CBH.jpg

choco hills colombian x mazar/durban
CHOCO.jpg

laos
image.jpg

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Amazing collection of sativa nugs! Connoisseur stash fo'sure!

Beautiful purple phenotype of that O. Haze! It's been a long time since we won't see any blackish ones around! Probably a recessive Colombian expression lost in the genepool?

:tiphat:

Thank you Mustafunk. :) She is the only one of the F2's i received that i got to flower to fruition and i had to wait 9 months before i could flower her.
Your guess about the Colombian influence certainly sound plausible and likely to me. She does not show color until between week 5-7. Before that she is nice and green. I was pleasantly surprised when she started turning on me the first time. :)

I was very graciously gifted a ten pack of THH F1's recently which i will be germinating sometime in the next year to do a pheno hunt and F2's.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
NICE! Exciting to see this one progress, Have you noticed if f2s on these are running stable?

thank you very much vermontman. I'm thrilled others are as excited about these types of plants as i am. :D :D

This is the singular individual that made it through life's trials for me. Some of the seeds were visibly crushed when i got them and others had suffered hull damage that was not apparent until i tried to germinate them. :/

She is quite unique and i plan on breeding her despite that fact i'm told the traits won't keep true. We'll see. I have plans to see if she will mate with some very nice hybrid and sativa males to good evolution/preservation.

Please continue your work. I'm such a supporter. :tiphat:
Bless up

vermontman

thank you very much vermontman. I'm thrilled others are as excited about these types of plants as i am. :D :D

This is the singular individual that made it through life's trials for me. Some of the seeds were visibly crushed when i got them and others had suffered hull damage that was not apparent until i tried to germinate them. :/

She is quite unique and i plan on breeding her despite that fact i'm told the traits won't keep true. We'll see. I have plans to see if she will mate with some very nice hybrid and sativa males to good evolution/preservation.

Please continue your work. I'm such a supporter. :tiphat:
Bless up

You are welcome 3rdEye
If I may? Even if your strain does not breed true, if even a bit stable you can line breed and select for the purple trait, until you form her into a true breeding IBL with potentially creating something very stable and even more desirable. Seems like the purple trait in your lady is pretty early expression showed by purple fan leaves, making selection a bit easier,
simply select males with purple expression to mate with select ladies. From there select out best ladies for bud formation taste high and color. This is how I am working, purple form of my Oaxacan line, Remember when selecting for a trait such as color other traits that are inherent with that trait may also and often carry through. Some desirable some not, these should become apparent. With my Oaxacan fortunately the purple pheno besides being prettier to look at seems to be one notch step up in all around Quality, That was through the luck of the draw.
Remember your garden is your canvas
SKULL LED 079.jpgur

Attachments

• SKULL LED 079.jpg
    SKULL LED 079.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 16

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
You are welcome 3rdEye
If I may? Even if your strain does not breed true, if even a bit stable you can line breed and select for the purple trait, until you form her into a true breeding IBL with potentially creating something very stable and even more desirable. Seems like the purple trait in your lady is pretty early expression showed by purple fan leaves, making selection a bit easier,
simply select males with purple expression to mate with select ladies. From there select out best ladies for bud formation taste high and color. This is how I am working, purple form of my Oaxacan line, Remember when selecting for a trait such as color other traits that are inherent with that trait may also and often carry through. Some desirable some not, these should become apparent. With my Oaxacan fortunately the purple pheno besides being prettier to look at seems to be one notch step up in all around Quality, That was through the luck of the draw.
Remember your garden is your canvas
SKULL LED 079.jpgur

thank you for your insights for potential breeding ideas Vermontman. I certainly appreciate your input. :tiphat:

vermontman

thank you for your insights for potential breeding ideas Vermontman. I certainly appreciate your input. :tiphat:

You are most welcome!
Just up Punta Rojo harvest at just 24 inches tall and 11 week flower under mostly 10.5 hours sunlight, and just twelve weeks from seed. Bright light and crowded conditions makes future runs of her very desirable. Plus the smell is BOWLING ME OVER!!
PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 039.jpg.
PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 014.jpgER! PUNTA ROJO HARVESPUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 066.jpgT 11 WEEKS 052.jpghttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=348496&stc=1&d=1454779237

