What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RGS Guerilla Gold #2 /#3 experiences

browntrout

Veteran
@ Browntrout : -Your list of mom s sounds realy good :biggrin:

good luck with your breeding projects :)

Should be a good run, would be nice to pas on some semi-auto traits to the hazes for northern growers like myself.

So far GG2 looks great, 2 or 3 seeds sprouted in 40hrs. GG3 had two split the shell with 1 small off white tap root in the same duration. 12 seeds of each.

browntrout

Veteran
-For semi auto traits you ve to go forward to F2,-i think/-because auto traits are rezesive!

Of course! It is not the start and end of a project, only a start my guy.

I expect F3 would be a good place for GG/Haze and still have some healthy variation.

However, GG/Haze F1 gets me closer to being able to grow these outdoors in my climate and further selections.

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

gg2 x rgs whitey freeze x gelato 41,,,,the 41 had been tested an did ok outdoor the previous season

browntrout

Veteran
12/12 on GG#2, 3/12 on GG#3. Things are looking up at least, I expect a couple more to come up out of the #3.

Mind you the most of the #2 were the last things to come up, I suspect these will be hard to germ in the next couple years as well.

Mr. Stinky

Is Brad still doing bean work? I dont pay much attention but hadn't noticed his name recently.

Some of the best seedlines I've ever grown came from him 10+years ago. My favorite all time indica type originally came from him. It was gg#3x something (gorilla?) grape I believe. I crossed it with an ak99 Male and called it nesquik because it instantly reminds me of strawberry nesquik when I was a kid. I've gone 7 generations since, and it gets better and pinker and more resinous every year. seriously, grab a can of powder nesquik and give it a shake and smell it. That burning/sweet/fake strawberry/candy smell is it10the kind of flower you find yourself sucking air thru the joint to taste it before you light it. Mmmmm gonna go open an old jar now :D

picture.php

51N i think i had a few and they finished throughout sept. the GG4 was a bit more potent but finished a few weeks later.
i grew breeder brad's congolese x GG , october and quite a soaring high. i'd like to know about the congolese he used in that cross if anyone knows... i think there was a congo cut from canada and wondered if it was that.. possibly called black congo?

VG

VG

I grew lots of gg3 and gg5 from '06-'15. About 08 I just ran them together for seed. Made thousands and grew that messy cross the rest of the time. Was nice because they finished all over the place. Some were done in early September, others went clear to November. Made it easy to run lots. :D

Ps...guerrilla gold wasn't Brad's line. A school teacher by the screen name of guerrilla greens was the guy. The legendary unleashdagreen.net forums and rcmc seedbank were the place to go for them until it shut down. Lord, I miss those guys and really miss those days. Getting old fast now...

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Is Brad still doing bean work? I dont pay much attention but hadn't noticed his name recently.

Some of the best seedlines I've ever grown came from him 10+years ago. My favorite all time indica type originally came from him. It was gg#3x something (gorilla?) grape I believe. I crossed it with an ak99 Male and called it nesquik because it instantly reminds me of strawberry nesquik when I was a kid. I've gone 7 generations since, and it gets better and pinker and more resinous every year. seriously, grab a can of powder nesquik and give it a shake and smell it. That burning/sweet/fake strawberry/candy smell is it10the kind of flower you find yourself sucking air thru the joint to taste it before you light it. Mmmmm gonna go open an old jar now :D

View Image

I grew lots of gg3 and gg5 from '06-'15. About 08 I just ran them together for seed. Made thousands and grew that messy cross the rest of the time. Was nice because they finished all over the place. Some were done in early September, others went clear to November. Made it easy to run lots. :D

Ps...guerrilla gold wasn't Brad's line. A school teacher by the screen name of guerrilla greens was the guy. The legendary unleashdagreen.net forums and rcmc seedbank were the place to go for them until it shut down. Lord, I miss those guys and really miss those days. Getting old fast now...

View Image

View Image

Very interesting, crazy to think you found plants taking till November to finish from GG3 x gg5. I guess I real Pandora’s box.

Was there anything consistent across the hybrid? Like smell, bud structure etc.

Mr. Stinky

I'm sure it was the longer running 5 that caused the mess of day length responses and reflowering. It wasn't a stable line at the time. 3 wasn't much better, but it rarely needed to go into october. Both were great outdoor lines though, dont get me wrong. Even the marathoners almost never had any bud rot or trouble. Not very many wanted to go that long, and if I'd just had a few plants I doubt I'd have let them run it out. But it was advantageous at the time because I was on my own without a trimming machine.

Pine/menthol was pretty constant. Almost to a fault. and planted june 1st they all got about 5 feet tall with 1 nice main bud. Planted earlier they'd get messy and top heavy.

The seedling vigor of gg was some of the best. Most seedlines dont take off well enough to make it like landrace sativas can, but guerrilla gold could. I had volunteer plants in that seed plot the following spring when I went in for may prep. :D

I'm a responsible respectable hemp farmer now so those nearly feral gg seeds sit in my crisper drawer. :plant grow:

browntrout

Veteran
I'm sure it was the longer running 5 that caused the mess of day length responses and reflowering. It wasn't a stable line at the time. 3 wasn't much better, but it rarely needed to go into october. Both were great outdoor lines though, dont get me wrong. Even the marathoners almost never had any bud rot or trouble. Not very many wanted to go that long, and if I'd just had a few plants I doubt I'd have let them run it out. But it was advantageous at the time because I was on my own without a trimming machine.

Pine/menthol was pretty constant. Almost to a fault. and planted june 1st they all got about 5 feet tall with 1 nice main bud. Planted earlier they'd get messy and top heavy.

The seedling vigor of gg was some of the best. Most seedlines dont take off well enough to make it like landrace sativas can, but guerrilla gold could. I had volunteer plants in that seed plot the following spring when I went in for may prep. :D

I'm a responsible respectable hemp farmer now so those nearly feral gg seeds sit in my crisper drawer. :plant grow:

Sounds like you have some extensive experience with the Guerilla Golds. Thanks for sharing man.

Any experience with the #2?

Mr. Stinky

I dont think I did any 2. I think I just had 3 and 5 and a few other crosses withem. #5/satori was great is the greenhouse.

Maybe not a ton of experience but back then julian was my inspiration and thought I was pretty slick with my "massive outdoor grows" :D

browntrout

Veteran
I dont think I did any 2. I think I just had 3 and 5 and a few other crosses withem. #5/satori was great is the greenhouse.

Maybe not a ton of experience but back then julian was my inspiration and thought I was pretty slick with my "massive outdoor grows" :D

The Guerilla style outdoor grows are killer man, so much fun walking back after summer vacation and see baseball bats of buds. Certainly where I started years ago.

Does anyone know the difference between The GG’s 1 through 5? Do they ascend in order from earliest to latest or indica to sativa? Perhaps there is a post somewhere with the origin story?

The descriptions for each line seem exactly alike in some cases, really muddied. And then others accounts are that the originals of each # were all over the place and not consistent to the description.

Mr. Stinky

There used to be. But most of it was on udg. All gone. There wasn't anything linear as far as I know. They were just numbered in the order he made them over the years. I think 4 was an early one. 5 was a long runner. 3 was also not super early. Can't remember what 2 was and original #1 was basically a fixed line of freisland and mighty mite I think. Maybe something else in there, but I dont remember so please don't quote me on it.

I have a bunch of the cross beans, as well as esben based hybrids I made . Do you live where you need these types of genetics?

browntrout

Veteran
There used to be. But most of it was on udg. All gone. There wasn't anything linear as far as I know. They were just numbered in the order he made them over the years. I think 4 was an early one. 5 was a long runner. 3 was also not super early. Can't remember what 2 was and original #1 was basically a fixed line of freisland and mighty mite I think. Maybe something else in there, but I dont remember so please don't quote me on it.

I have a bunch of the cross beans, as well as esben based hybrids I made . Do you live where you need these types of genetics?

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I’m planning use my RGS GG#2 as the male donor. Although 6 or so weak seedlings came up out of the #3. See what catches my eye in veg.

Atlantic Canada, so weather is absolutely unpredictable, besides humidity... that’s a guarantee. Problem is I’ve created lots of earlier varieties finishing late September. However it’s always the early early ones that make the weight and nicest pot. We can get the first frosts anywhere from early September until October depending on the year. Like this year frosts and cold rainy weather mid/early September and on. Real bummer when your med garden was looking so fine. Everything finished up for the most part and was frost resilient but it’s just not quite full potential.

I’m just looking to make some hybrids between some of my favourites and longer flowering strains to work further. Seemed like the best time to make some early seed to keep in my back pocket if nothing else.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Hey browntrout...exact same scenario (maybe even a little worse) for me over here on the Rock...I get about one good outdoor harvest every 3-4 years! LOL

browntrout

Veteran
Hey browntrout...exact same scenario (maybe even a little worse) for me over here on the Rock...I get about one good outdoor harvest every 3-4 years! LOL

Oh fuck! Couldn’t imagine the troubles you face over there. Visited a few times, you have a very small growing window even compared to here. Not to mention some of the high winds that come your way.