What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Well thank you.
Does your Tom hill Haze always purple up?

You are welcome. :) having more genuine sativa enthusiasts displaying such healthy and interesting plants is a treasure.

Due to scheduling difficulties i have only been able to run her through flowering once so far, but the next girl will be flowering within a month. The temperatures were not especially cold i thought for her first round of flowering. Night time temperatures for her flowering were around 60-65 def fahrenheit if i recall. I think she started showing coloration changes starting around week 5 or 6. I had no clue she would end up being the color she is.

The hightype has also proven her worth keeping. Something euphoric and smile inducing. I'm glad she is such a tough plant too. Clones well. Smell and taste i'm going to have to get a better description of next round, but complex with citrus and some spice and mint. No hashy or fuel tones. My elder hippy friend said it made him feel like he was back in the 60's.:woohoo::woohoo:

e.T

30yr old big sur nigerian x vintage mexican red hair

n_m.jpg

put a very special 78thai x oaxacan trance male over her. been looking for the right male for almost 2yrs now...

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
my fav untested Neville's Haze (señor bueno) girl so far.
11 weeks from seed.
vegging in clone mum/babushka mode, waiting for clones to be
taken later this month for flowering in Oct.
picture.php

picture.php

she's the stretchiest and side-branchiest. stems are thin but kinda
strong, hard and woody. aromas are light, slightly woody and lemony.
and she's the lightest green of the eight NHs going, and bears the
closest resemblance to the greenhazexthais i've grown.

interesting- she was first to show sex (by far), even quickly adding pistils
to her pre-flowers, but one of the slowest to move into alternating phyllotaxy-
seen in the two stems rising above the topping.
any thoughts on this fast-to-female, slow-to-develop characteristic?
i was hoping the ultimate sativa squad could shed some light.

i'll mix the pollen from the NH males to hit the females.
but i've got another male i also want to use...

background
i hit this cedar incense and wine barrel-aroma'd pheno (AKA suede) of a JohnnyBlaze F2 bonsai...
picture.php

...with GreenHazexThai F3 pollen late last/earlier this year.

the offspring from that JBF2 x GHTF3 cross is on the right (10 weeks veg from seed)...
picture.php

...and smells strongly of lemon rind (i.e, unsweet, slightly bitter),
even in veg, and a bit of cedar wood- mmmmmm... soooo more-ish.

looks like it's going to be a male, so i've got a bonsai clone (above, left)
from my keeper GHxTF3 mum for hitting with pollen-
creating GHxTF3 x (JBF2 x GHxTF3), but using two different GHxTF3s.
should be a nice quasi-backcross.

the neville's haze will also get hit with this male.

saludos

Shooters

Lionheart x Zamaldelica F1

She is 10' 5" tall and 10' 8" wide wing-tip to wing-tip and smells like my #5 Zamaldelica.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers! I love big branchy sativas!

e.T

nigerian x mexican red hair - her effects are very nice. best of both parents. african intensity meets south american power. tequila weed. very similar to jim ortegas mexican death sativa (said to be an african with a touch of mex), but more refined. i would consider his to be sloshy, where mine is more loopy.
n_m.jpg

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
From my experience, I think they produce a more fully realized terpene profile than traditional MH/HPS, although I'm very curious to try CMH and plasma.

That could be partly because of the lack of infrared radiation in LED lights. I feel that the heat from a HPS tends to evaporate some of the more volatile terpenes.

I've finished a few tropicals using LEDs and CFLs, and while the LED grown plants stayed considerably smaller (less than a foot tall) the CFL grown ones were of better quality. The LED might have been a shitty one though.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
That could be partly because of the lack of infrared radiation in LED lights. I feel that the heat from a HPS tends to evaporate some of the more volatile terpenes.

I've finished a few tropicals using LEDs and CFLs, and while the LED grown plants stayed considerably smaller (less than a foot tall) the CFL grown ones were of better quality. The LED might have been a shitty one though.

Interesting, thanks for the input Thule :)

I definitely agree on the IR. Much easier and more cost efficient to dial in the environment too.

I have a CFL comparison as well. Advanced LED Diamond series v. Feliz dual spectrum 300w CFL.

In that case with clones run, there was no comparison to the LED. It was much better, but I'm sure there are both bad LEDs and CFLs out there.

Siever

Veteran
thanks for the answer!
So, if I understand you correctly, you use 300w cfl and have better results than with HPS.

Siever

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Hey Siever, check your PMs :)

I threw together a small, late ghetto garden @ 34N.

ZD#3xOTH
ZD#5xOTH
OTH#4 progeny

picture.php

Been battling 100F/38C temps for a few days. They hung in there. Long ways to go though.

I'm waiting to reunite with my OTH#5. Been months since I saw her. I didn't know you could grow so attached to a plant lol.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Little update with Zamal GN Collection P1 #2 female aka The Hydra, coming close to harvesting time actually!

Lots of resin and very intense fruity tropical smell. I'll try to shot a few macros and proper bud pics before chopping.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vibes.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Mustafunk - The Hydra is like a Medusa. I looked, and now I have a hard time looking away. Really cool looking plant. Nice job.

Here is a picture of my Bangi Haze plant:
picture.php

It is now in the race against the Godzilla el Nino formed in the eastern Pacific and threatening the west coast of the United States with heavy rains. We sure need our fires put out and our rivers and ground water recharged. It was over 100 degrees yesterday, as it has been dozens of times this summer. I hope those rains come, but not the mold. I'm so conflicted.
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Hope the best for you TB that El Nino been kicking our ass this summer one storm after another and hot and super humid, mold is loving it. Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.