What's new

Rhino D - White Rhino x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and a few trim shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sugar leaf:
picture.php

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks DC, yes i'm pleased how these plants have turned out... and pleased with how C4DD is behaved in the cross. The WR is pretty fast so i expected this one to finish first.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had an early smoke from some just-dry lower branches (the ones i should really have trimmed off for this sog - lol )
The taste should get better but already it has a creamy flavour.. and despite no cure the high was really smooth and mellow, the sort that makes you sit around with a stupid grin on your face !
promising for sure...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, after a bit of time in the jar, this cross is quite well balanced, with the cheesy/skunky funk of the Rhino mixing well with a solvent/fuel/chemmy profile that the C4DD has bought to the mix. Quite a strong smell. The taste is creamy/cheesy with an exhale that reminds me of the moroccan hash i used to get back in the day - i was hoping this would get passed from the Rhino side of the cross as it makes for a very satisfying smoke

The high is blissful, mellow and smooth... quite couchlock with great relaxing qualities.

I think i will name this cross : Rhino D

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are for sale now at seedbay or breeders retail. Links on my sig below.

Hi VG! I've finally found a strain that's Cheesy, Skunk mixed with Chem! I really hope to find a WR dom pheno! I have a C4DD F2 gifted from a good friend. She's beastttt

May you please fill me in depth on the WR cut? I read something about North London 🤷‍♂️ not much after that. I'm so fascinated with this!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi VG! I've finally found a strain that's Cheesy, Skunk mixed with Chem! I really hope to find a WR dom pheno! I have a C4DD F2 gifted from a good friend. She's beastttt

May you please fill me in depth on the WR cut? I read something about North London 🤷‍♂️ not much after that. I'm so fascinated with this!!!

hey there, thanks for the interest... The two that i grew, one was about half and half and the other was deinitely more rhino.. so i think you'll find your pheno :) Both this and the Ammi cross seem to be out-cross dominant if anything.
The WR, ive had it a few years... crossed it with the bubba and that was a great success, the rhino is lush to smoke, very resinous but potency wise is strong enough but around bubba strength... the cross of the two was more potent.
some talk about the rhino and pics in the bubbaxrhino thread here
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-v...ntgreen/344945-white-rhino-x-pre98-bubba-kush

i'll drop in some more pics when i can access all my galleries

let us know how you get on with the C4DD F2s as well please :)

VG

shaggy1

@VerdantGreen hi mate, really like the look/ sound of these, it's been a long time since I've had WR and I do love them old skunks!

I'm about to grab a couple of your strains, this being 1 and I'm wondering if you've grown more out since or have any more feedback from others?

Looking forward to see what other WR crosses you release, any luck with getting more s1s from her?

Top work fella (y)

:ying:

aliceklar

@VerdantGreen hi mate, really like the look/ sound of these, it's been a long time since I've had WR and I do love them old skunks!

I'm about to grab a couple of your strains, this being 1 and I'm wondering if you've grown more out since or have any more feedback from others?

Looking forward to see what other WR crosses you release, any luck with getting more s1s from her?

Top work fella (y)

@shaggy , I'll be documenting a grow in my diary with some Rhino D this winter. If we're really lucky I wont kill them all :ROFLMAO: You're welcome to swing by! https://www.icmag.com/threads/highland-thai-johaar-lemon-candy-syrian-rhino-d.18124355/

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Top work fella (y)

Thanks Shaggy, these are still quite new so not so many documented grows as yet ..The WR cut is was well known in London in the 80s and 90s and i was lucky enough to find it (by mistake - i didn't know its history but loved it anyway - its cheesy smelling with a fruity finish and is lovely and hashy to smoke )
. keep an eye on @aliceklar 's diary...
The first cross i did with the WR was the fem WR x Pre98 bubba which has been very successful.:

More recently crossed it to Lemon Thai -

and i am just testing out 2 more unreleased crosses atm (these will be the last for now) :
BlueDigiRhio: (WR x BlueDigiBerry)
and
Gorilla Vs. Rhino (WR x Gorilla bubble)
here:

Last edited:

shaggy1

No worries, it's great you've managed to find it and do some work with it for everyone, thankyou. I might pop them next with a few other old skunky crosses so I'll chuck some pictures up if I do (y)

I'm mainly growing regs atm but that rhino x bubba does look good!
I'll stick a follow on those diary's and see what unfolds anyhow, cheers mate!

Btw your pine tar gush and bluedigi look real nice too! Proper stuff :smoker:

Atb

aliceklar

Quick update on the Rhino D. I got 5-5 germination, but in the end only one female, sadly. I also kept the most pungent male, which is a stinker - acrid chem notes and rank halitosis from a stem rub on this one. Planning to collect pollen. The female was untopped and is a little underdeveloped as space is short, but is looking healthy and has a more pleasant hashy stem-rub smell.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks @aliceklar , shame about the m/f ratio... yes some males can absolutely pong, even in veg some chem plants have a strong smell.
The girl sounds like it might be a WR leaner if it smells hashy.
cheers for the update

Latest posts

Latest posts