What's new

Romney says he will Destroy Medical Marijuana "Tooth and Nail"..

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
This legalization attached with a 75% tax is a huge windfall for every cartel and gang in America. And what can the police do? How can they verify that every ounce a person holds was purchase from a registered store? Impossible! And now when Mexican gangs do get caught all they are charged with is not having a proper license.

This kind of rhetoric is essentially talking out of your ass.

The key to this is that people can pretty much get high and still work in these states and still be a smoker. Weed has always and will always be more than corn and potatoes and either the cartels, the government will always have control of any vice unless you make your own.

The only ones that really lose with legalization are the dealers. As long as you are not a dealer enjoy your new freedom and quit bitching. A lot of us just like to get high, not use it as a way to make money.

This legalization attached with a 75% tax is a huge windfall for every cartel and gang in America. And what can the police do? How can they verify that every ounce a person holds was purchase from a registered store? Impossible! And now when Mexican gangs do get caught all they are charged with is not having a proper license.

The estimated price per gram in Washington is $12. Which is for a full gram, not the .75 .8 most dealers sell on the street. Which means in reality, you are only paying a tiny bit more for legal weed.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This kind of rhetoric is essentially talking out of your ass.

The key to this is that people can pretty much get high and still work in these states and still be a smoker. Weed has always and will always be more than corn and potatoes and either the cartels, the government will always have control of any vice unless you make your own.

The only ones that really lose with legalization are the dealers. As long as you are not a dealer enjoy your new freedom and quit bitching. A lot of us just like to get high, not use it as a way to make money.

correction. the stupid dealers. smart dealers will figure shit out. move more bulk to make up for it,or sell smaller sacks to make a higher profit margin.

Jamorg13

yes it is legal now, and the guide lines will be defined by dec 6th. It was legal to grow your meds there before. same in Co. dont com in here and spread misinformation.

He said "So, I am given to beleive that since growing your own is now permitted in these states that more people will just grow their own as well and the numbers in tax revenue may be over inflated."

It is not legal here in WA state to grow your own for recreational use and will not be after 502 is implemented. It IS legal to grow here if you are a patient.

The new law in CO WILL make it legal to grow six plant for recreational use.

I was not spreading misinformation.

i believe if you want to pony up the $1250 to get a grow permit, you can grow for whatever reason you want to. (whenever in the hell this new law kicks in). he seems to have been talking about legal as in, if you have a green card since he said the word 'meds'. from what i have been reading the new law has no effect whatsoever on medical permit cans and can'ts. its for those that dont have green cards. i think you both know what the law in wa is now, no need to argue about it.

ps, FUCK ROMNEY ANYWAY!

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I'm pretty sure personal grows don't require a fee or license as long as they are within the (non commercial plant numbers). But if you want to sell commercially or have a store front, you will need to get a permit depending on the amount of commercial herb you were growing.

From what i read, that was the gist of it. I'm pretty sure it was 6 Plants that anyone over 21 in Colorado could grow without a permit, but please correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited:

Jamorg13

^^ six plant for personal in CO, none here in WA unless you are a med patient. Not sure how long being a med patient will last for though. People believing they could grow there own was a big reason why it was voted in. No one took the time to actually read the initiative.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He said "So, I am given to beleive that since growing your own is now permitted in these states that more people will just grow their own as well and the numbers in tax revenue may be over inflated."

It is not legal here in WA state to grow your own for recreational use and will not be after 502 is implemented. It IS legal to grow here if you are a patient.

The new law in CO WILL make it legal to grow six plant for recreational use.

I was not spreading misinformation.

you are wrong and, yes you are spreading misinformation by spreading incomplete information. People worked hard to get these bills passed, so please know what you are talking about fully before discouraging people. pay your 1200 bucks and you can be rec licensed. I have provided you with all the education you need below. to continue to argue this point with me basically means you are just ignoring legal text in front of your face and refusing to read. In that case there is nothing I can do for you, but at least I can inform others with facts.

it will be legal to grow commercially for recreational smokers if you follow the three tier system they are putting in place. It is modeled after their alcohol system.

