What's new

Ruderalis picked from the wild five days ago...

smokeymacpot

Veteran
looks smokeable to me

apperances can be deceptive. whilst they may look good, the smoke is unlikely to give you anything more than a headache.

i know what i would be doing if i lived there.... planting strong strains and no one would notice or care :joint:

sznake

jarhead
I agree that looks can be very deceiving indeed! Not only looks but smells too!
If every knowledgeable pothead is aware that smell=terpene oils, the bottom line is that NOT EVEN RESIN is a direct indicator of THC content.

Resin is not THC!
THC is a COMPONENT of resin!
And there can also be RESIN WITHOUT THC! (resin that lacks in the component thc)

For instance, would you think the bud in the picture below is going to get you high?

Nope! It won't! The bud in this picture is an accidental hybrid of Ruderalis with multiple potent indicas among which Bubba Kush! The bud, even though packed with resin, didn't even TINGLE a neuron! NOTHING! And I have smoked the whole plant(fairly small one) in one night! Nothing! No high! ZERO!

But of course, this was just a pheno, another pheno of the same cross had less resin(!) and decent potency! Funny, isn't it?

As far as planting among rudies, I got some dominant indicas ripped out right from among some skinny rudies... Quality strains can stand out too much sometimes!

berrea

That's really funny! I know of a recent story just like that! A friend of mine went to the Czech and gave a waiter at a restaurant an usual amount of tip, nothing special, and at the end, the waiter guy called him outside the place and gave him what looked like 30 grams of weed (more than an ounce) :D

Daaaang, they must have more weed than they can smoke over there, or they're just very-very generous and nice people!:) Or maybe locals don't usually tip in the Czech Republic..? :)

1st thing : the tips...
its not like in more western countries... we give tips only in the meaning of rounding (not everyone and everytime but usually) for example if we have to pay 371 CZK, we give the waiter 380,- (400 when in very good mood) so if your tip was like 20percent or so, he surely was happy...

2nd thing : generosity...
those of us who grow and dont sell (and here are many of us... maybe about 25 000 what is 1/40 of our population) usually have too much weed for themselves, so they give around most of their crop... so heres a lot of weed to get :)
and theres one more reason... everyone who grows his own weed is proud of it and wants others to taste... if friends arrive to my place, i dont want to smoke their weed, i want them to smoke my weed :D

Puffster

1st thing : the tips...
its not like in more western countries... we give tips only in the meaning of rounding (not everyone and everytime but usually) for example if we have to pay 371 CZK, we give the waiter 380,- (400 when in very good mood) so if your tip was like 20percent or so, he surely was happy...

2nd thing : generosity...
those of us who grow and dont sell (and here are many of us... maybe about 25 000 what is 1/40 of our population) usually have too much weed for themselves, so they give around most of their crop... so heres a lot of weed to get :)
and theres one more reason... everyone who grows his own weed is proud of it and wants others to taste... if friends arrive to my place, i dont want to smoke their weed, i want them to smoke my weed :D

czech republic is probably one of the countries I most would like to visit....great parties, amazing and beautiful women and it seems like you have plenty of good weed and like to share it :)

A

arcticsun

i have some questions..

the taller plants, which has been described as up to 12 feet tall, are these also fully autoflowering.

are all these varieties fully autoflowering?

thanks for the wonderful read and pics guys, i really enjoyed. :D

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Wow, props on answering questions for 2 years straight on this!

Fins some Sativas that look like those and plant away man..Johny appleseed style

sznake

jarhead
i have some questions..

the taller plants, which has been described as up to 12 feet tall, are these also fully autoflowering.

are all these varieties fully autoflowering?

thanks for the wonderful read and pics guys, i really enjoyed. :D

That's a good question, you see, it depends on the local "micro-population". The thing is, in some places the Ruderalis is mixed with more recent industrial genes, and therefore in some populations you see mainly tall, longer flowering plants, and in other populations you see very squat autoflowering plants that are done by the end of July.

It all depends on the location. In order to find really early and midget plants you have to explore different locations. But I pretty much figured a few locations with very early short autoflowering plants.

But also, every year, these locations tend to drift more or less because of weather pattern variation. For instance the plants that I picked in 2007 (was it?) at the beginning of this thread were very small and early, but the following year I went back to that location and there was no trace of cannabis over there anymore. We had a very dry spring that year and apparently in that location it hadn't rained and no seeds sprouted in that location that year.

But birds feed on the seeds and move them to different locations. I noticed that the tiny seeds moreover have thick and hard shells and are practically impossible to germinate in a paper towel. I'm guessing the shell thickness has the function to keep the seeds undigested in the birds' digestive tracts until they are defecated to various locations.

berrea

we dont have the autoflowering ones here... those more on in the east and north... we have some early flowering sativas here, but they are done by end of august... its pretty interesting material to work with

A

arcticsun

wow this is great information.. Thanks alot for the detailed answers. I thought i had this thread bookmarked but seems i didnt. Im glad i found it again.

So i guess all the autoflowering ones are tiny then, i was hoping there might be a larger autoflower out there somewhere to work on for breeding purps.

I wonder what would come from a cross with a very long flowering tropical sativa and an AF? :D

CFP65

Normally the "Hyoscyamus Niger" plant found in the wild indicates that somekind of Convent or Nonnery have been present in the past.
Do you know if that is the case where you found it, the ruderalis cannabis around such a place could wery well be ar reminicent from such a place too.

Latest posts

Latest posts