What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siever

Veteran
Vermontman,

How does Malberry's Malawi compare to Ace Malawi?
C5 is a haze strain, it's not a pure haze, but in the coffeeshops in Maastricht it used to be sold as C5 haze. Another cut was A5. Which was similar.

Siever

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hello Waldgeist
You have some very beautiful ladies there, I am familiar with Malawi but if I may? What is C5?

G`day VM

C5 is an old cut of NL #5 x Haze C .
A5 is NL#5 x Haze A . AG13 is G13 x Hz A ,along with a cut of Nevil`s Hz they are original mothers Nevil and his crew selected from some green house grows .
20 + years the crew has preserved them .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

vermontman

Vermontman,

How does Malberry's Malawi compare to Ace Malawi?
C5 is a haze strain, it's not a pure haze, but in the coffeeshops in Maastricht it used to be sold as C5 haze. Another cut was A5. Which was similar.

Siever

Hey Siever
I never grew Ace Malawi But I here it was a bit more couchlock for a pure sativa than, what I grew which is actually Seeds of Africa Malawi gold, but that is just here say.
Hope that helps.

vermontman

+1
...and what was the flowering time on the Mulanje Gold?
cheers

Cheers back at ya!
The flowering time was 10 weeks after a three week veg from seed at 24 hour light per day. cut to 11.5 hours light per day for first eight weeks and for the last two weeks ten hours of light per day. Led light was used.

vermontman

G`day VM

C5 is an old cut of NL #5 x Haze C .
A5 is NL#5 x Haze A . AG13 is G13 x Hz A ,along with a cut of Nevil`s Hz they are original mothers Nevil and his crew selected from some green house grows .
20 + years the crew has preserved them .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

AND THANK YOU!
Ah that will fatten up the ladies a bit
NICE CROSS!

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Cheers back at ya!
The flowering time was 10 weeks after a three week veg from seed at 24 hour light per day. cut to 11.5 hours light per day for first eight weeks and for the last two weeks ten hours of light per day. Led light was used.

Another LED user. :tiphat: Not many of us NLD/LED folks around here. Cheers! Do you prefer the LED quality of flowers, or just the efficiency/economic impact? Or both?

vermontman

Another LED user. :tiphat: Not many of us NLD/LED folks around here. Cheers! Do you prefer the LED quality of flowers, or just the efficiency/economic impact? Or both?

Hey there! I actually am liking the efficiency and the quality better. I have two stealth grow SG602 One is an upgraded version which has far more red. Together they work great but the redder version seems to create more foxtailing.
So what do find?

BoldAsLove

Veteran
From my experience, I think they produce a more fully realized terpene profile than traditional MH/HPS, although I'm very curious to try CMH and plasma. I've also found a little less stretch overall which is awesome for the tropical varieties, but may bring yield down a bit overall especially compared to HPS, but makes for nice bud structure. I supplement with UV/blue CFLs and that may have something to do with that too. Some of that may have to due with the lower heat output of the LEDs too. It's definitely easier to control your environment, which may equal better terpenes. I guess it seems like LEDs get me closer to high quality outdoor whilst having to play inside. :)

I'm running Advanced LED, fyi

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Nepali
picture.php

picture.php

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Cheers back at ya!
thnx for the info.
i've got a couple of these seeds, and was thinking of crossing it with some greenHazexThai "F5" in hopes of getting some hybrid vigor.
how's the high on the Mulanje G?

vermontman

thnx for the info.
i've got a couple of these seeds, and was thinking of crossing it with some greenHazexThai "F5" in hopes of getting some hybrid vigor.
how's the high on the Mulanje G?

The Mulanje is possibly one of the most potent Sativas I have enjoyed. One buddy of mine says it is almost to strong. But overall very heady, upbeat, happy all around amazing. Bud density is also terrific and another buddy says best herb he ever smelled and strongest he smoked but all in a good way. I would suspect crossing would not only add hybrid vigor to your haze Thai but
probably quicken up bud development and certainly should ad to the bud density.
Hope that helps

vermontman

From my experience, I think they produce a more fully realized terpene profile than traditional MH/HPS, although I'm very curious to try CMH and plasma. I've also found a little less stretch overall which is awesome for the tropical varieties, but may bring yield down a bit overall especially compared to HPS, but makes for nice bud structure. I supplement with UV/blue CFLs and that may have something to do with that too. Some of that may have to due with the lower heat output of the LEDs too. It's definitely easier to control your environment, which may equal better terpenes. I guess it seems like LEDs get me closer to high quality outdoor whilst having to play inside. :)

I'm running Advanced LED, fyi

Playing inside can be fun! Your info is my overall take on LED I have heard plasma is a bust but some still say that about LED. Federation Hawaiian Sativa loafs via LED HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 027.jpgay

Attachments

• HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 017.jpg
    HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 017.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 16
  • HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 027.jpg
    HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 027.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Very pretty Nepali. would like to see more progression pics and smoke report. Do you keep her pure?
CHEEERS

Thank you. I will put up more pictures of her in the future + smoke report for you. This year, I will cross it with an Erdpurt to create a wonderful looking good smelling plant. The plan for next year will be to reproduce Nepali. There are about 10 seeds left for me to play with. I want to combine several phenotypes, because there are a few.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
The Mulanje is possibly one of the most potent Sativas I have enjoyed. One buddy of mine says it is almost to strong. But overall very heady, upbeat, happy all around amazing. Bud density is also terrific and another buddy says best herb he ever smelled and strongest he smoked but all in a good way. I would suspect crossing would not only add hybrid vigor to your haze Thai but probably quicken up bud development and certainly should ad to the bud density.
Hope that helps
thnx much for the info, VM.
your description of the high reminds me durban poison and other africans-
faster flowering with caffeine-ish type highs.
i've got a couple of the MulanjeG seeds, two of the Mozambique Poison, and
13 of the Malawi Gold. i think this was a package deal from holy smoke seeds
(and i believe they got the seeds from malberry).

wonder if these are true IBL landrace genetics...
i may pop the 2 mulanjes soon
(since there's only 2, it'll be easy to make room for 'em).

cheers sativa enthusiasts

vermontman

thnx much for the info, VM.
your description of the high reminds me durban poison and other africans-
faster flowering with caffeine-ish type highs.
i've got a couple of the MulanjeG seeds, two of the Mozambique Poison, and
13 of the Malawi Gold. i think this was a package deal from holy smoke seeds
(and i believe they got the seeds from malberry).

wonder if these are true IBL landrace genetics...
i may pop the 2 mulanjes soon
(since there's only 2, it'll be easy to make room for 'em).

cheers sativa enthusiasts

You are most welcome.
I really hope Mulanje are pure strain I kept beans pure I guess I will find out in a couple generations.

Bellow Oaxacan gold purple pheno selected out after 39 years Not much purple overall in the unseeded bud yet, but for first time very purple seed developing!!:woohoo:
SKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 019.jpgSKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 022.jpg

Attachments

• SKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 019.jpg
    SKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 019.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 17
  • SKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 022.jpg
    SKULL PURPLE CLONE SEED 022.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
So many excellent plants in this thread. Amazing.

Vermont Man that Oaxacan gold is making me drool on my keyboard.

Fibber Mcgees Nepali is very nice looking plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.