What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to debunk the bunk as I go.
removed us from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, which kept tensions low between us and the soviets during the cold war.
Was the Anti-ballistic missile treaty necessary after the cold war ended? After all, only the Soviet Union and the U.S. were signers. It seems to me that it served it's purpose and now that we're not in an arms race with Russia we don't need it anymore.
Rejecting the Kyoto Protocol to lower carbon emissions.
The Kyoto protocol is much like anti-gun legislation (or considering the audience--a war on drugs). It's well meaning but does not provide a solution to the problem it attempts to address.

Even Clinton signed the Kyoto treaty but didn't submit it to the Senate for three years.

Numerous sources (leaning both left and right) report of Kyoto's failure.
LA Times: Kyoto Failures Haunt UN Talks
International Political Review: The Failures and Achievements of the Kyoto Protocol
The Lies of Durban: Kyoto CO2 Emissions Controls Were A Success
Congressional Testimony: "Kyoto Protocol: 'A useless appendage to an irrelevant treaty:
NRO: Lessons of Kyoto
The Independent: The Big Question: Is the Kyoto treaty an outdated failure based on the wrong premises?

It's main accomplishment that many cite is that it increased awareness to the general public about pollution and the potential harms of certain gases.

Took office with an agenda of leading us into War with Iraq and said "Saddam tried to kill my daddy" as one of his reasons. A man who made his fortunes from oil attacking a large oil producer and gaining a military foothold in the region is hardly a coincidence.
Whether he took office with an agenda of leading us into war with Iraq or not, I don't know. At the least, your assertion is speculative.

Where's the billions of dollars in oil revenue if we went to war with Iraq for oil?

Personally, I think it was a knee jerk reaction. We knew Saddam had a bounty on suicide bombers that kill Americans. I believe he was paying 10,000 - 20,000 dollars to the survivor's families. It's like the loner kid that gets bullied during recess, and because he doesn't want to look like a punk he picks someone he already doesn't like and beats the snot out of him just to prove a point. "Mess with me again and you'll end up like that guy."

Allowing the BIN LADEN Family to be the only people allowed to fly on sept 11, probably as a gift back to the people who invested startup money in his first energy company, ARBUSTO. (please research this, I dont have the time to get into a pages long post of the history of this, Dave Emory offers a good starting point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bin Laden family (minus Osama/Usama) pretty normal semi-western Arab family. If nothing else it protected the innocent Bin Laden's from having to face an angry mob of Americans trying to kill anyone sharing the same surname.

Completely fabricating the fact iraq had WMDs.
Iraq had WMDs. The question is whether they were hidden/destroyed/or shipped to another country prior to our invasion. Saddam had gassed his own citizens. How do you use nerve toxins on your own citizens if you don't possess nerve toxins?

Saddam's genocidal killing of Kurds is well documented.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Anfal_Campaign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack

But even if you are a little skeptical (as this article may suggest you should be: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1779.htm), the article is not alleging that Saddam/Iraq didn't have chemical weapons merely that the chemical weapons were used against Iranians and Iran had committed the attacks at Halabaja and blamed it on Saddam.

"On March 24, 2004, Bush joked about the weapons of mass destruction ... Some found it tasteless of him to be joking about the issue."
I agree not very funny and very tasteless considering the soldiers that lost their lives to retrieve something which may or may not have been there.

Creating the hellhole and haven for various terrorist factions that Iraq now is.
I agree. Our involvement in other nations either covertly or overtly has blow-back it always has and it always will.

WATERBOARDING

GITMO
I suspect that things like Waterboarding and prisoners being held at GITMO/CIA facilities happened prior to 2001, I think the post-9/11 world awoke to some of the atrocities that our nation commits. Regardless, while Bush enacted these things Obama has done nothing to resolve them. Doesn't that make them equally guilty?

If I create a problem and you have the capability to fix it, don't we both deserve blame if neither does what they should.

THE PATRIOT ACT, which allows blanket action by the government and LEO against "Suspected Terrorists"
Agreed, but the Patriot Act wasn't penned by the President just signed into law by the POTUS. If anything I'd place the blame more on the Congress and Senate since they write laws. The POTUS just signs or vetoes, both are liable.

Same as above, Obama hasn't stopped the TPA.

what I believe is his collusion with the planners of 9/11(you can ignore this as it is my personal opinion, and no i do not believe in controlled demolition and the missile at the pentagon theories, and this are wignut theories to distract us from what really happened)
While I agree that the stories we were told about 9/11 are fishy to say the least… I’m not sure what really happened. False flag? Inside Job? Controlled demolition? I have no idea.
But I do know some things don’t seem to add up. The WTC towers fell almost like a controlled demolition. Maybe it was just God’s grace that kept the body count as low as it was. It certainly could’ve been worse. The plane that went down in Somerset County didn’t look like a typical plane crash site, more like it was shot down or blown up mid-air. The wreckage spanned a humungous area.

The Pentagon’s attack is even more fishy. All video coverage of the crash was confiscated and the Pentagon released a mere 12 frames which neglect to show the item which hit the pentagon prior to the explosion. Likewise, the Pentagon refused FOIA requests for other confiscated videos (citing that releasing the videos would create a problem for law enforcement) and they still haven’t released them 10 years after the event.
Occum’s Razor. Is it easier to believe that a terrorist who had no experience (except for flight sim training) flew a 757 jet (for the first time) and was able to complete a maneuver that most Naval and Air Force pilots admit that they couldn’t execute or is it more plausible that something else happened?

Banking bailouts to companies who were laundering drug money from Casa de Cambios in Mexico(See Wachovia)
Agreed.

Carte Blanche for oil companies to do as they wish(Oh yeah Remember Dik Cheney ran HALLIBURTON, you prolly dont, but I do)
I’m not sure they do as they wish… but all of their money= a lot of power = a lot of lobbyists = getting favors from the POTUS and his administration. This makes Bush not much more different than the last 10 Presidents before him.
Spending us into a hole with overreaching defense spending.
We’ve always had a problem with defense spending. Agreed that the Iraq/Afghan wars added a lot of debt, Obama hasn’t done any better. In fact, it’s been more than 1,000 days since a budget was signed by the President.
He’s essentially just asking congress to write him a blank check for the last 3 years with no clear plan of action or budget.
Heres some quick checking you can do, as I suspect you don't have the time or inclination to research as much as I have since 2000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

Not an obama apologist either(I Voted RON PAUL in 08 and will do so again this year), but these war and economic machinations were set in motion before him.
I agree with ya.
I changed my registration prior to the 2008 primary and voted for Clinton because I saw her as a less worrisome Democratic candidate. IMO, (and I’m no supporter of most democrats), she would’ve been much better on the economy; war; social issues; drug war; etc. than Obama. But hey at least we can say we’re over racism… we elected a black guy. :rolleyes:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
so.... newt is changing directions....

Funny thing, the delegates are only bound to vote the first time, after that, they can vote how they wish.

As someone mentioned about 500 posts ago. Iowa might have been a win for Paul, because the actual delegates are Paul supporters. If there is more than one vote at the convention, they can switch to Paul.

Im thinking that if another candidate (like Gingrich) uses a similar strategy, they will force multiple votes (a plurality, not a majority).

Perhaps that is Newts announcement @ 11pm.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i admire the tenacity and the 'stick to it'ness' that some of you guys have for Ron Paul, but he ain't gonna be president or the GOP nominee...

the absolute best he can do is ruin the GOP's chances by running as an independent, which i would love to see him do...

they keep ignoring him and not giving him the time he should be due, so if I was him, i would get their attention by fucking them... and then announce publicly why he ran as an independent...

someone needs to shake up the status quo and he is posed to make a statement...

i admire the tenacity and the 'stick to it'ness' that some of you guys have for Ron Paul, but he ain't gonna be president or the GOP nominee...

the absolute best he can do is ruin the GOP's chances by running as an independent, which i would love to see him do...

they keep ignoring him and not giving him the time he should be due, so if I was him, i would get their attention by fucking them... and then announce publicly why he ran as an independent...

someone needs to shake up the status quo and he is posed to make a statement...
Everyone says that they'd support Paul, but he's "unelectable." If all those people just forgot about whether he was as attractive or charismatic as the other guys and voted for him he'd be the candidate already.

I kicked myself for not supporting Paul in the primary of 2008 since I thought it was more important to defeat Obama, now I'm not compromising.

Fuck it. I don't care. Vote based on conscience and you can savor that your vote is never wasted. I've voted for plenty of "better than..." candidates. Enough.

GP73LPC

Veteran
i agree closetadvocate... i have voted for many of libertarians and wasted my vote when the candidate didn't have a chance.

i did it to voice my opinion, but it was still a lost cause...

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
IF this stays a four way race, Dr Paul has just as good a chance as any.

For example. Newt is not on the Missouri ballot. So if this is the Romney vs Anti Romney vote, Santorum has a good chance of winning.

If they can keep Mittens from winning a majority, something easier to do in a four way race, anything can happen at the convention.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting. They were showing the late caucus in Clark County on CNN. It was for observant Jews and other religious groups that spend all Saturday in prayer and can't make the early caucuses.

