What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RGS Guerilla Gold #2 /#3 experiences

troutman

Seed Whore
Hey browntrout...exact same scenario (maybe even a little worse) for me over here on the Rock...I get about one good outdoor harvest every 3-4 years! LOL

Maybe, you should try some Autos to get something in before the weather gets bad. :tiphat:

browntrout

Veteran
Maybe, you should try some Autos to get something in before the weather gets bad. :tiphat:

Definitely worth looking into, the auto malawi nl from ace is worked great for me this year. A little mold but great yield and vigor. Although more of an up high very light in that department like autos tend to be.

I’ll stick with the semi-autos /photos myself but bud man, if ya haven’t already worth a try. Fully matured auto is better than half matured photos usually.

browntrout

Veteran
On another note. What is everyone’s experiences with the GG lines indoors. Some say they are autos some say they won’t flower pre-maturely with 20/4 lighting . What’s the deal? In my experience with another semi auto there were phenos that were more like autos and would flip back and forth until they decided to flower, while some were more manageable that staged for flower but stayed like that a lot longer while still veggin and others that were photo period.

Veggia farmer

Semi photo/ or photo sensitive due to need for flowering with long days far north. Root restriction will make em for instance flower under 24/0.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Definitely worth looking into, the auto malawi nl from ace is worked great for me this year. A little mold but great yield and vigor. Although more of an up high very light in that department like autos tend to be.

I’ll stick with the semi-autos /photos myself but bud man, if ya haven’t already worth a try. Fully matured auto is better than half matured photos usually.
Never really considered them, but you’re absolutely right, will start to research them...thanks lads...a couple of fine trout right there! LOL

Last edited:

ReprobateMind

Does anyone know if Guerilla Gold #2 x Guerilla Gold #2 from RGS can be kept as a mother plant under 18/6 light or will it autoflower?

browntrout

Veteran
Does anyone know if Guerilla Gold #2 x Guerilla Gold #2 from RGS can be kept as a mother plant under 18/6 light or will it autoflower?
Yup you can, it can be very hard. If you have a time frame in mind keep adding light up to 22-24hrs slowly. They will get flippy and preflower like crazy when they get old/rootbound or even try to flower, but just give them a heavy feed and a transplant into a bigger pot. They will want to flower at the first sign of root bind when mature. I’ve had some success cloning them as they get old and seems to buy some time.

If you have to do 18/6, then I’d suggest a lot of hormones. if you’re having problems as they age, root boosters especially and lots of root space. Keep ‘em healthy and thriving and will be less likely to flower.

If they do start to flower all is not lost and you can bring them back to veg with, pots, nutes, hormones and bump in lighting.

I’ve grown a lot of hybrids I’ve made with them and I haven’t had a problem on 20/4, I feel it’s less likely the light hours in 18/6,20/4 territory then it is making sure their healthy and not root bound.

The males will straight auto flower, very hard to get back.

ReprobateMind

Thank you.

I have one in a 3 gallon pot that started to flower under 20/4 light schedule at about a foot and half tall. I didn't transplant it fast enough to stop it from autoflowering but I put it into a 5 gallon to see if it will stop. I also switched to 24/0.

browntrout

Veteran
Thank you.

I have one in a 3 gallon pot that started to flower under 20/4 light schedule at about a foot and half tall. I didn't transplant it fast enough to stop it from autoflowering but I put it into a 5 gallon to see if it will stop. I also switched to 24/0.

Try giving it a heavy feed of Veg nutes. Super thrive, kelp/seaweed extract and root hormones help too.

Latest posts

Latest posts