What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

RIP PRINCE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I wasn't really a Prince fan, but now that I know he OD'ed, I have even less love for the guy. All that talent and threw it away because of his own personal needs. People mourned across the globe because this selfish asshole killed himself with drugs. Shame.

Even more sad is people still idolize this guy. He should be shunned.

YOU should be shunned, fucking troll.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wasn't really a Prince fan, but now that I know he OD'ed, I have even less love for the guy. All that talent and threw it away because of his own personal needs. People mourned across the globe because this selfish asshole killed himself with drugs. Shame.

Accidental, but whatever. Do you think any addict says, "When I grow up I want to be hooked on __________(fill in the blank) and kill myself on purpose!?!"

To each their own. We all have opinions - some not as open minded as others.

If I only had 1/10th of his talent, I'd be happy.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
So are we saying he was murdered now? This kinda reminds me of the same scenario of Michael Jackson. maybe he was killed?

al70

Veteran
Me n the missus were walking past a rubbish bin a couple o weeks ago n sticking out was an old beat up electric guitar, it's now hangin on the bedroom wall, guess what colour it is????

Green Squall

Someone's in serious trouble if they prescribed him fentanyl for no good reason. That stuff is about 40-50 times more potent than medical grade heroin.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Here's what FoothillFarming said to me in private- "Do you need a safe space to crawl up in and suck your thumb? Maybe I can arrange your mother to set that up for you."

Answer: Do you need attention so bad that you need to come on to a thread where people are mourning the death of somebody they cared about and shit on it? I bet you're a blast at funerals, douche bag.

Someone's in serious trouble if they prescribed him fentanyl for no good reason. That stuff is about 40-50 times more potent than medical grade heroin.

LOL, sounds like the same thing some people are saying about cannabis concentrates/oil. Nobody can handle 50x strength so the dosage is adjusted accordingly.

.. If he was as addicted as people are saying, it sure didn't show like it does in a typical junkie. Many addicts can use in moderation, they just always need. He always looked frail but no so much unhealthy. Look at Kurt Cobain, he was all over the place and it was quite noticeable. Most opiate users I've associated with in the past act the same. Prince probably chose whatever worked best for him to be able to live somewhat more normally. His choice was cleaner, slow release, and quite expensive. Sounds like he was trying hard to manage his disease. Unfortunately our demons always get the best of us unless we chase them away.

Green Squall

LOL, sounds like the same thing some people are saying about cannabis concentrates/oil. Nobody can handle 50x strength so the dosage is adjusted accordingly.

.. If he was as addicted as people are saying, it sure didn't show like it does in a typical junkie. Many addicts can use in moderation, they just always need. He always looked frail but no so much unhealthy. Look at Kurt Cobain, he was all over the place and it was quite noticeable. Most opiate users I've associated with in the past act the same. Prince probably chose whatever worked best for him to be able to live somewhat more normally. His choice was cleaner, slow release, and quite expensive. Sounds like he was trying hard to manage his disease. Unfortunately our demons always get the best of us unless we chase them away.

Ok, but whoever prescribed him the drugs are going go be held accountable. Look at MJ's doctor Conrad Murray. He served 2 of a 4 year sentence for involuntary manslaughter. It basically sounds like Prince had a doctor that was enabling his addiction which led to his death. I highly doubt he was in enough pain to need fentanyl. From what I've read, he became addicted to pain meds after a hip surgery. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Prince or his fans here either. It's just such a shame he had to die this way.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

If we shunned every legacy of a suicide, this wold be
a dull, dull world.

A short list:

Hunter S. Thompson
Robin Williams
Vincent van Gogh
George Eastman
Kurt Cobain

You, my friend are a dolt, whose presence on this thread is
an ulcerous sore, garnering attention with your drivel
whose utterance is best suited for the flush of a toilet.

This:

“God, but life is loneliness, despite all the opiates,
despite the shrill tinsel gaiety of "parties" with no purpose,
despite the false grinning faces we all wear.

And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul,
you stop in shock at the words you utter - they are so rusty, so ugly,
so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped
dark inside you so long.

Yes, there is joy, fulfillment and companionship - but the loneliness
of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering.”

― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

I cried when I read of Prince's death, and will always remember his life,
the good times, and thoughtful lyrics and compositions of a master
at the top of his craft.

We all will strive to remind ourselves of the experiences his,
and other tortured souls, have willed to us, the survivors.

Yeah the whole situation was definitely a bummer for everyone. Some Drs want the extra cash, and some want to help make sure the patient goes about things safely. If prince couldn't get his pharmaceutical grade drugs he would have had to procure opiates from the streets and maybe, probably from some shady dealer,with quality changing from batch to batch. I'm sure someone will try to hold the Dr accountable. Too bad though. Living with and managing a disease is tough and desperate times call for desperate measures. Prince was lucky to be rich and get the care he needed.

shithawk420

Veteran
Apparently the reason all the people around me are dying is cause they mix fentanol with a little bit of heroin and they just stop breathing. I don't really know but I know about 3 or 4 people in the past year to die.one of them was a great guy and possibly a genius.we were gonna compose great music together.this pharmaceutical crap needs to stop.and just give the pure stuff out so it doesn't kill them.not like that's gonna happen though

FoothillFarming

Here's what FoothillFarming said to me in private- "Do you need a safe space to crawl up in and suck your thumb? Maybe I can arrange your mother to set that up for you."

Answer: Do you need attention so bad that you need to come on to a thread where people are mourning the death of somebody they cared about and shit on it? I bet you're a blast at funerals, douche bag.

Hey Herbie seeds. Why in the world are you so bitter? You have to spread hate every time I look at your avatar with your Trump bashing.....Which is a TOU......Then post PM's, another TOU. Then you attack me personally, calling me names, because I think people should shun famous people that act in deplorable manners. Such as overdosing on a drug.

Sorry you don't like people talking about how he overdosed, however that will forever be linked to his death. FOREVER

Last edited:

FoothillFarming

I cried when I read of Prince's death, and will always remember his life,
the good times, and thoughtful lyrics and compositions of a master
at the top of his craft.

All the rest was complete nonsense, IMO,

Just so you know, you cried because he chose to take a dangerous drug and overdose. He may have given you good times, through thoughtful lyrics and compositions of a master at the top of his craft. He had family, friends, and fans all pulling for him. Then he gave all that up by deciding to take an extremely dangerous drug and overdose on them. All those good things are erased IMO. I can't idolize somebody that flawed. Sorry.:tiphat:

Just so people realize, all I am saying is what I think personally. This is all IMO. No reason to bet your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

Just so you know, you cried because he chose to take a dangerous drug and overdose. He may have given you good times, through thoughtful lyrics and compositions of a master at the top of his craft. He had family, friends, and fans all pulling for him. Then he gave all that up by deciding to take an extremely dangerous drug and overdose on them. All those good things are erased IMO. I can't idolize somebody that flawed. Sorry.:tiphat:

So thats all there is to it huh? So simple then? You post some decent stuff dude so dont take this personally, but I think you could really benefit from thinking a little deeper about your ideas on addiction...it just dont work like that buddy.:tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Hey Herbie seeds. Why in the world are you so bitter? You have to spread hate every time I look at your avatar with your Trump bashing.....Which is a TOU......Then post PM's, another TOU. Then you attack me personally, calling me names, because I think people should shun famous people that act in deplorable manners. Such as overdosing on a drug.

Sorry you don't like people talking about how he overdosed, however that will forever be linked to his death. FOREVER

I will never recommend your seed bank again. You sound like the kind of person that would "lose" a seed order because the purchaser was a republican, not a fan of prince, ate toast for breakfast. Whatever rubbed you wrong that day.

Keep on posting, douche bag. You're just showing the world how stupid and fucked up you are. :laughing:

p..s.- I am in no way affiliated with Barney's seed bank (or Herbies), you delusional fool.:biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

i think and feel the point you seem to be missing is that ANYONE that dies or commits suicide is very,very sad,,,,
whether a rock star or a kid living on a council estate,,,,
whats also sad is your total lack of empathy and compassion for another human being,,,,,

i feel for your unhappiness and your inability to feel compassion,,,,,but there is a name and condition for people who have no compassion or empathy:comfort:,,,,,s2

FoothillFarming

So thats all there is to it huh? So simple then? You post some decent stuff dude so dont take this personally, but I think you could really benefit from thinking a little deeper about your ideas on addiction...it just dont work like that buddy.:tiphat:

Thanks for taking the time to post something that wasn't personally attacking me. Maybe I could benefit from thinking more about addiction. Never the less, I will never idolize somebody that throws away their life due to addiction. I will never teach my children to look up to people like Prince. At one point, Prince chose to take that first hit/needle/snort BEFORE he was addicted. I believe one should be personally responsible for their actions, and when a role model to millions decided to become addicted to drugs, he or she loses my support.

Just how I do things in my family. :tiphat: Not trying to dictate others families or beliefs, just throwing out my opinion about Prince in the Prince thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.