Count so far was 153 Ron Paul, 43 Mittens, 11 Newt, and a couple for Santorum.

F'ing slaughter. The CNN's talking head looked terribly confused. It was pretty awesome to watch them count the votes and see Mittens get wiped on the floor.

Too bad it looks like he's going to walk away with Nevada. If that last caucus is any indication of what will come out of Clark county then Paul should take a strong second.

I'm hoping Newt stays in the race and he and Mittens end up eating each other alive with negative ads. I'm not worried about Santorum.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Final Tally for Clark County late caucus: 183 Ron Paul, Mittens 61. Too bad this isn't representative for the rest of the country or RP would take Nevada.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Interesting. They were showing the late caucus in Clark County on CNN. It was for observant Jews and other religious groups that spend all Saturday in prayer and can't make the early caucuses.

This was a special caucus that happened Friday night. Current results for Clark County still coning in.
Edited to correct that- It was indeed Saturday night. Don't know why I put up Friday, lol...Just these stupid brain farts I have sometimes.

Last edited:

Rukind

Unfortunately it is the Illuminati within Israel and our Military among other places that are causing all the issues. They are taking orders from the dark side.

RUKIND post 2359..I think...was brilliant information!

Thank you. I could have made that post a little better (more information, spelling, etc..), but I only had about 10 minutes so I didn't read over it.

SacredBreh

GP73LPC

Veteran
This was a special caucus that happened Friday night. Current results for Clark County still coning in.

i think it was a late caucus Saturday night...

it was live on CNN and i saw it too...

before the vote they showed the process, with people standing and voicing their opinions... it just happened to be Ron Paul supporters time to speak when the cameras were rolling live...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was actually the late Saturday caucus. Last one for the state in Clark Co. I didn't stay up to watch the final results come from Clark Co. Looks like Newt took second overall.

Pretty amazing how the late caucus was all about Ron Paul. Not representative of the rest of the state at all. Interesting indeed.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^Ron Paul is right the government is a reflection of the people. The government is fat and apathetic and so are most Americans.

resinryder

Veteran
That was actually the late Saturday caucus. Last one for the state in Clark Co. I didn't stay up to watch the final results come from Clark Co. Looks like Newt took second overall.

Pretty amazing how the late caucus was all about Ron Paul. Not representative of the rest of the state at all. Interesting indeed.

I do stand corrected. Don't know why I put down Friday night, lol
From what the paper listed this morning the late caucus was over run by Paul Supporters who lied and signed an affidavit to vote citing religious reasons. And some even making comments that were taken to be anti Semitic. IE-referred to as the Goldman Sachs representatives or New York Lawyers which is apparently code words for Jew? It was open to Jews, Seventh Day Adventist, and other faiths that observe the Sabbath, sundown Friday night to sundown Saturday night. When asked about their faith, those who identified themselves as Paul supporters told the Rabbi's and 7th Day Adventist leaders present, who didn't recognize them, that their faith was "personal" but the GOP organizers let them stay and vote anyway to avoid problems even tho the police had been called and were standing by.

resinryder

Veteran
i just dont get why so few people are voting for ron paul

are people retarded or what?

In my location, 95 % or better were older people that had no where else to be. Mostly over 60 and many over the 65 to 70 age group. They are the "old Guard" and "Party Faithful". This group of people in the Republican party still pretty much believe the bullshit that comes out of Romney's, Newt's, and Santorum's mouth. They came along during or after the hard times of WW ll and honestly believe the government is doing the right thing, but disagree with the Democratic party very strongly on how it should be done. It's very hard for this group to stand back, take a long hard look at how both parties are and have been fucking them over all the while holding out the wooden goblets for more of their Koolaid poured from the golden vessel's of their party leaders. They have been drinking said Koolaid for so long it's hard to tell it has become more bitter every year.
They like the business back groud Romney has,Even tho when asked a direct question all Romney can answer with is that he worked for Bain for 25 years, been married for 42 years, and has belonged to the same church all his life, they somehow think this arrogant, unapproachable, out of touch prick of a man can beat Obama and draw cross over Independents to do it. I don't see it.
What's really sad it that Paul represents every thing they believe in. But he's not wrapped up in a fancy package and he doesn't back down from telling them the truth, what government is actually doing. They just have a very hard time thinking that their government is capable of being this far out of touch. And sadly, many in this age group have few qualms regarding giving up a few liberties to have safety. After all, the government is doing what they have to do to protect us from people who wish to do us harm. What's wrong with that eh?
They'll be dead and gone in a couple of election cycles and maybe things will start to change then. But that's if government doesn't take us completely over the edge and develop a new flavor of koolaid that draws voters over to their side to keep on doing the same they are now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.