it on here, at least recently.
It's my first try with haze hybrids too.

I think the icmag haze lovers do some voodoo to newer growers here!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
All 6 have sprouted in Dixie cups with soil. I screened the top 1" layer so it would be more fine for the tailed seeds (from soaking), but probably just concentrated the EWC and peat fines on top. At least so far the starting problems of run 2 are not being repeated.

DSC00750.JPG

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
what kind of light are they under currently?

Puts on his best "Scotty" accent and says: "I'm giving her all I got Captain!". About 180 to190 umoles worth. I waiting to add more soil after I see what they do. So far OK I think, but you can tell these aren't gonna be squat bushes already. Can I start to pinch these at the 4th set of leaves like I do the indicas?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00760.JPG Views:	0 Size:	299.9 KB ID:	17896456

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s not what I meant :biglaugh:when they’re young like that what I like to do is put them under lowly fluorescent 24/7 , for good development & keep the stretch down (If you keep the tops close as possible directly under the light)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
They have been on 24/7 since sprouting. There is a T5, a LED grow light, and the little blue finger light.

So what about pinching?

draztik

Veteran
They have been on 24/7 since sprouting. There is a T5, a LED grow light, and the little blue finger light.

So what about pinching?

I think that's too much light for those little seedlings. If you notice the leaf curl on the seedlings, that's a tell tail sign of too much LED light. You could probably get away with just that T5 fluro and you would be good.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats my point ...i enjoy using low light fluro right up on the tops of the seedlings 24/7 till they get thicker & less early stretch, then work from there

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
OK OK... I turned off the LED bar which had red anyways, and re-arranged the best 5 plants so they are under the T5. The little blue LEDs are still up there. I had leaf twisting the last time also, which I attributed to watering the heck outta the dixie cups. These are still 24/0.

DSC00765.JPG

If I could find a way to have a waterproof 4' x 4' x 1' high tub, I could have 5 ea 10 gallon bags in one tent, and water them all at once as they sit on a wick bed. That would be a real jungle I bet.

I don't wanna ditch the "Cinderella 99" spare plant, as it is about as stretchy as the Hazes. The "C99" is probably a poseur.

draztik

Veteran
OK OK... I turned off the LED bar which had red anyways, and re-arranged the best 5 plants so they are under the T5. The little blue LEDs are still up there. I had leaf twisting the last time also, which I attributed to watering the heck outta the dixie cups. These are still 24/0.

If I could find a way to have a waterproof 4' x 4' x 1' high tub, I could have 5 ea 10 gallon bags in one tent, and water them all at once as they sit on a wick bed. That would be a real jungle I bet.

I don't wanna ditch the "Cinderella 99" spare plant, as it is about as stretchy as the Hazes. The "C99" is probably a poseur.

I have that same white fixture LED, got it from the H depot. It was the first LED I ever bought. I was there shopping one day and saw it and thought it would be perfect for seedlings. I noticed after starting some seedlings under it they all had leaf curl while my others under t5's didn't. Everything between the two setups was the same except for the light. Did another run, same situation. Backed off the LED next run and problem solved. LED's are different that fluros and every other light, can't treat them the same they are completely different.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is where I got it also, actually 2 of them. I could take down the LED and put another T5 in it's place, because I think more light will help keep them compact. I had trouble with them being too tight at first with the indica hybrids. Looking at it, I am not so sure the T5 isn't a fake flourescent that is really LED inside. But the grow LED has a lot of red, so It's off.

draztik

Veteran
T5's like the one you have imo are the best for seedlings and clones. Can't go wrong with them. You could go with another if you want but I think one from the height you have it setup is perfect. If you notice some places sell humidity domes with an indent in them to fit one T5. I'm assuming they don't get hot enough to melt the dome, but don't take my word on it I've never tried it, it could also be meant for one of those 18w LED strip lights.

I hope you get a nice pheno out of the Killer A5's, I found two out of a 6 pack that i liked a lot, I ended up only keeping one because of my space, they were very similar in smell the one I didn't keep was much leafier than my keeper, that was the determining factor for me.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. I will see if I can step up my nursery and replace the LED with another one of those T5 lights. That will center the lights over the shelf. The plants arranged 5 across are liking life better. The ones on the ends are bending in toward the little blue bar lights, so they must like those.

That's a donated starter house and heater pad. The way I have it with the pad running all the time under the plastic pan, setting on the wire shelf, seems to keep the temps pretty good for sprouts. The little remote reads 28*C/68 (not 82)% right now.. The cups with stands are part of the system. I put a lot of wster on to keep the soil moist, and started inoculating yesterday. The cups can drain, but they don't have runoff. The base allows warm air to keep the bottom of the cup warm, but water needs increase. The lid is easy to remove with the clearance there is. That is a closet shelf above, and I have towels hanging off it to isolate the temps somewhat, and keep light down in the closet. I dry in there too. This closet is the one in my lung room.

The first time I tried to start in there (run 2) it was 15* outside, and the humidity was super low. Then I had something eat my sprout heads, and 2 midgets from funky root starts. This time it is going smoother. BTW, one of those midgets is SB2, now the best plant in the tent despite being 2 weeks less veg.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts