What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RGS outdoor comp - auto amnesia and pink cherry pie

mr.brunch

Veteran
Mr,brunch, health an strength to you.
Maybe you should take in some more sun too,bro.
Plants looking up.

Grow on,grow strong.
Thanks mate… the sun is due to show its face today at last, so I’m going to try and get some lettuce seeds in the ground, maybe some beetroot and cauliflower too.
Be nice not to have to dodge the rain ☔

mr.brunch

Veteran
Gave the bed a little turn today and dug out the holes … nice and soft soil so all by hand, no tools required.
Feeling the suns warmth It’s tempting to put them out today, but I was planning to wait until Thursday 🤔
IMG_2320.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
14 days old, the sun is nicely warm and they look ready- the weather is set to warm up through the coming days, looks like summer is starting 🌞
I’ve cut holes in my wire squirrel guard ( they’ve dug up and completely buried new plants of mine before, this keeps them out)
The girls enjoyed sitting in the grass for a while while I prepared
IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

Soil feels good and warm, nice and loose
IMG_2333.jpeg

Rooted well, think the timing for replanting is good
IMG_2334.jpeg

Whole pot straight in, minimal disturbance… idea courtesy of icmag
IMG_2335.jpeg

All in, wire down and a sprinkle of slug pellets/ant powder. I’ll water them in once the sun goes.
Auto amnesia at the front nearest the camera, pink cherry pie at the back.
IMG_2336.jpeg

:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very nice mate! That's some crazy squirel protection. Looking forward to seeing what those will do!
A few years ago, I planted my autos in the same patch and came back to check the next morning and they were gone 😱
My first thought was why would someone steal seedlings 🧐 but on closer inspection I found that they’d been completely buried by squirrels digging the patch… I managed to rescue them luckily, but found out from a friend the best way to stop them is chicken wire/mesh at soil level weighted down and pegged in.
Also makes for handy tying down points if needed

Hillbilly69

Good point, great way to do some low stress training!
In my neck of the woods you can't use any smelly organic ferts, like blood meal or fish meal. Plants are guaranteed to be dug up by skunks or racoons looking fir the source of smell :cuss:
One season my fences were always getting torn apart and plants damaged. Come to find out it was a bad slug year so I had to use slug bait. Well a bear was ripping my fence down to eat all the dead slugs!!! WTF! Lol! 😱

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good point, great way to do some low stress training!
In my neck of the woods you can't use any smelly organic ferts, like blood meal or fish meal. Plants are guaranteed to be dug up by skunks or racoons looking fir the source of smell :cuss:
One season my fences were always getting torn apart and plants damaged. Come to find out it was a bad slug year so I had to use slug bait. Well a bear was ripping my fence down to eat all the dead slugs!!! WTF! Lol! 😱
Wow- I’m in uk, so no bears, skunks or raccoons here…that’s 3 things I don’t have to worry about! Plenty of slugs, too many cats and a family of squirrels but I hope I’ve got that covered.
The local cats seem to like digging anywhere that’s been freshly dug, and they’re not bothered about the dog it seems

mr.brunch

Veteran
25 days old
I think a bird tried to land on one of the autos because one was bent/snapped sideways this morning- I put in a metal stick and propped her up, she seems to be righting herself

Auto amnesia
IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

Pink cherry pie
IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

Hillbilly69

Thanks mate :tiphat:
They’re definitely putting some growth on, going to have to decide whether to top the pink cherry pie soon 🤔….
HaHa! Decisions decisions, your plants are pretty close together, maybe best to tie top over and train them away from your autos? They will be big bushes if you top them. But I do love a flatter toped bush so I usually top later finishing plants at the 8-10th node then tie down branches to spread them out. Good luck with your decision :cool: