What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 8x600w Indoor Garden

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Update time! Been very lazy about updating. We're going to throw about 14 more lights into this facility after this run though, and hopefully play around with some LEC lighting and some other propagation methods for fun.

On Day 40 today, came to compare to how i was doing last time since I was feeling they're a bit small, but they're on par or bigger than last time so we should be good.
Top picture in this post is today, the bottom picture is from day 37 on the last run with this strain in this room, notice the red tape on the back wall for a size reference...

Today Day 40
T1mJMTv.jpg

last run day 37
lzoij9l.jpg

This current run has a handful more plants on the table. This run had a longer veg by a few days as well. Temps have been more optimal with a 2nd 6 inch intake running as backup on a thermostat. Humidity is also around 45-55 rather than the horrible 30's range on the last run. Stems are about 5 times thicker, so im hoping to see the bud growth really take off in this last stretch.....

catalyte

Veteran
nice room!

looking really good.

i know you may have covered this already but what variety do have in there?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Is that corregated roofing that slopes into a 4" cut-off PVC pipe? That's what it looks like anyway. Brilliant idea for taking care of run-off!! I might just have to steal that design.

packerfan79

Veteran
I used corrugated metal roofing for my trays in my stadium. Works like a charm. Better than spending 500 bucks on Dutch leach trays that would get clogged with coco anyways

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Is that corregated roofing that slopes into a 4" cut-off PVC pipe? That's what it looks like anyway. Brilliant idea for taking care of run-off!! I might just have to steal that design.

yup yup, corrugated roofing on top of OSB wood draining into a rain gutter, the raingutter then drains down to a reservoir with a float valve that empties it.
The geometry of the room doesn't work for ebb and flow tables otherwise we'd have taken the easy route hahah

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
nice room!

looking really good.

i know you may have covered this already but what variety do have in there?

all good, i was calling it something different earlier in the thread due to confusion between myself and the clone supplier.

its a cut known as lindsay OG or "LOG"

catalyte

Veteran
^ that's a great strain!

always wondered what the plant looks/grows like, but the flowers are exceptional(seen em many times by different growers). very "loud" :yes:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
^ that's a great strain!

always wondered what the plant looks/grows like, but the flowers are exceptional(seen em many times by different growers). very "loud" :yes:

I dont mind it.. it gains a ton of size after flipping to flower. Seems to be a nice yielder too.... Un-even canopy, but nothing unmanageable

I keep getting a lockout/rust followed by crispy leaves towards the end on it for some reason even though chemistry is spot on. only under the hps lights too, so either they're metabolising funny or the bulbs themselves are shit, gonna swap them out for a different brand next run so we'll see.

Gonna try out some more strains though since the clone factory i buy from seems to have a nice menu

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
sitting at 43 days, buds are visibly packing on weight at this point, every time the lights turn on, there is noticeable girth... So hopefully they do something impressive in the next 2-3 weeks before I chop em...

soda can stuck in there for scale

YKRT0gJ.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
hot weekend here in BC, canopy temps are getting shitty...... doesn't bode well for my plans to run air exchange for the summer and build more rooms :(

Now i need to figure out if i can rig up portable A/C units or if I'm going to have to bite the bullet and invest in a mini split (which i dont want to do with this crowded marketplace of $1200 pounds)

2 years ago i'd have gladly invested in all of the hvac shit needed.... but 2017 is 2017

For the remainder of this run, i'm dailing the lights back to 50%, I figure optimal temps are a bigger advantage to overheated lumens right now

7RqQiub.jpg

catalyte

Veteran
^ good call on less lighting to get a better temp. That in my opinion, is way more important than lighting at this point in your crop. Indica varieties simply aren't using as much light from week 6 on for a typical 9 weeker...

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Update!

Cutting them down 1 week later than last run.

The plants are crisssspy. Having talked to a lot of growers running this cutting, its apparently pretty normal towards the finish, and can be tweaked a bit with some nutrient changes towards the end so I'll play around with that for next run. (high temps towards the finish also contributed to the crispyness as seen in the last post)

I just placed an order for 8 x 315w LECs, For the next run I'm going to do a staggered LEC/HPS pattern rather than the HPS/MH pattern I'm doing now.

So we'll have two 8 light rooms running a mix of 315's and 600's. My plan is to run these rooms for the summer, dialing the 600's back to 50% during the occasional weeks where we'll have heat spells. (my goal is to avoid air cooled shades and also to avoid buying mini-split ACs)

Once summer is over we'll probably fill the rooms with 600 HPS and then run the LEC's as supplementary lighting down the center of the rows.

OysLhzR.jpg

Last edited:

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Next Generation is getting started. Gonna do 50 of this existing strain, and 50 of a cutting called MK Ultra

A neat thing to note:
My clones come from a producer who conservatively makes more than the top 5 Canadian LPs combined. in order to ward off damping off and other nasty clone pathogens in such a large operation, he uses a mycorhizae blend. Because of the humid cloning environment, some of the beneficial fungi strains actually fruit on the rockwool (see 2nd pic)

pic 1: they look shitty due to watering with a watering can that got them all wet.
WA4Kr1g.png

pic 2: the fruiting mycorhizae
fpwcOqJ.jpg

catalyte

Veteran
looking good.

funny you should mention Mycorhizae fruiting on rockwool cause i have definitely seen that before. Beneficial bacteria and fungi are great additives for cloning no doubt about it.

GastroGrower

I think we're only going to learn more and more about how we can use beneficial fungi in all areas of growing. Such a powerful symbiotic relationship in many cases.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
annnnnd another one done in the room, trimming took 4 people the same amount of time as 2 people took last time, so I'm hoping to hit 1lb per 600w this go.

This strain really really gets sensitive towards the end, it might be time to rotate it out of the room, curious to see how the MK ultra will do.

B3xvS2X.png

ZDuXZe8.png