http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/i502.pdf

PART III LICENSING AND REGULATION OF MARIJUANA PRODUCERS, PROCESSORS, AND RETAILERS
NEW SECTION. Sec. 4. (1) There shall be a marijuana producer's license to produce marijuana for sale at wholesale to marijuana processors and other marijuana producers, regulated by the state liquor control board and subject to annual renewal. The production, possession, delivery, distribution, and sale of marijuana in accordance with the provisions of this act and the rules adopted to implement and enforce it, by a validly licensed marijuana producer, shall not be a criminal or civil offense under Washington state law. Every marijuana producer's license shall be issued in the name of the applicant, shall specify the location at which the marijuana producer intends to operate, which must be within the state of Washington, and the holder thereof shall not allow any other person to use the license. The application fee for a marijuana producer's license shall be two hundred fifty dollars. The annual fee for issuance and renewal of a marijuana producer's license shall be one thousand dollars. A separate license shall be required for each location at which a marijuana producer intends to produce marijuana.
(2) There shall be a marijuana processor's license to process, package, and label useable marijuana and marijuana-infused products for sale at wholesale to marijuana retailers, regulated by the state liquor control board and subject to annual renewal. The processing, packaging, possession, delivery, distribution, and sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, and marijuana-infused products in accordance with the provisions of this act and the rules adopted to implement and enforce it, by a validly licensed marijuana processor, shall not be a criminal or civil offense under Washington state law.

^Try reading the whole law, and then having a Lawyer that specializes in cannabis law interpret it for you, like me. I went over it with a Lawyer recommended by WA NORML that has won the majority of his cases at state level. Did you?

It will be legal to pay about 1200 dollars to get a license to grow and sell to distributors. Commercial growers will not be allowed to sell directly to customers. Hence the three tier system. there will be a 25 percent tax on every transaction. Grower, distributor and smoker will all pay that tax. The Tax money will go to drug education and other things that local communities need.

See I have to know these things because I am collecting investors and detailing a legit business plan.

so read before you make stupid comments, and then go back and defend them :thank you:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^now the real questions is, should I get the rec license? I dont want to be first on the feds list, but I dont want to miss out if they decide to limit the number they allow in the state. see the catch there?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^you can add even another layer of protection against the IRS and incorporate.

Also add another layer of protection by actively donating to the local police force. I know donating to pigs sucks, but they are state or city only and are not there to bust you as long as you cross your t's and dot your i's. If the federal government wants to come in and bust you the local department may save your ass if you are good for the community. Harbor Side in Oakland is a perfect example of that happening very recently. Like with in the last month.

it is gonna be interesting for sure.

also everyone remember to qualify you must be a resident for 3 months prior.

A

Alone

Someone needs to make a hybrid strain called "HA-HA Mitt Romney" just to spike his ass.
To get under his skin alittle.

I

ItsTopShelf

AFTER ROMNEY LOST THEY FOUND A DEAD PIG DRESSED IN A ROMNEY SHIRT UP AGAINST THE CAMPAIGN DOOR.. LOL I THINK HE GOT THE POINT

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
I love it that there is a secret bitter romeny supporter going through this thread and giving unhelpful ratings to all the posts that insult romney.

Fuck romney

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Romney What? never heard of him. ha ha. this thread should be closed.

Jamorg13

you are wrong and, yes you are spreading misinformation by spreading incomplete information. People worked hard to get these bills passed, so please know what you are talking about fully before discouraging people. pay your 1200 bucks and you can be rec licensed. I have provided you with all the education you need below. to continue to argue this point with me basically means you are just ignoring legal text in front of your face and refusing to read. In that case there is nothing I can do for you, but at least I can inform others with facts.

it will be legal to grow commercially for recreational smokers if you follow the three tier system they are putting in place. It is modeled after their alcohol system.

http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/i502.pdf

^Try reading the whole law, and then having a Lawyer that specializes in cannabis law interpret it for you, like me. I went over it with a Lawyer recommended by WA NORML that has won the majority of his cases at state level. Did you?

It will be legal to pay about 1200 dollars to get a license to grow and sell to distributors. Commercial growers will not be allowed to sell directly to customers. Hence the three tier system. there will be a 25 percent tax on every transaction. Grower, distributor and smoker will all pay that tax. The Tax money will go to drug education and other things that local communities need.

See I have to know these things because I am collecting investors and detailing a legit business plan.

so read before you make stupid comments, and then go back and defend them :thank you:
I read the entire initiative before I voted no on it. I am sticking by my point, because I am correct. IT IS NOT LEGAL FOR SOMEBODY TO JUST GROW FOR THEIR OWN RECREATIONAL USE IN WASHINGTON STATE.

Latest posts

Latest posts