Attachments

• PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 039.jpg
    PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 039.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18
  • PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 014.jpg
    PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 014.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 052.jpg
    PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 052.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 066.jpg
    PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 066.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 14
You are most welcome!
Just up Punta Rojo harvest at just 24 inches tall and 11 week flower under mostly 10.5 hours sunlight, and just twelve weeks from seed. Bright light and crowded conditions makes future runs of her very desirable. Plus the smell is BOWLING ME OVER!!
PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 039.jpg.
PUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 014.jpgER! PUNTA ROJO HARVESPUNTA ROJO HARVEST 11 WEEKS 066.jpgT 11 WEEKS 052.jpghttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=348496&stc=1&d=1454779237

Beautiful harvest :tiphat: What dat smell like? :laughing:

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 1 "Deja vu"

Punto Rojo - 1 "Deja vu"

vermontman you da man! Twice the yield in half the time! Punto Rojo may not be The Ultimate Sativa, but its one of them. Not recommended indoors, says the indoorman after three harvests. Fouth ones the charm, right?

My first grow of Punto Rojo was this one. Now I have 4 -5 different Punto Rojo phenotypes curing. Most of the phenos are sweet juicy tropical fruit in flower, one is pepper, cedar, spicy.
The high ranges from Old School Colombian laid back tripping to clear, clean, cerebral and energizing. Charlie Garcia collected seeds from Colombian North mountains ~ Santa Marta and Central mountains ~ Tomilas.

There is a green leafy long flowering pheno and a shorter flowering maroon pheno, and one that grows and has a clear clean high similar to USC's Colombian Gold / 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold another pheno has the most sweet tropical fruit aromas. I call that pheno "Juicy Lucy" This is the long flowering green leafy pheno ~ + 20 weeks.

There is a 1972 Colombian Gold and a 1980 Colombian Gold floating around. Punto Rojo -1 got accidentally pollinated at about 3 weeks and faded early for me indoors with amber trichs at about 17 weeks. Punto Rojo -1 from clone grown indoors ~ + 20 weeks. I grew this Punto Rojo -1 from seed, and twice from clone. Punto Rojo -1 is getting cleaner more euphoric high each time so its only up from here.

Punto Rojo -1 was harvested late with some amber trichs, is seeded, and its not the best grown sample, but its the only pheno that's properly cured ~ 3 months. This is magical marijuana. Punto Rojo does a disappearing act.

Puff, puff, oh I'm in the void, wow man, its "Deja Vu all over again, just like 1975, only I'm 40 years younger now. And that's about as groovy as it gets! Very euphoric, contemplative and psychedelic high that takes me way back in time, hence the name " Deja Vu". Not focused or motivational, expect a trip. Not the smoke before you tackle the " Honey do" list.

Puff, puff that's all it takes to get thru the magic door. But wait where has all the Punto Rojo gone?

PS> SamS quote: The very first original Haze was a late 60's three way cross of Colombian Punto Rojo, a green one, and a light magenta one, all different, all from Colombia,

Last edited:

vermontman

vermontman you da man! Twice the yield in half the time! Punto Rojo may not be The Ultimate Sativa, but its one of them. Not recommended indoors, says the indoorman after three harvests. Fouth ones the charm, right?

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1559614&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL][URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1532573&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1518300&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1489760&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1559611&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

My first grow of Punto Rojo was this one. Now I have 4 -5 different Punto Rojo phenotypes curing. Most of the phenos are sweet juicy tropical fruit in flower, one is pepper, cedar, spicy.
The high ranges from Old School Colombian laid back tripping to clear, clean, cerebral and energizing. Charlie Garcia collected seeds from Colombian North mountains ~ Santa Marta and Central mountains ~ Tomilas.

There is a green leafy long flowering pheno and a shorter flowering maroon pheno, and one that grows and has a clear clean high similar to USC's Colombian Gold / 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold another pheno has the most sweet tropical fruit aromas. I call that pheno "Juicy Lucy" This is the long flowering green leafy pheno ~ + 20 weeks.

There is a 1972 Colombian Gold and a 1980 Colombian Gold floating around. Punto Rojo -1 got accidentally pollinated at about 3 weeks and faded early for me indoors with amber trichs at about 17 weeks. Punto Rojo -1 indoors for me ~ + 20 weeks. I grew this pheno from seed, and twice from clone. Punto Rojo is getting better each time so its only up from here.

Punto Rojo -1 was harvested late with some amber trichs, is seeded - its not the best grown sample, but the only pheno that's properly cured ~ 3 months. This is magical marijuana. Punto Rojo has a disappearing act.

Puff, puff, oh I'm in the void, wow man, its "Deja Vu all over again, just like 1975, only I'm 40 years younger now. And that's about as groovy as it gets! Very euphoric, contemplative and psychedelic high that takes me way back in time, hence the name " Deja Vu". Not focused or motivational, expect a trip. Not the smoke before you tackle the " Honey do" list.

Puff, puff that's all it takes to get thru the magic door. But wait where has all the Punto Rojo gone?

Beautiful work there Satva!
I started out last year with just three seeds that popped of ten. two girls one boy, I girl was lanky, stretchy, didn't do much but whisp out, but she was slightly purple but she got tossed the other girl was much more manageable in size but still stretchy, finishing at 14 weeks under led 12 hour cycle, then 11 hour cycle after three week veg under 325 actual watts of LED no sign of purple. the male as also manageable actually shorter than best female until flower. From there I made seed, I did not want to put much energy into these this time around not knowing what I had, really wanting purple pheno. So I kept the six of the seedlings pot bound in a quart jumbo square one week veg 24 hours photoperiod as they started flowering I culled out one male, then they looked a bit stressed so I bumped up the 5 youngins into a 1 gallon pot where they continued to flower until they looked like stretch was over, and looking just a bit stressed again so bumped up into 2 gallon were they finished off outside, day light hours were again just 10.5 hours. all the five were very uniform. I strongly suspect the tight rooting quarters, proper transplant sequence, and short bright photoperiod especially under LED could potentially yield even better results.

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

vermontman, I just assumed you lived in paradise and that you sing to them. Indoors you got to keep this pot pot bound.

Colombian Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

Flowering 18 - 19 weeks. Great calyx to leaf ratio. Best flowering structure, almost what you'd call colas. Not as vigorous as Punto Rojo -1.
My favorite. Sweetest tropical fruit aroma. Only cured 1 month, so its not ready to smoke, but anyway..........

The high is clean, clear, spacious, feel good, with expansive sensory awareness, euphoric, with a nice energy flow. Not as intense as some of the others, peaceful energy, but smoke after 8 PM and I'll be up dancing in the streets until 2 AM, and I'm only 62 years old. This one is very enjoyable and makes everything feel better. Not thought provoking, I like that! Colombian Gold can be mentally intense. Very smooth high with no stone and no comedown. Long lasting high.

Last edited:
B

Bob Green

Beautiful Colombian ladies everyone.

I am thinking Punto Rojo will make a killer cross hit with Nepali from Blue Hemp Co. Well that is the plan at some point.

vermontman

Beautiful Colombian ladies everyone.

I am thinking Punto Rojo will make a killer cross hit with Nepali from Blue Hemp Co. Well that is the plan at some point.

Man that is to funny just did that cross two days ago just waiting to see seeds develop. YOU READING MY MIND! LOL

B

Bob Green

Dang dude that's awesome!

Small world of sativa genetics in full effect. :)

Everything about those two lines screams make the cross. The aroma, effects, both are lookers. Nepali might beef up the buds, and branches plus cut down the flowering time a bit. Hopefully it turns out to be a winner. Could make for a monster outdoor line. Imagine finding a Red/Purple PR pheno with those crazy pink hairs from the Nepali sweet bubblegum meets tropical fruit, relaxed, but trippy and just the right amount of body. Maybe even in a 12-14 week span. Haha guess I have been dreaming about that one quite a bit lately.

I like the idea of people working parallel lines of the same crosses in different directions. Same goals even on opposite ends of the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.