What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP PRINCE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to post something that wasn't personally attacking me. Maybe I could benefit from thinking more about addiction. Never the less, I will never idolize somebody that throws away their life due to addiction. I will never teach my children to look up to people like Prince. At one point, Prince chose to take that first hit/needle/snort BEFORE he was addicted. I believe one should be personally responsible for their actions, and when a role model to millions decided to become addicted to drugs, he or she loses my support.

Just how I do things in my family. :tiphat: Not trying to dictate others families or beliefs, just throwing out my opinion about Prince in the Prince thread.

That begs the question though, if Prince never made it and got famous he would just be some eccentric dude strumming a guitar on a corner somewhere. What if being famous started the snowball effect that drove him to having problems anyways? I would make the argument that many famous people who have lost the battle to addiction or struggled with it wouldn't ever have had issues if they were never famous. All that bullshit and baggage you have to deal with wears on you and with too much money and people around that are too happy to provide you with your crutch you get the recipe for a shitnado. (Lahey reference)

You are coming across as super preachy and holier than thou. Along your same train of thought then you don't like and will talk down about other bands with addiction problems like the Grateful Dead, Sublime, Nirvana, Ray Charles, Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne, Anthony Kiedis, Elton John, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix and that's not even getting onto other famous actors, comedians, athletes, etc.

Opinions are like assholes.....

prince-reveal-dave-chappelle-o.gif

Hey man, I totally get where your coming from, especially when it comes to the family and such, hell, there are dudes on IC who post openly in there threads about there opioid addictions, trust me, I think thats effed up and I do take it seriously.

I just wanted to say, especially when it comes to opiates, many, many, many, folks become addicted without knowing and under the supervision of doctors, then when they are cut off are screwed, turn to heroin on the cheap or if theyve got steady cash and a pusher for a doctor, may end up in a situation like Prince. Lots of these folks havent been blessed in the same way as you or I with the right information to protect ourselves from these drugs. No ones saying youve got to idolize or even like the guy, but you wouldnt hate on someone with luchemia, addiction is a disease that can fuck your soul and effect everyone in your life. Its not just someone effing off acting like a dick. I think a lot of the hostilities are because your post are kind of coming across like you think all addicted people are pretty much the same dirtbags who should have known better. Lots of us have had loved ones who either have or are currently battling addiction, so it hurts if your seeming to group everyone together and basically call them out. Every situation is soo different, you really dont know if they took that first pill selfishly. Be good buddy, no hard feelings, sorry if me and the other readers are getting the wrong impression from what you are trying to say.

Just as a second reminder, this IS the WELL WISHES section of the forum, so lets try to keep the wishes well.

Gry

Veteran
To come into the tribute thread of a person who died of accidental causes while under the care of a md and call them a long term drug abuser . Wow.
I was NEVER a fan of Prince, but did have the experience of having been put on high dosage opiates without anyone ever asking me how I felt about it. Medical issues can and do happen to anyone at any time.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

RIP Prince, one of the last true musical geniuses. For FoothillFarming to say what he said only shows his ignorance and immaturity. If you look at all his posts the guy only says inflammatory, trollish shit and to take it seriously only serves his menial purposes. So as a former junkie who has overcome his own addictions, you, Foothillsfarming are a piece of shit and a smelly ****. :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts